Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-07-2005, 11:31 PM   #1
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

Default Looking To Buy ST170

Hi,
Am new to Oz, and to this forum.

Originally from Uk, and used to work for Ford at the R&D center, working on C307. Any Q's, please feel free to ask.

Anyway, currently have an XR6, but want to change over for an ST170 (C170). looking at the prices, do you think they're still relatively high, and that with C307 launch they'll come down ?

Not being used to the Aussie $, and advice welcome,

Cheers,
Mike

Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

C307 = New LS Focus Im assuming?
Old 15-07-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Hey Mike,

I'm currently with Ford in Marketing and Sales and loving it!! Loving the new C307 too!!

I don't think prices on ST170 are too high currently, the following search (http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Deskt...ias=carpointau) reveals prices from 25,990 to 29,990 privately (lowest) and through a dealer (highest) mind you I reckon you could knock down those Dealer used ones a few grand... some with low kays too. We only had 2003 or 2004 models here, only in 3 doors and only in Imperial Blue, no options on any of them. So as our famous founder once said, you can have any colour, as long as it's Imperial blue (well close enough!!!).

Maybe check www.drive.com.au also for some info, I think it's a separate site. You'll be looking mid to high 20's again, but considering you were looking at $37,000 RRP for full retail before on roads, most people probablypaid anywhere from $35,000-$41,000 drive-away.

Depending on the condition of the vehicle, and the potential future collectability, I personally think an ST170 for mid to high $20k's in good condition should be well worth the purchase. More than any C170 anyway. I know given a second chance I'd have waited a little longer and then got an ST170 for peanuts once Dealer started slashing them (they weren't selling too well as most people bought an XR6 for the same money)

Hope this helps, any q's just PM me for more details if you wish. Only about 160 brought into the country from memory, so they're not super easy to find, but worth it.
Old 15-07-2005, 11:43 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

C170 = Old Model Focus = LR
C307 = New Model Focus = LS
Old 17-07-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
lincoln
Blinded

I'll be looking to sell mine in the next month, if you're interested.

Ford australia haven't confirmed the new ST for this market, btw.

Oh and welcome to FF
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

How much are you selling for ?
Cheers,
Mike
Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #7
lincoln
Blinded