Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #1
Hibbz
The Mod Bug Has Hit

Default Legalitys

Hey guys and girls im looking into putting a snort kit on my car and am looking for some info about to do with doing it legal. I got a price yesterday which was $1600 for the emissions which includes GST and Speacial Fuel required also i got a price of a min of $800 from a engineer to sign it off if all looks good.

Know my questions are:

Does anyone know of anyone with a au i6 turbo that has passed a emissions test and a engineer in victoria or somewhere else that has the same guidelines and Vic?

Whats the most boost that a standard ECU can run with a edit before Aftermarket Computer? and on that subject whats Aftermarket Computers still retain most of the factory functions?

Whats is a safe level of boost to run daily with only engine mod being a decompression plate??

Thanks Jake

Old 25-03-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

from memeory, i think the most boost you could have with out major upgrades is around 8 psi. also, if you convert to LPG emissions test will pass no worries at all. as for the rest, i cannt help you there as im in qld, but hopefully someone will be able to help out with the rest.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Send a PM to Laminge - he knows all about Vic emission testing, as he had to do it for his supercharged T3.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
stiddy
Banned

The safest level of boost to run all day everyday is around 8psi on a stock motor, with a decomp plate and a well tuned setup you can push it to 12psi without any real dramas.
Again with the emissions testing, remembering that the Edit can have 3 tunes, if the tuner is good and knows what he's doing with the Edit, he should be able to have a 'legal' tune, proper tune and vallet tune or something.
Also with the Edit you wont need to upgrade it to a aftermarket engine management, the Edit is along way advanced and so far the best tuning tool on the market for our falcons.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Good on you for doing it the right way Jake
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post