Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
TripleJ85

Default Typical delivery timeframe?

Hi All,

My girlfriend signed on the dotted line on Saturday to get one a new LV MKII LX Focus in Tango. She was assured that it was in 'final assembly' and should expect it in 2-6 weeks. She was pushed to sign up there and the to guarantee getting it.

Anyway, she got a call today saying not to expect it until February - about 3 months later than expected. She was given the option of taking a different colour sooner (which she doesn't want) or waiting (but not a refund of the deposit).

Do any of you have similar experience or a feel for how long it takes for cars to arrive? It's all a bit of a sour taste being pushed to sign up in a big hurry, then the delivery put off for so long. I suppose this big worry is that the date will slip again...

TripleJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
smee323
Yes it is mine...

There may be a wait on an XR5, ours took 3 months. But for a garden variety Focus from South Africa, there should be one somewhere around and a 4 month wait is ridiculous.

I would be saying you can stick your car, and I want my money back. Check the delivery date and what was written on your order form. It should state anticipated delivery date.
Give Consumer Affairs a ring and ask them for advice. Then approach dealer with CA information.

2010 LV Focus XR5
BG Mazda Familia Rally Car (KH Tx3 in disguise)
BF Series II V8 Ute
smee323 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
irs

I ordered a Tango TDi automatic early September, with delivery sometime November. Had a phone call last week that delivery should by mid November. Not too worried, as I have a fixed price trade in value for my existing TDi manual.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Were there any options added to the car which may make one harder to source, and therefore an extended wait on?

They're not using the MV Cougar Ace to bring the Focus from South Africa to Australia are they?
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
eddiemonster
Starter Motor

Free Goods
eddiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
TripleJ85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Were there any options added to the car which may make one harder to source, and therefore an extended wait on?
Nope, just the standard LX package... the only tricky bit was the colour (apparently tango is unpopular).
Old 30-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #7
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't be as unpopular as plum brush
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Similar thing happened to me when ordering my origional WS Fiesta. The wait went from one month to three and the finance came back at 13%. They winged and moaned but I got my deposit back after a good month or so.

Either presure them to find one (people who got sick of waiting for the WS Fiesta went to can the order and somehow the car they wanted was tracked down on the spot!) or find a dealer who will. Just make sure their is no clause in the contract about extended wait periods.

Seems Ford must have supply issues, maybe this is why Focus sales are so poor?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
TripleJ85

Still waiting on this one I'm afraid... she called and spoke to the stock lady today who said it will be a Feb Build (FFS!). I'm not sure what to do from here... mighty tempting to give them a hard time, get the deposit back and visit another dealer.

The only reason she went with metro was that they assured her that they were the biggest and could get any colour/combination she wanted. They seem to have lied to us all along, it is very frustrating.

Anyone know a good dealer in Brisbane? Denmac is close to us...
Old 10-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
eddiemonster
Starter Motor

Hey triplej85 if u dont mind how much deposit did u put if about 500 or a grand go 2 another dealer say that u want the car for the price u got it (plus the deposit) and see what they say and when someone misinforms you its called DECEPTION highly illegal to deceive someone by giving them wrong information without proof in writing that there was a delay on that car after telling u 2-6 weeks ask y the delay straight after you sold me the car remember when u talk 2 them say "I hope iam not being deceived"
Good luck
eddiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
somers181

Front page of the sale contract in bottom left hand corner should have expected delivery date if that has past by more than 30 days you should get full refund as stated in clause 2.3 on page 2 of Terms and Conditions, if that is what you want....... complain to consumer affairs as that is the whole point of signing a contract with a date included............ good luck
Old 11-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #12
irs

I ordered my Tango TDCi (automatic) on 9 September, and took delivery on 8 December. However, I was told when I ordered it that delivery would be late November - early December. Was worth the wait.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
TripleJ85

The car finally arrived last Friday - about 3.5 months after ordering. The slick young shonky salesman had every story under the sun for the lateness and claims to have sourced the car from another dealer interstate (though there is no sign of this in the manuals etc).

The sales manager there tells me the ship due in December was delayed, and then the floods shut down the Brisbane port - so they were sent to Sydney/Melbourne and then trucked up (which sounds more likely).

Anyway, she's generally happy with the car... it drives well and the new mkII stereo is pretty slick with the bluetooth & USB (seems to be the one that used to come in the zetec). The bloody thing leaks water though! (in around the windscreen). It's in at the dealer now, fingers crossed it comes back leak free soon.