Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
Kevin

Default WT Fiesta ~ Battery type and radio code.

Hi everyone,

I'll be taking care of a 2011 Zetec while the owner goes overseas for an extended period and want to connect an Ozcharge battery keeper for that duration. (apart from starting the car every now and then and running the air conditioner)

First question is: Is the battery one of the new type lead calcium batteries?

Second question: Is it necessary to enter a code to re-enable the radio system after the battery has been reconnected?

Ozcharge recommend disconnecting the battery from the vehicle while charging and maintaining it.

There's neither info in the user manual about the battery type nor any mention of a radio code. It just states "Each unit incorporates a unique code that is linked to the VIN. The system will automatically check that the audio unit and vehicle match before allowing operation. If a security code appears, please see your dealer".

Thanks for any help.

Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
hnn17

Default Re: WT Fiesta ~ Battery type and radio code.

1. check the label on the battery, it will tell you if it's calcium or silver.
2. get a charger that doesn't require you to disconnect the battery from the car and you don't need the radio code. i got a ctek 7, i use it once a month to top up.
hnn17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Kevin

I've already got the calcium type charger :\ ... though it can also charge standard batteries. I just don't want to set it to calcium if it's not a calcium battery because it will ruin the battery. Conversely if I set it to charge a standard battery, my understanding is that it won't sufficiently charge the battery if it's calcium.

I've checked the battery; nowhere on the top label does it state what type it is.

cheers
Old 10-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
trumpy73

what does it say on top? model etc?
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
Kevin

The car's not here at the moment but the battery sticker doesn't say anything apart from Ford, 330 CCA and the amp hour rating.

cheers
Old 10-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
hnn17

sounds like it's a normal lead acid one
hnn17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Kevin

thanks.