Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-06-2021, 11:11 PM   #11791
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Perth on full lockdown because the woman who visited Sydney and came back on the 21st has already infected 2 people who were casual contacts on the 22nd.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-06-2021, 11:22 PM   #11792
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
Perth on full lockdown because the woman who visited Sydney and came back on the 21st has already infected 2 people who were casual contacts on the 22nd.
Wow. And through sitting on seperate tables in a restaurant.

I wonder when we will start to see cases from the melb londo infection.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 29-06-2021, 10:54 AM   #11793
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Australia must be an interesting petri dish for the scientists. With no local infections you can get a pretty good idea of how infectious it is.
Old 29-06-2021, 11:44 AM   #11794
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Steven Miles reckons 50% of international arrivals are from exemptions.....that is, they are not returning citizens or permanent residents. If that is true, it's astounding.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 29-06-2021, 11:45 AM   #11795
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s not in the public’s interest to know, presumably.

This inevitability, I have referenced before - the “creeping double standard”.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #11796
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT June 28th, 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

30 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.981%.

9 cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.950% and active cases 28.

The UK had a much higher 22,644 cases yesterday and lower 3 deaths.

A higher 10,596 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 121 deaths sees CMR at 1.795%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 182M, the last 1M in 3 days;
Europe passes 1.1M deaths;

only Bangladesh (8,364)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Myanmar moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Chile drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 29-06-2021 at 12:50 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 12:37 PM   #11797
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

So let me try and understand this?
You can get the AZ jab… IF you sign a “no-fault indemnity”?
No comebacks? No future rights if you develop clots, or have God knows whatever long term effects because of it?
Meanwhile, the Pollies and their families all get Pfizer?
Do THEY also sign a no fault indemnity?
As for Andrews and his crap about not letting people (Aus Citizens) back into Australia… that ain’t HIS department (unless he’s suddenly become PM) and it’s just blatant vote grabbing, and a great little deflect from his OWN friggin (how many died?) mismanagement!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 29-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #11798
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
No comebacks? No future rights if you develop clots, or have God knows whatever long term effects because of it?
As for Andrews and his crap about not letting people (Aus Citizens) back into Australia… that ain’t HIS department (unless he’s suddenly become PM) and it’s just blatant vote grabbing, and a great little deflect from his OWN friggin (how many died?) mismanagement!
I believe governments signed a no fault indemnity for Pfizer and Moderna as a condition for receiving them. The Commonwealth has a fund for any future compensation, I "think" the AZ indemnity is for the GPs i.e. joe public can't sue the GP.

Andrews may be referring to the 50% who are not citizens / permanent residents?

Anna now asking for the same.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #11799
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

See if anyone can decipher this...

https://www.sydney.edu.au/news-opini...e-effects.html

"However, it is not entirely clear what this indemnity deal means in practice. The budget papers say the government will cover: 'certain liabilities that could result from the use of the vaccine.'

Rides (past and present)

Old 29-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #11800
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Steven Miles reckons 50% of international arrivals are from exemptions.....that is, they are not returning citizens or permanent residents. If that is true, it's astounding.
From yesterday.....

QLD Deputy Premier calls for tightening of international arrival exemptions

Quote:
Until a purpose-built quarantine facility for returning Australian residents and citizens is built in Queensland, the state's Deputy Premier has called on the Federal Government to be stricter with exemptions for arrivals.

The comments were made by Deputy Premier Steven Miles at today's press conference regarding the COVID-19 situation in Queensland, where it was revealed that two more locally acquired cases of the coronavirus have been detected.

The state also announced new COVID-19 restrictions today that will come into effect at 1am tonight, including mandatory mask wearing, reduced capacities in venues, and the banning of dancing.

"I think the Federal Government needs to be stricter with the exemptions they're providing to people to come here," Miles said.

"Hotel quarantine of international travellers is our single greatest source of COVID into our country and into our communities."

The Deputy Premier acknowledged that those returning to Australia are permanent residents and citizens, but stressed the current settings are putting lives at risk.

"Until the Commonwealth Government can address those concerns and certainly while we deal with this delicate situation, the Premier has indicated we will seek to reduce the number of arrivals into Queensland - that will relieve pressure on hotel quarantine," Miles said.

"But we wouldn't be in this situation, we wouldn't be reducing our number of international arrivals, if we had purpose-built facilities which could be up and running."

As such, Miles has urged the Commonwealth to support the Queensland Government's proposal to build a dedicated quarantine facility in Wellcamp which could house up to 1,000 people at a time.

Updated at 12.34pm AEST on 28 June 2021.
And today...

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...oung-c-3254699

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 29-06-2021, 01:06 PM   #11801
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s legislative anarchy. I feel a great sadness about it.
Old 29-06-2021, 01:22 PM   #11802
Trevor 57
is now there

It is good to see our Deputy Prime Minster following the rules - NOT!!!! and was fined accordingly

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...each/100251944
Old 29-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #11803
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I bet Miss Vikki had words with the Barnapapa after that! Throwing away $200!
Old 29-06-2021, 01:43 PM   #11804
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
All the manufacturers have been given indemnity.

I assume the government offering indemnity to the doctors would be due to the fact that the official guidance around a week ago was nobody in those age groups should be administered AZ, so essentially the government is encouraging the doctors to go against the health advice of the government.

The Vaccine rollout needs to be improved at all levels for those that want it, but as per usual the focus of media is hyping infections/cases we should be concentrating on hospitalisations/severe cases nation wide.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 01:51 PM   #11805
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crossed into QLD from NT on the day lockdown happened there.
Heading to townsville and just stopped for some pies and pasties only to be told lockdown happening there as of 6pm and for 3days.... bugga..... not sure what to do, felt like we were ahead of the crap, now we are sruck between 2 affected places

Edit: Bunnings in Darwin declared a hotspot....drove past there 6 or 7 times, each time considering stopping in for a brazier. So glad i kept putting it off
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 02:00 PM   #11806
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
From yesterday.....
... and a ban on dancing
That will make several fringe religious groups very happy

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 02:20 PM   #11807
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
This is excellent. If anyone claims they do not know the risks by know have got bigger problem than 1/100,000 plus of a clot. If I was younger I would jump at it rather than waiting for who knows how long for an RNA vaccine. Top up with one of them down the track.

Being upset because you cant sue someone? This is how the world should be, information from your GP, personal choice, personal responsibility.

Old 29-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #11808
HIPO
Al

Not sure how many , but have seen some medical insurance policy's, wont cover probs arising from the said jab.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 03:04 PM   #11809
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
From yesterday.....

QLD Deputy Premier calls for tightening of international arrival exemptions

And today...
This is the footage i was supposed to have linked to for today.....

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6261469385001

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 03:17 PM   #11810
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Top up with one of them down the track.
Spread your "bets".....

Mixing Astra, Pfizer shots creates better response
https://www.afr.com/companies/health...0210629-p5854q

Rides (past and present)

Old 29-06-2021, 04:31 PM   #11811
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No dancing, haha
Currently for us it feels like we are in a film or novel....but wasnt thinking Footloose.

BIL has told us theyre not allowed to sing in SA.
He never knows the words anyway
Old 29-06-2021, 04:33 PM   #11812
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So the 19yo Magnetic Island girl knew she was positive and went to market anyway??
Old 29-06-2021, 04:55 PM   #11813
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
No, no texts for me to date. I did get an email from myGov to say that my vaccination certificate was available through myGov tho.That was the day after I got the jab.
Got a text today from 'COVAXVIC' asking me to complete the Victorian Department of Health COVID-19 vaccine day-8 follow up survey.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 06:44 PM   #11814
zilo
BANNED

Had my two shots now....covid can go and get stuffed...

(for a while I guess.)

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 29-06-2021, 07:22 PM   #11815
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Crossed into QLD from NT on the day lockdown happened there.
Heading to townsville and just stopped for some pies and pasties only to be told lockdown happening there as of 6pm and for 3days.... bugga..... not sure what to do, felt like we were ahead of the crap, now we are sruck between 2 affected places

Edit: Bunnings in Darwin declared a hotspot....drove past there 6 or 7 times, each time considering stopping in for a brazier. So glad i kept putting it off
last thing we need is for this to let rip in remote communities
Old 29-06-2021, 07:33 PM   #11816
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Throwing the CHO under the bus....

Deputy Premier John Barilaro says NSW government 'lost control' of COVID-19 outbreak
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...irus/100251538

Quote:
Mr Barilaro said the government had not introduced stay-at-home orders sooner because they were following advice from NSW Health.

Rides (past and present)

Old 29-06-2021, 07:56 PM   #11817
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
last thing we need is for this to let rip in remote communities

#Jesus yes. With the health problems some of the indigenous suffer it would be a slaughter.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2021, 07:57 PM   #11818
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone at work said that will all these states locking down they might need to play the AFL grand final at the MCG
Old 29-06-2021, 08:00 PM   #11819
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Throwing the CHO under the bus....

Deputy Premier John Barilaro says NSW government 'lost control' of COVID-19 outbreak
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...irus/100251538
Has the government sacked or replaced her? otherwise I would say No.
Old 29-06-2021, 08:16 PM   #11820
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
#Jesus yes. With the health problems some of the indigenous suffer it would be a slaughter.
that would be terrible !!!
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread