Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-07-2005, 11:05 PM   #1
noshe83
Starter Motor

Default When Will I Get My Ford Focus!! :(

Man....I bought a Ford Focus LX Sedan in Black Saphhire but there is no use on it. My dealer has already pushed it back 2 more weeks! I signed the contract on the 22nd JUNE! Its really become frsutrating!

Does anyone know why its taking soooooooo long????

noshe83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 11:13 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Dealers can't get enough and simply put they each only have a very limited allocation of each model, normally they rely on other Dealers for swaps in case they don't have the one you want in their own stock. With cars this popular, they don't want to give them up easily, so you'll find the more popular models are harder to come by because nobody will relinquish them when they have more than enough customers of their own!

Simple case of supply and demand really, everyone wants one!! Fantastic for Ford to have so many excited prospects, a little less exciting while you wait but the day you pick it up, everyone will be so jealous, including us!!!!!!!!

Congrats though, good to see a spread of different models purchased and not just all Zetecs.
Old 25-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #3
losfp

Well, you'll probably get yours before I get mine!

I have a CL Sedan on order (signed up on the 9th July), and all I know is that it will be on a boat arriving "in august". That could mean 30th August :( ;)

Still waiting.. Still waiting...
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 12:06 AM   #4
WASP
Whipple Induced

I keep asking the dealer for loaner cars while I'm waiting. It's a real pain in the **** for him, but I know he's trying his best to accommodate me. Hopefully this will encouage them to get my Zetec quicker..lol

Just off topic, I'm driving a brand new CL hatch (old shape) as a loaner and for what it is, it's bloody good. I'm very impressed, what a nice and well built car.
Old 26-07-2005, 12:33 AM   #5
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Bah, i want to know when im going to get mine fixed !

*grumble*

be patient and the car will eventaully get to you, i am sure it will be worth the wait

Chris
Old 26-07-2005, 09:48 AM   #6
whippet_zetec
Supes

lol @ Chris......why dont you ask your dealer to trade your ST170 in for the NEW Zetec? see what they say then....I bet they come out with all the problems your ST170 has as they reason why they bump down your trade price...
Old 26-07-2005, 07:33 PM   #7
lincoln
Blinded

What's wrong with your ST, Chris?
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 10:19 PM   #8
noshe83
Starter Motor

Well I got a call from my dealer today. They said the car will be in within the nex 48 hours! I sure hope they are right. Has anyone received their Focus yet? If so how is it? How does it drive?

Cheers

Naush
Old 26-07-2005, 10:28 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Our dealer has ours....

Sad part is tho they cannot get NCT 5 Goodyears to go on the optional 17s till next week, so we have to wait another week!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 10:49 PM   #10
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshe83
Well I got a call from my dealer today. They said the car will be in within the nex 48 hours! I sure hope they are right. Has anyone received their Focus yet? If so how is it? How does it drive?

Cheers

Naush
Naush, you haven't test driven one yet?

Well hopefully if yours is coming in the next couple of days, maybe mine will only be 2-3 weeks away ;)

I'm going to assume ours will arrive at the END of august, and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised soon
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 10:50 PM   #11
WASP
Whipple Induced

Damn it, I'm calling my dealer!!! again!!!
Old 26-07-2005, 11:03 PM   #12
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Keep calling them lol...

Its a bit of a joke at this stage if you ask me..

Ours was suposed to be at the dealership by the 18th or thereabouts and only arrived yesturday... and now we have to wait another week for delivery as they cannot get the Goodyear NCT 5s to go on the optional rims (coz the high load rating).

We will continue to wait I guess...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #13
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Avoid the NCT5's they're crap. Get a set of Michelin Pilot Precedas or even some cheaper tyre like Nankangs. Ask Tim for his ones, I was very impressed by them.
Old 27-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #14
WASP
Whipple Induced

Well I've been told the Zetec will be here on the 11th of August. I guess they'll have it for a few more days longer to apply the tint, add accessories and apply the paint protection etc. That's only a few more weeks away.... hopefully.

I had to take back the CL Focus loaner today so I'm completely un-Focused at the moment:
Old 27-07-2005, 09:45 PM   #15
noshe83
Starter Motor

Well I am very upset at the moment. Called my dealer today and they said 2 of thier Focuses had arrived but NOT mine! They said they dont have ANY IDEA now!!! They are saying its all upto Ford when they release my car. This is really really frustrating. I am very dissapointed now. They have pushed back the car 3 weeks. They even said I might not get it before mid August! I signed my contract on the 22nd June and was promised a car by the 18th July. I think I will have to reconsider purchasing a Ford next time.

Cheers

Naush
Old 27-07-2005, 09:50 PM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yeah bit frustrating I know. Mine is not a new one but even still i had to wait for delivery until a few things were sorted. Admittedly they were things I insisted on, but it doesnt make the wait any easier.

Try to remember though that in most cases, your dealer is as frustrated and lost as you are. The simple fact of the matter is that its just supply and demand - seems like EVERYBODY wants a new Focus, which is fantastic, but there's only so many to go around at this point, and of course those with orders are going to get first priority.

The wait will all be worth it that first time you sit in the drivers seat and drive it out of the dealership.............trust me .
Old 27-07-2005, 11:40 PM   #17
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
lol @ Chris......why dont you ask your dealer to trade your ST170 in for the NEW Zetec? see what they say then....I bet they come out with all the problems your ST170 has as they reason why they bump down your trade price...
haha thats not a bad idea ;) im sure that would be very entertaining

Chris
Old 27-07-2005, 11:41 PM   #18
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
What's wrong with your ST, Chris?
The healight switch doesnt light up anymore when you turn the lights on.

Had it in for a service a couple of weeks back, they told me the symbols were painted on and have never lit up in the 1 1/2 years of owning it.

Went back the next day to prove them wrong.

Got told to book car in and the entire switch will be replaced

Booked it in arrived on the day to be told part hasnt arrived.

Nothing but an endless stream off issues with that dealership, meant to be fixed tomorrow night, but not holding my breath.

Chris
Old 28-07-2005, 01:03 AM   #19
zetec
Zoom Zoom

damn... that's not even funny it's that bad...
Old 28-07-2005, 01:13 AM   #20
Forest Bear

Join the club. Done the deal on July 19th. No estimate from dealer. Pressed them many times for a delivery time but they got idea.

I don't mind waiting. I'll wait because its a fab car. I'm not keen on the wait because my trade-in, a 2001 Astra, has 3000ks left til it's 60k service including the expensive timing belt replacement. Rego and insurance due in september too. I consider my Astra a loan car that belongs to the dealer and when the rego is up I'm returning it. :-)
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 12:04 AM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
The healight switch doesnt light up anymore when you turn the lights on.

Had it in for a service a couple of weeks back, they told me the symbols were painted on and have never lit up in the 1 1/2 years of owning it.
This is happening to my car now as well! The headlight switch doesnt light up sometimes, and other times it flickers on and off!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post