Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 16-03-2005, 12:16 AM   #61
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Gary it would be a pretty simple task-Bolt on mods,Standard,modified engine and driveline incl tyres ect... and a seperate class for the power adders including N20
Yes and NO

After 200 posts in that thread, there is nothing suitable to submit to ANDRA so we are just going to keep it simple.

That thread is still open for suggestions though, and more than welcomed!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 09:45 AM   #62
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I dont think we will ever get the classes right 1st time based on this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8833#post78833 but a simple database of car, times, mods maybe a starting point.

Here's a simple idea for Musclecar classes:

Firstly 2 Catagories:

Cat A) "Classic Muscle" for cars from 1967 to 1979
Cat B) "Modern performance" for cars from 1980 to 2005.

Then sub classes:

Class 1) Stock: the only mods allowed are consumables ie: aircleaner elements, exhausts from the original exhaust manifold back or catalytic converter, plugs, leads, original size street tyres and rims, No CAI, No headers, No bigger carbs, No modified motors, trans, gear ratios etc etc.

Class 2) Modified: Bolt on mods allowed IE: full exhaust, CAI, bigger carbs, throttle bodies, NO internal engine mods, gear ratio changes or Computer upgrades.

Class 3) Super class, anything goes as long as its street legal and roadworthy, cars must retain their original suspension types and mounting points.

Thoughts??

4Vman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #63
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV 41T
i think what would settle this dispute would be to have a shootout with the ba gt V's the au te50 t3 it could be very interesting
That would be great but i would rather have a shootout with the other manufacturers in the same era as the car i am racing with.FPV/TICKFORD V hsv ect........... :1syellow1
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #64
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
That would be great but i would rather have a shootout with the other manufacturers in the same era as the car i am racing with.FPV/TICKFORD V hsv ect........... :1syellow1
I agree, Ford is Ford, were all on the same team aren't we??

Old 17-03-2005, 12:25 AM   #65
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

If i could have a choice between 3 Ford muscle cars to enjoy and race,
it would be a,
XR GT, XY GT & X series 2 door GT.(A,B or C).
What would you choose ?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 09:32 AM   #66
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
If i could have a choice between 3 Ford muscle cars to enjoy and race,
it would be a,
XR GT, XY GT & X series 2 door GT.(A,B or C).
What would you choose ?
My Factory weapons of choice would either be a Phase 2 with the 3.7 rear end, no rev limiter so it will scream! a Phase 3 with a wide ratio box, large QC cam and 3.9 rear end or XAGT RPO coupe, the best thing is all are factory fitted options!!!

Old 17-03-2005, 10:02 AM   #67
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Some images from the Muscle Car day they hold at QLd Raceway
Show and Shine, Track Time and Drag Racing
Due to work commitments I could only go for a few hours but it was fantastic
I missed out on the 1/4 mile runs but iirc it was all run together.

I'd be a great thing if you could organise an event of similiar magnitude that included post 1990 cars with a certain selection criteria opposed to the free for all Street Machine events that seem very popular too.. Would maybe take a year or two to get off the ground but could really be a great event

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 10:21 AM   #68
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft

I'd be a great thing if you could organise an event of similiar magnitude that included post 1990 cars with a certain selection criteria opposed to the free for all Street Machine events that seem very popular too.. Would maybe take a year or two to get off the ground but could really be a great event
Looks awesome!!! we NEED an event like this in VIC.

Old 17-03-2005, 04:43 PM   #69
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Unreal, even the old Valliant station wagon had a crack..
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 05:07 PM   #70
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Sounds good

A VIC event could be organised with the owners of calder and there could be a number of different driving disciplines to ensure that there is a more wholistic approach to the competition and therefore a more acceptable overall winner.

I guess that there would be heaps of issues with insurance and licensing etc etc..................but maybe someone who knows about these things could enlighten the rest of us.

The Calder race track is an awesome circuit to drive around and a real challenge to keep the rear end glued on the tight esses half way round the track. Have "gunned" the ESP around there a number of times during the Calder Cruise nights and had heaps of fun. Would be great to do it again in a competition style environment with a whole heap of other past and modern day CLASSIC FORDS.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #71
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft

That is what i was talking about in the other thread having a variety of events and the SHOW and SHINE would be a bonus,some real nice looking automobiles in there too.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post