Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-04-2006, 01:29 AM   #1
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Angry Nigerian Email Scam.. The Next Level

Gday all,

For all of those who know a little on the nigerian email scams.. They have now gone ebay..!

How do you know you ask?

I just experienced it.. I had a item on ebay for sale. $350 starting bid or $500 buy it now. This person bought the buy it now with many days remaining. Fair enough.. This person had just joined ebay today and has no feedback. Fair enough..

For those familiar with ebay.. When you buy something the seller will send an invoice containing a secure link to the sellers account details..

I get a reply email from the buyer saying they dont know how to use ebay and want the bank account details sent via email along with my full name and dob. WHAT THE ИИИИИИ!

The user has an australian residential address, but says they are living in the UK. I asked why the aussie address, they said they have been here before. ?? They then asked for international postage as they want to send it as a present to their pastor from church.. in which country.. you guessed it... NIGERIA...

What the hell!!!

I did not give my account details via email, but there must be some encryption software that stops these ****as from cracking into your bank account through ebay..

APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post