Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 15-04-2005, 03:05 PM   #61
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Wade leave it at 6000 rpm its your insurance policy..
unless you change your valve springs...
your lucky Wade at 6000 rpm....Rod, rodderz, Alex, and myself we had to do all our times on a 5850rpm limiter and its a hard cut..
are you eager to go agian?
The 5850 hard cut must suck.

Mate I'd go every week if i could but I have band rehersals every wednesday, last wednesday I wasnt jaming. next month will have a few windows to go.
Guys give me your opinions on this- 30m or so from the finish line I'm hitting the limiter in 3rd gear got 2 choices either just bounce of soft limiter for a second or change gear, after a few runs figured the limiter was the quicker option( when i did 13.8 was on limiter). Will be changing the diff to a 3.73 in the future but for now was going to get some good tyres and 16" rims (currently running 18"). Whats some of the things you guys have done to help this situation also any tyre/rim sugestions would be great.

Cheers

Wade
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 03:11 PM   #62
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
Hey Lowride, i was there for a few hours taking some photos. I think this silver XR could be yours??

Nah mine is dark grey(mercury silver) also has grill in the bottom of bumper and has boss260 bonnet decals.
As well Phantom was always at the other end of the line like 20 cars away.

Last edited by Quadcams; 15-04-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old 15-04-2005, 03:38 PM   #63
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
What time do you start racing? Iwould like to come down and have a go with all of you but i wouldn't be able to get there till after 7. What does it cost
From memory its $45 ??

You have to get in before 7 as scrutineering for your car wraps up around then. Plus they only accept the first 200 people.

Check out www.wsid.com.au for more info in case I've gotten anything wrong here.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 03:45 PM   #64
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowride260
Nah mine is dark grey(mercury silver) also has grill in the bottom of bumper and has boss260 bonnet decals.
As well Phantom was always at the other end of the line like 20 cars away.
Was that picture, this week, or last week.
Last week, I was generally behind Craig in the staging lanes. Lightning Strike, no lower grill, plates still on. Could be me.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #65
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
Last week, I was generally behind Craig in the staging lanes. Lightning Strike, no lower grill, plates still on. Could be me.
You could be right Chris I dont rember seeing a silver one.
Old 15-04-2005, 07:35 PM   #66
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Thumbs up Wsid

Looking at the filth on that purple XR8, I'm thinking that's Chris' car there behind it. It was very dirty at the 2nd last WSID meeting, not the one that just passed.
Old 15-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #67
ozzyjim

I think someone should start throwing some dates around and organise a get together, im up for it!
Im hoping for high 13's with my new headers!
Cheers
Jim
Old 15-04-2005, 10:12 PM   #68
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyjim
I think someone should start throwing some dates around and organise a get together, im up for it!
Cheers
Jim
G'day Jim,
Hope for high 13's but go for mid 13's, your car is ready for it!
Old 15-04-2005, 10:38 PM   #69
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
The 5850 hard cut must suck.

Mate I'd go every week if i could but I have band rehersals every wednesday, last wednesday I wasnt jaming. next month will have a few windows to go.
Guys give me your opinions on this- 30m or so from the finish line I'm hitting the limiter in 3rd gear got 2 choices either just bounce of soft limiter for a second or change gear, after a few runs figured the limiter was the quicker option( when i did 13.8 was on limiter). Will be changing the diff to a 3.73 in the future but for now was going to get some good tyres and 16" rims (currently running 18"). Whats some of the things you guys have done to help this situation also any tyre/rim sugestions would be great.

Cheers

Wade
Wade, before changing anything else, work on your launch, OFR Maths says if you dropped that 60 foot from 2.17 to 1.97 you would run around 13.2.
Practice practice..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 10:40 PM   #70
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Wade, before changing anything else, work on your launch, OFR Maths says if you dropped that 60 foot from 2.17 to 1.97 you would run around 13.2.
Practice practice..
SO what you are saying mark is that if you drop your 60' by .10 it will drop your ET by .30 or am I reading that wrong?

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2005, 11:06 PM   #71
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyjim
Cheers
Jim
When I went to the creek I was hoping for mid 15s, but expecting high 15s (first time there) and ended up with 15.2.

Aim for 13.5 mate!
Old 16-04-2005, 12:27 AM   #72
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
I took that photo on Wednesday the 6th.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #73
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
SO what you are saying mark is that if you drop your 60' by .10 it will drop your ET by .30 or am I reading that wrong?

Brad
if you have the MPH and have a perfect run all the way at its best, yes it will come close..
its all won and lost in that 1st 60 foot.. :eclipsee_

Last edited by SpoolMan; 16-04-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 16-04-2005, 08:18 AM   #74
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
if you have the MPH and have a perfect run all the way at its best, yes it will come close..
its all won and lost in that 1st 60 foot.. :eclipsee_
OK...let me work this out car did a 2.15 60' at Heathcote for a 13.52 however car has done a 1.80 60' therefore a difference of .35 in 60' x .30 = 1.15 drop in ET therefore a E/T IN THEORY of ........nup will never happen.....be nice though :

Quote:
Old 16-04-2005, 08:21 AM   #75
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Practice practice..
When i was comparing my 60' & ET i noticed that when my 60' dropped .2 I gained alot more than .2 on my ET. Mate i ain't stopping till I get below 13 (few more mods and practice of course- practice make perfect) did i say stop nah..! lol
You up early Mark by the way off to Autotech this morning will be interesting I think.
Old 16-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #76
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
When i was comparing my 60' & ET i noticed that when my 60' dropped .2 I gained alot more than .2 on my ET. Mate i ain't stopping till I get below 13 (few more mods and practice of course- practice make perfect) did i say stop nah..! lol
You up early Mark by the way off to Autotech this morning will be interesting I think.
Wade with your power and mods I wouldn't be surprised.....change of tyres would help get that E/T down a heap though.

Quote:
Old 16-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #77
SpoolMan

Quote:
Night shift mucks up sleep patterns.
Autotech enjoy your day, very smart man and has a good dyno as well..
Spiro was 2003 metro mechanic of the year voted by NSW motoring board.

Old 16-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #78
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
OK...let me work this out car did a 2.15 60' at Heathcote for a 13.52 however car has done a 1.80 60' therefore a difference of .35 in 60' x .30 = 1.15 drop in ET therefore a E/T IN THEORY of ........nup will never happen.....be nice though :
Good morning Brad,
When you 60' drops by .1 your ET drops less as your 60' gets better well thats what I noticed.
With my mph a good run under say 2sec 60' guessing would be around 13.4, you have a couple of mph on me at the moment.
Old 16-04-2005, 08:35 AM   #79
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wade with your power and mods I wouldn't be surprised.....change of tyres would help get that E/T down a heap though.
Mate it all goes back to the money factor bit low at the moment lol,
will be a couple of months before any more mods (that if the clutch holds out- sofar so good)
Old 16-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #80
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Mate it all goes back to the money factor bit low at the moment lol,
will be a couple of months before any more mods (that if the clutch holds out- sofar so good)
ahh yes money...know the feeling mate...think a hold has been put on my mods for a while.

By the way...congrats on the engagement.

Quote:
Old 16-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #81
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:
ahh yes money...know the feeling mate...think a hold has been put on my mods for a while.

Yep, know about that money problem. Who did you put in your to get that 13.4?, I might hire him.
Old 16-04-2005, 09:06 AM   #82
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomXR8
Yep, know about that money problem. Who did you put in your to get that 13.4?, I might hire him.
Craig ....don't think you need it mate with your PB....it was my tuner who has worked on the car since I got it....he seems to know what he's doing as he has run a 9.81 in a n/a Lancer which is the quickest in Australia. He was the one that did a 1.80 60' in my car.

He is taking it out tonight as I am on a promise with the wife

Brad

Quote:
Old 16-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #83
rodderz

All you guys will get good times, it's just a matter of getting the ideal combination of everything at the same time. I have heard a few people say that a 0.10sec reduction in the 60 foot time will result in a 0.30sec reduction in ET...supposing the gear changes etc are consistant and fast

I can agree with the money thing too.... bloody stuff too hard to come by. I think my utes had it's day and the hip pocket just cant afford to keep forking out for it!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #84
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Craig ....don't think you need it mate with your PB....it was my tuner who has worked on the car since I got it....he seems to know what he's doing as he has run a 9.81 in a n/a Lancer which is the quickest in Australia. He was the one that did a 1.80 60' in my car.

He is taking it out tonight as I am on a promise with the wife

Brad
How does that stop you from hitting the track, if your on a promise you do realize the front seats fold alll the way back. Besides there's plenty of room in the back : .
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2005, 05:43 PM   #85
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Thanks Brad
Old 16-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #86
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I can agree with the money thing too.... bloody stuff too hard to come by. I think my utes had it's day and the hip pocket just cant afford to keep forking out for it!
Them addictions are hard to just walk away from.
Old 16-04-2005, 08:20 PM   #87
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Smile

Quote:
Craig ....don't think you need it mate with your PB

Brad
Sure mate! I'm only a beginner. My car is due for a better time, I'm struggling, maybe my tuner can get it going better....Simon?
Old 16-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #88
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Sure mate! I'm only a beginner. My car is due for a better time, I'm struggling, maybe my tuner can get it going better....Simon?
If you throw me the keys i sure as hell wont say NO.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2005, 08:37 PM   #89
PhantomXR8
Now a FG XR8 in Nitro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
All you guys will get good times, it's just a matter of getting the ideal combination of everything at the same time. I have heard a few people say that a 0.10sec reduction in the 60 foot time will result in a 0.30sec reduction in ET...supposing the gear changes etc are consistant and fast

Rod,
You legend, no need to go out there again. It's yours, Rod's and Mark's times that have got us out there, you guys did the hard yards first, sit back & enjoy!
Old 16-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #90
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I have to be honost bro, seeing how many of you guys are over there with your cars enjoying your racing sometimes makes me wish i lived there and could meet you all and go racing with you all, i love drag racing, nuthing used to make me happier then firing up my ute and doing my burnout and staging and racing and then having my mates race up to tell me the time.

Phantom, i believe you have the ability to race your own car into the times i know it can run, have some more confidence in yourself my friend.

Know one knows your car like you do, i know the car has the power to do it, its upto you to just give it that little bit more and i will see that 13.1 to 13.0 pass come your way.

Keep it up mate.. Youve done me proud

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post