Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-09-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
gooseneck
Banned

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

I strongly recommend anyone following this thread to also watch this video:
https://youtu.be/GSfeZWvCeBY?t=471

As we all know an invasion of Taiwan is bad news as the US would be pressured to support their interests in the region. I wouldn't be surprised however if North Korea doesn't take advantage of such a situation. If that is the case then there is no reason why China couldn't also take advantage of the situation and invade Hong Kong to assert their dominance over their claims over HK.

The US then seeing this as a greater threat also support Hong Kong. Russia then seeing this as a threat to their interests sends troops to Hong Kong Taiwan and the Chinese border.

I doubt Japan would be given up easily.

The only thing preventing this would be the Covid-19 lockdown easing and all western economies globally recovering and relations with China improving over time. Hopefully Trump doesn't win again.

I don't see the Chinese man-made islands being of any threat to anyone, an artificial Tsunami from a water detonated nuke could probably wipe them off the map quite easily.

Last edited by gooseneck; 07-09-2020 at 05:15 PM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2020, 06:23 PM   #2
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
Interesting vid, brings a lot of the probable hotspots into one presentation.
I read somewhere today, China is on track to have a bigger fleet of ships etc. than the U.S.
I think the Taiwan, Hong Kong and the Sth China Sea is (as per the vid) is brewing into the most probable. That said there is some experience on AFF, history etc. ; I guess who knows.

I'm not sure a Trumpless Whitehouse will help much, hopefully him not there will help build alliances.
Yes Trump supporters, he has tackled some issues but he obviously has the social skills of a preteen
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2020, 11:59 AM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post

As we all know an invasion of Taiwan is bad news as the US would be pressured to support their interests in the region. I wouldn't be surprised however if North Korea doesn't take advantage of such a situation. If that is the case then there is no reason why China couldn't also take advantage of the situation and invade Hong Kong to assert their dominance over their claims over HK.

The US then seeing this as a greater threat also support Hong Kong. Russia then seeing this as a threat to their interests sends troops to Hong Kong Taiwan and the Chinese border.

I doubt Japan would be given up easily.

The only thing preventing this would be the Covid-19 lockdown easing and all western economies globally recovering and relations with China improving over time. Hopefully Trump doesn't win again.

I don't see the Chinese man-made islands being of any threat to anyone, an artificial Tsunami from a water detonated nuke could probably wipe them off the map quite easily.
Why would China need to invade Hong Kong? It's essentially already a part of China, they just run a slightly different system of government. One which the CCP has already watered down, and pretty much taken over already.

Based on those comments, I can pretty much just ignore the rest of your thoughts.

And Trump being in office is a good thing. He's one of the only ones keeping the CCP in check. Imagine Dementia Joe negotiating with Xi. God help the world if that happens. It would be a disaster.

Weren't you the one that went on a big anti-communist rant? Or was that someone else.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2020, 04:30 AM   #4
gooseneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Why would China need to invade Hong Kong? Based on those comments, I can pretty much just ignore the rest of your thoughts.
Talk about sticking your head in the sand.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/1/2075003...itary-invasion

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...akness-n600266

An invasion of Taiwan would spark further unrest in HK and HK is a good port the Chinese wouldn't leave those ports alone in their plans for a larger conflict if they have any.

Specifically it would be a nice little launching point that is easily defended on all sides. The Chinese could put artillery on all sides of HK Island and defend the HK port quite easily.

There aren't many other ports nearby that are as close to their stakes in the South China Sea and Taiwan so they could use HK as a means of defending their stakes.

All of the other ports are mostly farmland.

The US won't invade Hong Kong by putting ground forces down that would be suicide, They would just bomb it. But the US fearing civilian casualties won't.

For China to take HK would be the perfect launching point into the south. The closest harbor then would be XIAODANSHAN (Near Ningbo) but that is in the east china sea, more suited for Japan.

In other news:
https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...6dbb7809166b6f

Last edited by gooseneck; 09-09-2020 at 04:57 AM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post