Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Should body kits be for the specific car
Yes 17 32.08%
No 12 22.64%
Dont care 24 45.28%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #31
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennXRT
I wouldn't call a BA GT kit or a T3 kit on another car being individual... your copying it off another car. Its not individual at all. Individual would be getitng something custom that no one else has got.
its more so then a Forte or XT is.
there is always gunna be more individuality in owning a car taht looks like a GT, then one that looks like an XT.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 02:39 PM   #32
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate this arguement. Its a pointless one. Build a bridge guys and move on. Its a car. A mode of transport.

I love my T Series kit on my 6 Cyl falcon. And I love my Bonnet Bulge. Its riced up and ready to go. But in a straight line, if I com up against the real deal, then i'm always gonna lose.

Last edited by Bucknaked; 30-04-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 03:11 PM   #33
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Quote:
I love my T Series kit on my 6 Cyl falcon. And I love my Bonnet Bulge. Its riced up and ready to go. But in a straight line, if I com up against the real deal, then i'm always gonna lose.
That's the best way to look at it really. I'm in the process of putting a kit on my car, but purely because I like how it looks, not because im trying to make it look like something it isn't. I know my car is only a GLi, and I'm not about to go out and start challenging every man and his dog to races and thinking I can win. I'm not really concerned about how fast my car can go, I'd just like something nice to drive, and drive it conservatively. I suppose what I'm saying is, I don't agree with putting (for example purposes only) a GT kit on an XT and then driving it like a GT and thinking that it is a GT, but doing it for looks, and lets face it, the gt kit was designed for the BA so naturally it will look good, I don't see any problem with.

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 03:17 PM   #34
EFFalcon
Last warning

why does a GT deserve a bodykit and nothing else.
Bucknaked: i'm with u, i don't care about how my car compares in performance to a BA XR, i simply want it to look good, and be enjoyable to drive.

slow cars can have bodykits too.
bodykit != fast car.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 04:43 PM   #35
Steve
torque is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennXRT
I wouldn't call a BA GT kit or a T3 kit on another car being individual... your copying it off another car. Its not individual at all. Individual would be getitng something custom that no one else has got.
AMEN! :
I could go out and get an XT and put an XR kit on it and think I'm being individual but am I? No. All I'm doing is trying to look like another car. I'd only be one step away from putting Mugen and Rally Art stickers all over the car. Being individual would be taking the XT and modding it to look like no other car on the road.
Old 30-04-2005, 05:54 PM   #36
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
AMEN! :
I could go out and get an XT and put an XR kit on it and think I'm being individual but am I? No. All I'm doing is trying to look like another car. I'd only be one step away from putting Mugen and Rally Art stickers all over the car. Being individual would be taking the XT and modding it to look like no other car on the road.
_2:
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2005, 10:44 PM   #37
Franky
Bring back the Phase

I don't care unless someone puts say a GT bodykit on a stock xr6 then you're just a moron. If you want to look you're car to look mean then I rekon a nice pair of mags, lowered car that's been looked after is as far as i'll go, people will be more impressed when they see you're car blast off in the distance

Last edited by Franky; 30-04-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2005, 03:32 PM   #38
347Stroker
Banned

Its really all about trying to be something that you are not.

If you want to portray that you have a GT but its only a XT, I bet you are also the guy looking up all the spam about penis extensions.

If you aint got it, you aint never gonna have it!!!!
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #39
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think if you have a car and want to put a kit on it get a custom made kit or one that isnt as generic. Then its unique or more individual. There are people who just want the look and others who have the look but want to drive it like its the real deal. Personally i have no idea why someone would mod a car to look like someone elses. If it portrays a performance car then it should have the engine to back it up. I just look at it and dont care. If i had a GT or a clubsport and a replica pulled up id just let it get ahead then kick there ***. Then you know who got the better deal :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post