Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 01:39 PM   #14521
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
sooooo ...
what was the hookers name
Gladys!

Cheers Billy
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 01:42 PM   #14522
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NZ 40 odd yesterday, 20 today.....

Have a feeling they might just prove us wrong about delta schmelta.

Mind you, their lock down is HARD. Not even takeaways allowed.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 01:47 PM   #14523
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for all the info BENT. Very interesting.
My wife and i are booked for both pfizer jabs.

The dates we were allowed to book are 3 weeks apart. I accepted this but now wondering if that's too close together, should it not be 12week gap? Or is that AZ only?
This user likes this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #14524
slowsnake
Banned

Just went to local shopping centre, not big by any means but Woolies, chemist, bakery, barber shop, newsagent a few clothing and food and coffee shops, enough parking foe a good 1000 cars, so carport almost full?
Security mob directing traffic, this is 9 am, get a spot, go to chemist, an external door, then through internal door to shops.

A big shop at rear is the size of a basketball court, been closed for yonks, so I head to Woolies and there are about 200 people going into this unused shop, 3 big tables set up outside with 3 people at each table, and a big banner above shop, " Free Covid Testing and Vaccination "......

Local letterbox drop would of been nice!

Cheers Billy

Last edited by slowsnake; 04-09-2021 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Fix auto spell
Old 04-09-2021, 02:01 PM   #14525
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

We were at 80 two or three days ago its steadily coming down so looking good only worrying part was testing numbers seem to be down ?....so who knows how accurate it is ?

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 04-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #14526
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post

The dates we were allowed to book are 3 weeks apart. I accepted this but now wondering if that's too close together, should it not be 12week gap? Or is that AZ only?
The recommended gap for Pfizer ranges from 3 (minimum) to 6 (preferred) but there is no data I can find that indicates what the drop off in efficacy is from having it early but there will be one of course.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 04-09-2021, 02:26 PM   #14527
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So remind me - how’s the Christmas miracle supposed to go ?
Eighty percent have been jabbed, then it’s all systems go - is that the plan ?
So covid will be circulating fairly freely and the hospitals and the ICUs will fill up but only to some allegedly manageable level.
Zat how it works ?
Jobs for all and acceptable death rates.
Maybe a fistful of cash too somehow.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:44 PM   #14528
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe View Post
So covid will be circulating fairly freely and the hospitals and the ICUs will fill up but only to some allegedly manageable level.
Zat how it works ?
ScoMo needs (wants) Australia opened by Xmas, then followed by the international borders.

With Australians happy going about their life as normal (while living with Delta),
ScoMo can then call the 2022 election in March or May with voters in a better state of mind
4 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 03:58 PM   #14529
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The recommended gap for Pfizer ranges from 3 (minimum) to 6 (preferred) but there is no data I can find that indicates what the drop off in efficacy is from having it early but there will be one of course.
Thanks Russell.
Weve been chatting at home and will talk with staff when we are there for our 1st jab. Might be worthwhile extending that 2nd one out a bit further, but they may have appointment limitations we havent considered. A quick chat should sort us out.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:25 PM   #14530
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
I remember seeing the numbers, but for the life of me I can't find the article that had it now. It was one of the reasons why I pushed mine out to 5 weeks. Didn't want to make it 6 because just in case I miss the appointment then it would put me outside of the recommended interval. I remember the difference was pretty modest though, nowhere like the gap of the AZ.

This is the next best thing I could find. Note this indicates going past 6 weeks gives even better antibodies, not sure how that translates to efficacy against severe symptoms, hospitalisations and deaths.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1875

"The preprint, released on 23 July, looked at immune responses in 503 healthcare workers who had received the Pfizer vaccine. It found that, after the second vaccine dose, neutralising antibody concentrations were higher after an interval of 6-14 weeks than after the 3-4 week regimen that was initially recommended.

When looking at the delta variant, researchers also noted that, though there were good levels of antibodies after the shorter dosing interval, levels were 2.3-fold higher with the longer dosing interval."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
We were at 80 two or three days ago its steadily coming down so looking good only worrying part was testing numbers seem to be down ?....so who knows how accurate it is ?
It makes sense. Lock down = less movement = less exposure sites = less close contacts = less transmission = less people with covid / symptoms = less need for people to go get tested. Lets see!

BTW, does your media go to town on the government for these lock downs? Or are they generally supportive?

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 04:26 PM   #14531
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe View Post
Zat how it works ?
As my poor departed Mother would say!.....

" And the band played believe me if you like "

Cheers Billy
Old 04-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #14532
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I remember seeing the numbers, but for the life of me I can't find the article that had it now. It was one of the reasons why I pushed mine out to 5 weeks. Didn't want to make it 6 because just in case I miss the appointment then it would put me outside of the recommended interval. I remember the difference was pretty modest though, nowhere like the gap of the AZ.

This is the next best thing I could find. Note this indicates going past 6 weeks gives even better antibodies, not sure how that translates to efficacy against severe symptoms, hospitalisations and deaths.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1875

"The preprint, released on 23 July, looked at immune responses in 503 healthcare workers who had received the Pfizer vaccine. It found that, after the second vaccine dose, neutralising antibody concentrations were higher after an interval of 6-14 weeks than after the 3-4 week regimen that was initially recommended.

When looking at the delta variant, researchers also noted that, though there were good levels of antibodies after the shorter dosing interval, levels were 2.3-fold higher with the longer dosing interval."

It makes sense. Lock down = less movement = less exposure sites = less close contacts = less transmission = less people with covid / symptoms = less need for people to go get tested. Lets see!

BTW, does your media go to town on the government for these lock downs? Or are they generally supportive?
Yeah they get grilled every time there's a mistake the other day there was a break out of quarantine they found out the PM knew 5 minutes before the daily covid up date and said nothing so talkback and the media went ballistic till their was a full explanation ....the opposition pollies tried saying in the 1st lockdown that things should be opened up but I think general consensus was that it would have been the wrong thing to do there's getting more and more pressure on them to open up ,but till the vaccination rates are up there most people over here realise we really have no option but to carry on with lockdowns

This lockdowns been a challenge we haven't had that many and they've been relatively short but they're pretty severe ....you can feel everyone's getting a bit over it .....if we were to have another one soon I think people will throw the toys out of the cot , especially Auckland as they've taken the brunt of it

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 04-09-2021, 07:39 PM   #14533
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post

All good, i just think transparency from first hand experience has more value than what you get fed through the media, if it helps someone else i've done something positive.

With regard to bookings, it seems very fluid depending on where around the country you are and the feels at the time, i think they're making it up as they go tbh.
My second booking was 3 weeks, my Wife's was 3 weeks too.

What's going to be interesting for my situation is that my second jab is already booked for 3 weeks from yesterday. Because i was unable to get the jab yesterday they made me an honorary member of the covid vax club and elevated me to VIP status meaning i can walk in without a booking, no really, im a CVIP, but here's the kicker, its only valid for the first booking, at this stage i cant take advantage of that until after Thursday at 1pm as that's when i'll speak with my Cardiologist.
Problem is, next Thursday to my 2nd booking appointment wont be 3 weeks so again we see a situation where they haven't considered it right through so i'll need to address that with them if it happens.

had some worse news today, my eldest Daughter was contacted by SA Health today, she attended a tier 1 site during the week and now has 14 days iso.
She only started a new job 7 weeks ago, ironically an essential service, and now wont be able to work and hasn't accrued enough leave to cover it, she is looking into her options.
She found out an hour after i caught up with her today so i dont know where that leaves me, i started a new job Monday.

How's my luck though, yesterday i get refused my covid jab because the side effects might cause me harm and 24hrs later im in the company of someone flagged as having been to a tier 1 site.
You couldnt script this ****.

Last edited by BENT_8; 04-09-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:57 PM   #14534
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator

At the risk of counting the chickens prior to hatching, our current lockdown is trending (almost) exactly the same as our first big lockdown. So yea, it's looking good!

Personally, I think if Maccas is still open, it's not a real lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
Testing numbers have been trending down, but we also had massive numbers for the first 10 days or so of lockdown. It's all balancing out. Auckland straight up running out of people to test though :p
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 09:13 PM   #14535
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"The public should feel very reassured that we have an extremely confidential team of contact tracers."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...iver/100434312

*giggles*
Old 04-09-2021, 11:12 PM   #14536
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The nomads sent me a screenshot of Italian stats, August 30th. 7 day average, ~6500 cases and 50 Covid deaths per day. Politicians aren’t screaming for a lockdown, people aren’t hiding behind their furniture.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2021, 11:25 PM   #14537
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
The nomads sent me a screenshot of Italian stats, August 30th. 7 day average, ~6500 cases and 50 Covid deaths per day. Politicians aren’t screaming for a lockdown, people aren’t hiding behind their furniture.
Italy probably achieved heard immunity back in 2020 when they were seeing 500+ deaths per day and trucks full of coffins lined the streets.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...erwhelmed-town
Old 05-09-2021, 12:05 AM   #14538
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The guys had a theory for that, they reckoned pre-pandemic accessible (proactive, even) healthcare for a large elderly cohort meant that in the early days of Covid a large number of quite old people with serious comorbidities were knocked down.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:42 AM   #14539
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
With more than twice the population of Australia and a much higher population density, I'm not surprised but that would still equate to ~3,000 cases and ~20 deaths per day here and those are numbers we are likely to see when we open up again if not earlier.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-09-2021, 12:06 PM   #14540
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not good....

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/...n-reported#mtr

"On Thursday, the state reported almost 1000 people with Covid-19 were in hospital and 160 of those were receiving the most complex form of healthcare in intensive care units.

But that figure leaves out almost 1700 people who are receiving hospital-grade care for coronavirus in their own homes in NSW. Most of those are being monitored by staff from the swamped Westmead Hospital in the state’s Western Sydney Local Health District. Under these arrangements, patients who would otherwise be on the hospital ward are instead given oxygen and other support at home with scheduled visits from hospital staff."

Rides (past and present)

Old 05-09-2021, 12:23 PM   #14541
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 4th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,762 new cases for Australia and 4 deaths so the CMR is 1.728%. That's another record daily case high.

19 new cases and 1 death for NZ so CMR is 0.720%.

The UK had a lower 36,642 cases yesterday and lower 120 deaths for a CMR of 1.918%.

A lower 185,593 new cases in the USA yesterday and higher 1,859 deaths sees CMR at 1.634%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)

Global cases pass 221M, the last 1M in 1 day;
Asia passes 71M cases;

Suriname (415); and
Australia (1,762)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Nigeria moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Kenya drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2021, 12:34 PM   #14542
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC

NSW records 1,487 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate drops to 1.0429 (from 1.0582) while the actual line is now slightly below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 183 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.1181 (from 1.1995) while the actual line is about level with the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2021, 12:51 PM   #14543
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m trying unsuccessfully to find a breakdown of vaccinations by state, by day, first and second doses.

There are running totals for both first and second doses, and daily gross totals. What I’m wondering about is how the comparative rates are tracking, is NSW’s first dose rate tapering off as second doses rise? Gut feeling suggests it is, and that even 80% first dose is not going to be the comparative cakewalk 70% was.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:05 PM   #14544
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

There continues to be a disparity between hospitalisations in Victoria and NSW and how they are treated.

Victoria currently has 89 in hospital and NSW 1,030 both of which are 6.4% of the 14-day case load.

However, Victoria has 24 of those in ICU (27%) while NSW has a much lower percentage with 175 in ICU (17%) and those numbers represent 1.7% (Vic) and 1.1% (NSW) of the 14-day case load.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2021, 01:18 PM   #14545
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
I’m trying unsuccessfully to find a breakdown of vaccinations by state, by day, first and second doses.

There are running totals for both first and second doses, and daily gross totals. What I’m wondering about is how the comparative rates are tracking, is NSW’s first dose rate tapering off as second doses rise? Gut feeling suggests it is, and that even 80% first dose is not going to be the comparative cakewalk 70% was.
Here you go.
Attached are the up to date figures.

First spreadsheet is for one dose per state per day (From 21/2/21)
Second is for two doses per state per day (From 18/3/21)
Attached Files
File Type: xls 1 dose.xls (43.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: xls 2 Doses.xls (39.5 KB, 3 views)
3 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #14546
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
I’m trying unsuccessfully to find a breakdown of vaccinations by state, by day, first and second doses
Here is the Victorian day by day data for first and second doses for the month of August (it's actually broken down by vaccine type but I've combined it for this purpose).

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 05-09-2021, 01:45 PM   #14547
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Thanks - I feel it’s going to be an interesting set of lines to watch as our patience with lockdown wears thinner. Could be our salvation, or our torture!
Old 05-09-2021, 02:17 PM   #14548
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Thanks - I feel it’s going to be an interesting set of lines to watch as our patience with lockdown wears thinner. Could be our salvation, or our torture!
This website has the data you're after, cb.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-...llout/13197518

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 05-09-2021, 03:15 PM   #14549
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Cheers, it’s an interesting set of numbers to follow.

A rough calculation sees NSW top 80%x1 within seven days, but I’m not banking on it. If we do, I think the state government owes us a biscuit.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:52 PM   #14550
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cheers, it’s an interesting set of numbers to follow.

A rough calculation sees NSW top 80%x1 within seven days, but I’m not banking on it. If we do, I think the state government owes us a biscuit.
population of NSW 8.06mil (2020)
32320 covid cases
covid deaths 177
yep i think Glad Bags owes you something for letting it run

1090 covid cases in WA
covid deaths 9

both as of 4th Sep

and even tho we didnt get the bulk of the vaccine here they are getting the injection rate up with whats available and there are waiting lists , but i can understand with our lack of in house current restrictions why we dont want to open up to let it in from NSW no matter how much they think they are entitled to outer state travel with what ever they have achieved

i finally (after 4 attempts) had my first vaccine injection and am to get my second pfizer on the 18th

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Closed Thread