Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2016, 09:35 PM   #1
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Gary Brabham found Guilty of Child rape.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-2...d-rape/7275746

Quote:
Gary Brabham, son of racing car legend, found guilty of child rape

By Dea Clark

Posted about 2 hours ago

A son of motor racing champion Jack Brabham has been found guilty of raping a six-year-old girl.

Gary Thomas Brabham, 54, was convicted in the Brisbane District Court of one count of rape and one count of the indecent treatment of a girl under the age of 12.

The offences occurred between 2003 and 2007.

The girl's mother took her daughter to police after she told her of the abuse in October 2013.

Brabham was found not guilty of another five counts of indecent treatment.

After the verdicts were handed down, the court was told Brabham had a criminal history.

Brabham followed his famous father into motor racing making a name for himself in Europe, but did not make it on the Formula One circuit after he failed to pre-qualify for the first two races of the 1990 season before quitting.

He was the first Australian to race in the Gold Coast Indy Car event.
I wonder what his priors were for.
Old 24-03-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Gary Brabham found Guilty of Child rape.

Sick fornicator..... Throw him in the prison general population and let nature take its course....

I think I'll leave it there....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2016, 11:39 PM   #3
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw his name pop up in the lists and wondered if he was related. Bugger. :/
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2016, 11:52 PM   #4
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Very disappointed. Lock him up.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2016, 12:19 PM   #5
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Shocking.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #6
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Terribly sad for the girl, and he has eroded his father's legacy.

Hope that she makes a good recovery as best she can do, and really he is just a shocking disappointing failure of a man.

Many years ago represented a girl some 14 who had been sexually abused, as legal representative of the state on her behalf, and she had more life maturity than I had as a young person of 27 years old.

Such an old head on one so young, very deep the damage these subhumans do, but also amazing strength by victims.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 25-03-2016 at 01:28 PM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2016, 05:54 PM   #7
Chopped
as in chopped

Sick and disgusting.

Poor girl
Old 26-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #8
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

His Dad can't help having a sicko as a son!
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
PHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2016, 01:13 PM   #9
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHawk View Post
His Dad can't help having a sicko as a son!
This awful crime didn't just happen, it had been going on since at least 2003. Have a read of this story, I think the Brabham family needs to explain a few things too, Gary had previously served time in Wacol for child abuse in 2009!

These grubs can not be rehabilitated, Never to be released or high velocity lead injection are the only two options.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...e6a3d31421c7bd

Gold Coast-based driver, son of Sir Jack Brabham, a serial child molestor
March 26, 2016 12:00am
Paul WestonGold Coast Bulletin

Gary Brabham outside court in Brisbane.
GARY Brabham, son of motor racing legend Sir Jack Brabham, is a serial child molester who, for years, hid his crimes behind a wall of lies.

Only his ashamed family knew the truth.

In 2009 the former Gold Coast-based international racing driver pleaded guilty to charges of indecent dealing of a child under 12 years.

Brabham managed to have his name suppressed as he served out his time in high security at Wacol jail.

On his release, in an attempt to rebuild his motor racing career, Brabham claimed to have been overseas working for large motoring companies.

“I enjoyed sports cars,” he told Racer Views.com in an interview.

“I think the thing I enjoyed most of all was testing, and I had a good reputation for it. I got to test different cars. Even Nissan used to fly me to America just to test.”

He talked up running “a few high-performance days with dad” and vowed to develop workplace health and safety initiatives to reduce company car *accidents.

But this week the sham ended when the 54-year-old was again convicted of one count of rape and six of indecent treatment of a child under 12 years. He was found not guilty of five other counts of indecent treatment.

His victims are sisters and the devastation caused by Brabham was described by family friends as “extensive”.

“It’s been nearly a nine-year ordeal for us,” said the mother. This has been a really difficult time for our family.

“It is nearly over now and the truth has come out. We’ve got sentencing in three weeks.

“It’s probably a relief the truth has come out but I just don’t know how I feel. It hasn’t really sunk in.”

Family and friends were stunned by the lack of remorse from the grey-haired, balding, former sports star as he left the Brisbane District Court for a smoke between breaks in his trial during the week.

“There is no remorse. He looks and smiles and shakes his head,” a Brabham relative said.

But they also watched as his brother Geoff bowed his head as the prosecution summed up the shocking details of the case. They saw Geoff Brabham’s wife Roseina in tears.

Outside the court, Geoff Brabham, on approaching the victim’s family was apologetic, telling them, “I’m only here because he’s my brother”. Before leaving, he placed his hand on the shoulder of a woman and told her, “Good luck”.

The jury had been shown a 2012 video of his second victim, now aged 19, telling a police officer that Brabham had touched inside her vagina as she sat on his lap wearing shorts, as he drove a car.

After one of the five separate incidents between 2003 and 2007, when the girl was aged between six and 10, she recalled sobbing after Brabham rubbed his hand on her vagina as she sat on a toy chest.

The girl’s mother took her daughter to police after the girl told her of the abuse in October, 2013. Only after the verdicts, the courtroom heard he had a “criminal history”.

His sentencing will occur in three weeks.

A friend of the family told the Gold Coast Bulletin: “He was what psychologists would call a groomer. He would set the scene up. He would groom the target into a false sense of safety.”

Brabham, with his dark-haired boyish looks, was the Aussie poster boy for the Gold Coast Indycar races in 1993-4 as our first local competitor in the American series.

He raced in Formula One and won the 1989 British Formula 3000 Championship.

Brabham did not give evidence at his trial.

Relatives and friends see him facing his biggest challenge – to acknowledge the pain of his victims.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #10
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Terribly sad for the girl, and he has eroded his father's legacy.
The child's mother reported the incident to the police in 2013. Jack passed away in 2014. Did he hear about his son's abhorrent acts before he died?

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #11
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
The child's mother reported the incident to the police in 2013. Jack passed away in 2014. Did he hear about his son's abhorrent acts before he died?
The article above posted by cheap says he pleaded guilty to charges of indecent dealing of a child under 12 years back in 2009, so I guess there is every chance he knew.

A photo speaks a thousand words.

Gary Thomas Brabham has been found guilty of the rape of a young girl as well as one count of indecent treatment of a child.

Photo from : http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...4b57bc774bf941
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #12
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Very disappointing 6 months jail for this POS !

Hopefully the DPP will appeal on this manifestly inadequate sentence.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...fd8405800567a2

THE son of motor racing legend Sir Jack Brabham will be required to serve six months in jail for raping an eight-year-old girl.

Judge Brad Farr on Friday in the District Court in Brisbane sentenced Gary Thomas Brabham, 54, to 18 months in prison, to be suspended after six months, after a jury last month found him guilty of rape and indecent treatment of a child.

“You have brought great shame upon yourself and your family,” Judge Farr said.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #13
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

That is bs. 6 months?! Should be life! No ifs or buts. Locked up for ever!
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

6 months is a concern. I wonder if there is any other victims out there. Not good.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #15
swanee
spoolin!

lock the rockspider up for life. disgusting human being (if you can call him that)

Previous Rides - 2014 Black Mica PX XLT Ranger Dual Cab 3.2 Diesel

2011 FPV GS 315 Sedan. Sunburst, manual, fully optioned. Build #165.

My 1955 Ford Thunderbird Project (A tribute to my late mother) - 1955 Thunderbird Build Thread
swanee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 04:23 PM   #16
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

My GF works with the victims, and you burn out from it. Prison has a way to deal with this sort of thing, camera's dont work and doors are forgotten to be locked. No sympathy if it is true. Dont shoot them, far too quick. Make them suffer to think of the lives they have ruined. If the family knew, they should have " outed " him and if they didnt they are just as guilty after the 1st offence as he is.
BFGasUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #17
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...viction/#page1

Quote:
Brabham loses appeal against conviction

Sarah Motherwell - AAP on September 13, 2016, 10:09 am

Brabham was sentenced in April to 18 months prison after a Brisbane District Court jury found him guilty of raping a girl, aged five or six at the time.

The sentence was suspended for six months, meaning he is due to be released in October.

Brabham had appealed against his conviction, arguing evidence about a letter the victim wrote detailing the abuse should not have been heard at trial.

The victim had testified to writing the letter to her mother in 2005, but it was no longer available when the matter went to court, and its contents were not divulged.

Brabham's legal team argued mention of the letter would have caused the jury to speculate about its contents.

But the Queensland Court of Appeal rejected that argument and found there were no issues with the way the trial was run.

Brabham's father, Sir Jack, was a three-time Formula One champion and died on the Gold Coast in 2014, aged 88.

Gary Brabham, himself, made a brief foray into Formula One in 1990 and had two starts in the Indy Car World Series in 1993 and 1994 before retiring in 1995.
Old 13-09-2016, 11:58 PM   #18
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wonder if Jack knew about this before he passed?
One of our finest touring car drivers was also one.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2016, 11:05 AM   #19
monzie

Does not matter who he is or who he is related to, he's still a low life kiddie fiddler. Put him [and others like him] in gen pop and let him be on the receiving end.
This user likes this post: