Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-09-2006, 10:23 AM   #1
Marshy79

Default Zetec Headlights

Hi All,

Can someone point me in the direction of a decent photo of a current shape Focus Zetec's headlights?

I wanna check them out up close to see if they'll suit the XR5

Cheers!

Marshy

Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Marshy79

OK i googled it... i dunnnnnooooooo

Anyone got a pic of a black Zetec showing the lights? (not on obviously)
Old 15-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
BlackLS

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #4
BlackLS

It should fit, what city you in?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 11:17 AM   #5
Marshy79

Oh I know they fit... just wondering how they look.

Ive got this pic (with the Xenon).. the Orange looks good but the black... i dunno.... makes it a bit too black I think.

So trying to find a Blacky with the lights so I can see.
Might have to call some Ford Dealers or something.

Oh and im from Melb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1024_3931643233396561.jpg (56.9 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by Marshy79; 15-09-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 15-09-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
Carbon_Ford
Carbon Fibre Nut

it looks good...

It will look even better with our angel eyes kit... ;)

If you are interested in that kit, let me know... going for $176.00 (GST inclusive) a kit... it has everything you need... photos soon!

cheers,

richie
Carbon_Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #7
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Geez don't ya trust me Marshy? They look much better than the standard lights - Why do you think all the other hot hatches e.g MPS, GTI, VXR, SRI and Clio sport all have black headlight casing? In fact, almost all the sport or muscle cars I can think of, have black headlight casing.

Anyway here's a few pics of mine - Although you really need to see it in the flesh to fully appreciate it.

Of course, it's personal preference at the end of the day, but for me it's a no contest.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
Marshy79

Ahh thats what i was looking for!

The pics from the WA cruise the car was too far away I couldnt see properly.
Doesnt help I use a 24inch screen and sit a fair way back from it as well.

I'll have to keep this in mind, definately.

Mine will look just like yours then!

Just need to lower it with cromies I reckon ^_^
Old 16-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #9
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy79
Ahh thats what i was looking for!

The pics from the WA cruise the car was too far away I couldnt see properly.
Doesnt help I use a 24inch screen and sit a fair way back from it as well.

I'll have to keep this in mind, definately.

Mine will look just like yours then!

Just need to lower it with cromies I reckon ^_^
chromies like.... 20's??? mine are still up for grabs if ur interested...
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #10
LUXO_8
windsor user

dont know what they'd cost but you guys need to get the xenon headlights for your xr5's.... they look awesome

the uk version are for right hand drive so "should" pretty much just be a bolt in affair
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2006, 02:19 PM   #11
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
dont know what they'd cost but you guys need to get the xenon headlights for your xr5's.... they look awesome
Unfortunately they are very expensive and you have to fit a control module also.

Hey Marshy, European Parts have got Black Angel Eyes now and they look pretty mean. They must have only just got them in.....pity coz I probably would have got them instead.
Old 16-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #12
LUXO_8
windsor user

doesnt suprise me....they'd be approx 1500 each(judging on other xenon headlights ive seen).......definatley an awesome look and awesome on road apearance
Old 17-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #13
amlohac

Real xenon lights, the ones that use an arch of electricity rather than your filiment are REALLY expensive, and also illegal unfortunatly. The ones you get in your Mazda MPS etc are a down rated xenon, they are heavily dipped and have a lower voltage, they basically arent any brighter in intencity than your stock halogens, they just have a whiter light and that cool blue tinge you get when you see it comming up the road.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #14
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlohac
Real xenon lights, the ones that use an arch of electricity rather than your filiment are REALLY expensive, and also illegal unfortunatly. The ones you get in your Mazda MPS etc are a down rated xenon, they are heavily dipped and have a lower voltage, they basically arent any brighter in intencity than your stock halogens, they just have a whiter light and that cool blue tinge you get when you see it comming up the road.
ok, can you find me where it says that they arent legal, cos thats a load of crock right there.....

also, xenon lights crap all over halogen in terms of lighting... ever driven a car with them??? i have
Old 17-09-2006, 10:58 PM   #15
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Half true amlohac. The ones you get OEM in BMW, Merc, lexus and some other jap brands are 100% xenon headlights and LEGAL. They have a much higher light output than halogens as you can see this when u drive mean them. They also very complex self leveling systems to limit glare.

Retrofitted Xenons are illegal but stock are nice and real.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2006, 11:05 PM   #16
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter

Retrofitted Xenons are illegal but stock are nice and real.
even then, i believe if you use OEM xenon parts, and its fitted professionally, they're not illegal....

currently i do have an aftermarket xenon kit, its not bad at all...not glarey... im using E36 BMW projectors in my headlights though - they seem to be well designed

i will be converting to a propper OEM retrofit as soon as funds allow...
Old 18-09-2006, 12:02 AM   #17
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
even then, i believe if you use OEM xenon parts, and its fitted professionally, they're not illegal....

currently i do have an aftermarket xenon kit, its not bad at all...not glarey... im using E36 BMW projectors in my headlights though - they seem to be well designed

i will be converting to a propper OEM retrofit as soon as funds allow...
To be 100% legal ud need to get it engineered. But no one really bothers.

The main thing to remember is that just becuase you have BMW projectors and Merc power packs doesn't mean it won't glare. They use complex self-leveling systems to stop it glaring. A bumpy road and ull be glare central to people.

If you have a focus get the xenon light you can get OEM from ford in the uk. Id go adaptive headlights myself.

Xenon lights are better in almost every possible way
Old 18-09-2006, 10:52 AM   #18
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Zetec headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
Geez don't ya trust me Marshy? They look much better than the standard lights - Why do you think all the other hot hatches e.g MPS, GTI, VXR, SRI and Clio sport all have black headlight casing? In fact, almost all the sport or muscle cars I can think of, have black headlight casing.

Anyway here's a few pics of mine - Although you really need to see it in the flesh to fully appreciate it.

Of course, it's personal preference at the end of the day, but for me it's a no contest.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA were you under attack by bushmen??
Someone give that bloke a razor in the first pic.
:
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #19
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't quote pics mitch
Old 18-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #20
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

couldnt help myself when i saw bush billy bob

Not my fault you're on dial up :P
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 11:15 PM   #21
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

i want the black casing headlights too, damn, I didn't even notice. Should I bother to ask the dealer if they can put the Zetec lights in before I pick it up?
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2006, 12:53 AM   #22
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots
i want the black casing headlights too, damn, I didn't even notice. Should I bother to ask the dealer if they can put the Zetec lights in before I pick it up?
You can ask, but Ford Oz charges $303 per headlight. You can get the pair from European Parts for just over $300. Be sure to do it either way - they look fantastic on silver cars
Old 25-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #23
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
couldnt help myself when i saw bush billy bob
Hehe...."Bush Billy Bob" is actually the owner of the very nice performance blue XR5 (with leather interior I might add) that's parked behind mine in the photo. He seemed like a good bloke too, but with a beard to put Ned Kelly to shame, I'm betting no one would have picked him as an XR5 owner. I guess it just goes to show the wide ranging appeal of these awesome machines.