Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
Hibbz
The Mod Bug Has Hit

Default Sluggish Problems????

Ok guys my car is a: Au3 auto Forte i6

Now my problem started that when it got below quater of a tank it would have a lot of lagg between shifts if you put the foot down a bit, even more so if you had just exited a turn. So i just didnt let it get below quater tank and it was fine.

Then the same problem started occuring from half tank down. So i called me mechanic whos a mate of my old mans and booked it in.

Then a couple days before i was taking it to him it started gettin really bad where it would stall and the revs would drop till ya took ya foot off the accelarator then sometimes it would come back up to idle and others it would just stall.

The mechanic said it could be a lot of things and said he would decode the computer and see if theres any faults and found that there was errors with the leads and coilpack.

So he replaced:

Coilpack
Leads
Plugs

Cost:580 including labour and decoding

Jumped in the car and it is still doing it so went back to see him and he said that those issued had to be fixed before we could move further but i have run out of cash for now so i couldnt go on with the change random parts till its fixed attitude.

Can anyone shead any light on my problem.

Thxs Jake

Hibbz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Leads, plugs and coilpack all replaced, that leaves (in order) ISC valve on the TB, O2 sensor or MAP sensor. Could also possibly be the power steering sensor, but doubtful.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

May sound basic but try changing the fuel filter and fuel pump sock.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
yep.... good call definately sounds like a pressure problem... maybe even replace the complete fuel pump assembly...

Quite poor form to replace the spark related items when you described quite well that it was fine over 1/4 of a tank of juice

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
Hibbz
The Mod Bug Has Hit

Srry forgot to mention fuel filter replaced

He said the next port of call is the fuel pump but i dont really have and endless supply of cash being an 18 year old fella at uni to just taking these stabs in the dark.

Whats a fuel pump worth and a fuel pump sock??? and can it be fitted fairly easy by my self???

Thxs people replys are great.

Another question should those sensors be replaced or can they be cleaned???
Old 29-09-2006, 10:37 PM   #6
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They can be cleaned to a point but really if they aren't performing you should replace them. The good news is they can both be tested to see if they need replacing. Ask your mechanic to fault them before he goes ahead and replaces them.
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
NA XR6
!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
As above
NA XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #8
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD_AU_MAN

Whats a fuel pump worth and a fuel pump sock??? and can it be fitted fairly easy by my self???
They are fairly simple to fit yourself, PM me if you want to know how.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 AM   #9
Hibbz
The Mod Bug Has Hit

Thxs for replys so far guys its helped give me some ideas of what to look at.

Next week end i will pull the tank out and see whats goin on there.

Hopefully that will shead some light on the problem.