Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 23-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Default ask stuff here about Heathcote drags

So guys as you know we have Heathcote coming up this weekend and there are a few people that have not raced before ..
Then there is also the most important part .. Your Car..
So this thread is if you have any Serious questions about How to set up your car or service it (Check it over for the weekend) ask away and I'm sure you will get a answer.
Before anyone just answers a question .. have some sort of first hand knowledge about what you are talking about.. not just " My mates brother had the same problem and he wiggled a wire and it worked" type of answer

Last edited by Casper; 23-05-2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
rushed
Starter Motor

i thought idd use this thread instead of starting a new one.

im going to heathcote this weekend.

ive been before, as an auto, now im manual, i can get the car out of the hole rather well with the manual 3000 slip and go, just steps to the left a tiny bit.

my issue is that the car was a gas car (still has the tank 1/3 full :( ) will removing the tank have a noticable effect on traction?

normaly i wouldnt ask, but as i have super-low fronts, and low rears, the rear is going to lift up more without the tank, its just worring me as im "hoping" to get a flat 15 or better

p.s. ill be running 4 stock rims with 95% 205's , as my alloys have SFA tread left.

thanks for any help.
rushed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushed
my issue is that the car was a gas car (still has the tank 1/3 full :( ) will removing the tank have a noticable effect on traction?

p.s. ill be running 4 stock rims with 95% 205's ,

thanks for any help.

taking the gas tank will reduce your weight so you will go faster ...
noticeable effect on traction... maybe not .. thats a hard one to answer as it would allso be what your springs are like..
as for your tyres .. well thats allso a different answer
If your tyres are good quality then you will get a better run .. if your tyres are cheap nasty 205s then you will spin the wheels easy er.
you could lower your air pressure in the rears ... some people have done that and they say it works.. test it out over the weekend and take some notes and post back.

Hope some of this heads you in the right way.

Cheers
Swanny