Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-07-2005, 12:28 AM   #1
losfp

Default New focus - cigarette lighter?

Just a quick question for anyone who has access to a new focus... I won't see our CL sedan for a number of weeks yet...

Is there a cigarette lighter in the cabin? Not because I smoke, but because I have several things that would need charging while I'm in the car - phone, iPod etc....

The reason I ask is that I was just browsing the focus section on the ford website and came across a "smokers pack" in the accessories, containing an ashtray and a lighter.. What, I ask, doesn't the car already come WITH one? Apparently not, as I couldn't find any evidence of one in the pictures of the interior that I had.

This is something I probably should have picked up while test driving, but seriously, I'd assumed that ALL cars come with a lighter... Mobile phone car chargers etc are so commonplace nowadays and all that. Looks like I might have to shell out the $42 to get it fitted :(

Now all I have to do is work out how to get my iPod's audio to the AUX input inside the glovebox while it's plugged in and charging.....

losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2005, 12:42 AM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The car comes with a plug for a mobile phone charger ready to go, under the radio at the base of the console in the small lidded compartment.

The smokers pack on it and the BA MkII Falcon also is simply the actual lighter mechanism and ashtray which are no longer included in order to save costs because very few people ever use them anyway, better to charge those few who do than lose money on the majority who don't!! Amazing what a difference something like that would make to profits I reckon! Sounds simple but probably quite effective.
Old 21-07-2005, 01:03 AM   #3
losfp

Woohoo!! Thanks zetec, that's just what I wanted to hear It wasn't 100% clear if the smokers pack included the charging/heating element as well, or simply the lighter and ashtray.

Now the next step is to work out if I can somehow route an audio cable into the glovebox without having wires hanging out of the glovebox door....
Old 21-07-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
Woohoo!! Thanks zetec, that's just what I wanted to hear It wasn't 100% clear if the smokers pack included the charging/heating element as well, or simply the lighter and ashtray.

Now the next step is to work out if I can somehow route an audio cable into the glovebox without having wires hanging out of the glovebox door....
If its anything like the LR Focus dash you can just run them behind. I have wires for my phone install going all over the place and you cannot see any of them unless you go looking inside the dash.
Old 21-07-2005, 10:59 PM   #5
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
If its anything like the LR Focus dash you can just run them behind. I have wires for my phone install going all over the place and you cannot see any of them unless you go looking inside the dash.
Yeah, I'll probably have a go at it when the car comes in.. Though for the first couple of days, I might just have wires hanging out because I'll be too busy DRIVING