Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-07-2005, 01:30 AM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Argh, not happy.

Well for the 3rd time in the space of 2 weeks, the Focus was at Ford again today. The reason? Well, as we FINALLY found out today, the thermostat housing is cracked and leaking, allbeit at a minute rate, but still needs to be fixed.

I'm not a happy camper, it originally went in for its 45k service, they then found a gasket leaking so that had to be replaced. Fair enough. Ordered the part in - oh, turns out to the wrong one, sorry you'll have to come back another day - that's ok, everybody makes mistakes, but a call would have been nice instead of me waiting for them to call me and come and get the car.

So today was that particular day, got my loaner XR6T: and left the car with them, expecting a call at 2pm. 3pm comes, no call and Im getting worried, so I head back to the dealership to be greeted by the service manager who I had asked to have removed from my car (in other words I didnt want him or his mechs working on it). Sorted THAT little issue out (have made it very clear to all service staff that he is not to touch my car, ive seen him in action before), only to be told the 3 things that were scheduled to be fixed (seatbelt on front RHS is sagging and not staying taut - the winder mechanism in the pillar needs replacing, noisy drive belt and this leak) have not been done.

Why not? Well, turns out the gasket was stuffed, so it was replaced, but the other 2 times they had it and supposedly checked it, they failed to see the crack in the thermostat housing. So now I have to take it back AGAIN and hope that this time they open their eyes and address any other little issues that have been going on in that bay of mine for god knows how long because they havent found it beforehand! Not happy!

And to top it all off, my engine bay is FILTHY. Took that back and told them if it comes back to me like that after a service again I won't be coming back full stop. Absolutely tired of incompetent mechanics and lazy service advisors who think they cant shaft me cos Im not some 50yr old. And to think these are the same people I worked with not that long ago, and am now working with to organise the All Ford Day. What a joke.

I know I probably sound like a whinger, but when the car goes in, i do expect a certain standard of service, and for the job to be done properly. On this occasion that hasnt happened and it is costing me time and money. The only real positive of it all is borrowing that XR6T all the time!

Old 30-07-2005, 01:42 AM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

That's unfortunate. I hope it all works out.

I'll have to say I am so utterly and highly impressed with my 3 contacts with Bayfords of Campbellfield (and now at their Brand new site in Epping) for my 45,000km and also some warranty work, including my recent cat-converter replacement. Their help, no-nonsense work, superb speediness and even the car wash of an already 90% clean car that was only in for warranty work was absolutely outstanding (I think they had to remove the fron bumper or something, it was probably dirty and had to be washed lol) and I highly recommend them to anyone. Worth the trip halfway to Sydney for lol. They're on the Northern outskirts of Melbourne, not far from Head Office, hence why I go there.

I hope everything with your baby gets sorted Aust.

I still owe you a handbook too Will post if sometime before Christmas lol...
Old 30-07-2005, 01:47 AM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Thanks Matt, dont worry about the book. Im only sitting under the mailbox waiting for it every 2nd day now lol.

Glad to hear about your recent outcome with service and warranty work, sounds like your car is a real goer (get it up here in November so i can see it for real).

I have no doubt mine will work out, and I still love the car, its not its fault this is happening. Just in my current situation, money, time and stress are 3 things I dont have very much of (well, the last one I have TOO much of), and I need to get things done right first time.

Oh, on a positive note, my back window issue has been resolved. The new one should hopefully go in late next week or the week after, and it will be a genuine Ford one.
Old 30-07-2005, 01:56 AM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Bayfords hey matt?

Looks like its a trip up the hume for me. As i have a few issues to be dealt with by Ford.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 05:03 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I'll be there in November.

As for Bayfords, remember you can always have a bad experience anywhere with any car for any brand, but based on my experience, they have been very helpful, I guess the power of a bigger Dealership CAN mean they're well organised and professional, in this case it does. I can highly recommend them based on my past experiences yes. My biggest weapon is always being nice even if my car is near dead. They don't then get agressive back. Be nice to them and they'll go the extra mile for you.