Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 09-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
whippet_zetec
Supes

morning pics located here.

http://www.eurofordclub.com/gallery/Todds-Cars?page=2
Old 09-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #2
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Ok, will post about the day but for now, here is the album with all the pictures (took me forever, so look at them! ;) )....

http://www.eurofordclub.com/gallery/...dcruise?page=1

Thanks for your pics too Todd, except the one of me in the disabled parking space... :togo:

Tim!!

Last edited by Timmeh; 09-04-2005 at 11:29 PM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2005, 11:49 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

some awesome shots!!
i want to thank everyone for welcoming newbies like me today!
also a big up yaself to tim who led me all the way there and back,
look foward to the next meet up
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 11:37 AM   #4
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks for another great day out. The drive home in the opposite direction was fun too! Hope our new members enjoyed the drive and the destination and also thanks to the FordLaser members.

Tim, the fine is in the mail!
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

the fine :|?
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 02:33 PM   #6
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Wink

Ok, for the long extended Tim Spec version of the day!

After I went to bed at 2am after winning a long hard battle with my printer, to print out directions on bright yellow paper (as it's all i could find) that I am sure noone used anyway, I got up at 5.30 in the morning to get the car cleaned.

Met up with Mitch_lx and after both of us almost scored a new bonnet ornament (that Magpie was so lucky!), we rolled onto the highway and into Thornleigh Maccas for breakfast and to meet some of the FordLaser guys.

After some healthy food : and some quick introductions, during which my mobile was going nuts (and unfortunately Cypher should have been one of them if we had have been a bit more organised - also the girl got a bit upset I was ignoring her as I had so much else going on!).

The cruise down to Homebush was easy enough, took a bit longer than expected, so we rolled in about quarter past 10. We soon filled that up, which got me busted with a photo of me parking in a disabled spot! :

Teki and Damian turned up soon after, so we thought we had everyone at that stage! And this is where Cypher would have been only a couple minutes behind us! : So unfortunate.

We cruised just around the corner for photos, to P6...

The sun was out with force, I got a touch red from being out in it all day. The Blue TX3 put on a small show of its acceleration, which was impressive, wish I had video of it! Homebush is a nice area to meet up, but proved really problematic when getting out of Sydney. Trying to keep 20 odd cars together on the way out proved difficult, I don't think I'll use the venue for a north bound cruise again.

Apart from the whole "Turn right into the MacDonalds" that only a third of the people took, and the very heavy traffic (first day of school holidays is bad, mmkay), once we actually got onto the road thru Galston Gorge, it was quite fun. Too bad the Porsche driver couldn't handle the pace of the Eurofords LOL. out:

At Berowra Waters, the carpark was packed!! But we did find a nice little area for photos, although none of the FordLaser guys seemed particularly interested in organising photos for themselves as a group, but that's cool. We got some great photos moments ourselves though, couldn't resist!

Lunch was good (but expensive!), always good to talk and meet new people. The drive home was great, a mini battle with WASACL up the hill on the other side of the ferry was good, but you just can't beat sheer determination - or tires that are correctly inflated! So I couldn't shake Russ at all.

As usual, sorry I didn't get a good chance to spend alot of time with everyone, hopefully next time we'll have a smaller meet car wise, with just our club, and get more of a chance to be social!

More to come next post........
Old 11-04-2005, 02:48 PM   #7
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Some personal comments:

Fast Eddie (Eddie!):
Thanks again for making the trip from the West, especially considering we did alot of traffic driving. Your continued support of the club is to be admired, and thanks also for the article on the RS2000! Did read it a few times and filed it away accordingly! Your stickers have been ordered too. And you were already parked, don't fine me for parking where I did!!! LOL!

Whippet_Zetec (Todd):
Thanks for making the effort to show up for the photos, I really appreciate it. Wish I got a chance to see you more often, the Zetec was looking brilliant, as were the stickers! Thanks for the photos mate, have a most fantastic wedding and honeymoon!

WASACL (Russ):
Thanks for making the effort to come, it is always good to see your Focus, I love it. You're great value and wish I saw you more often too. Viva the Focus!

Mitch_lx (Mitch!):
Was good cruising down with you, and also send a thanks to Kathryn too for coming along. I am glad she had fun, and the Fiesta was looking hot! Was a long first cruise for you guys, hope you come to more! Sticker has been ordered too.

RichieMK6 (Richie):
Good to meet you, sorry I didn’t get a real chance to catch up with you. I also have this sticker with me at the time, but forgot to give it to you too! We’ll sort it out anyway. Sorry the cruise was a stop start one, don’t let it turn you off coming to more, they do get better! Thanks for coming!

Pieoter (Piotr):
Thanks for coming, since you started coming, you’re the only one to come to every single cruise, without missing any! Even I missed one during my time in the NT. You’re always good value to have along, and the stereo sounded great, Wish I had more time to get photos and have a listen, next time for sure!

Teki04 (Steven):
Good to put a face to the name, the Fiesta looks fantastic. Hope you had fun, and there’ll be plenty more time to get a proper chance to talk and catch up. Again, hope to see you at more, they do get better!

MISTA FIESTA (Damian):
Again, the Fiesta looks great, stands out with its stripes. Look forward to getting to meet you more, time was a problem on this cruise for me getting a chance to talk! Hope to see you again, the blue looks great.

Cypher:
So unfortunate, I feel really bad that you drove all the way up to Sydney only to miss us by only a few minutes! Have sent you a PM, we’ll send you a sticker for your trouble, and will be coming down your way sometime soon.

Madaz_Madza_323:
Thanks for making the effort to join our forums and put in your two cents worth! It was great to see the car in the flesh, and you’re always welcome anytime. Same goes for any other FordLaser boys reading our forums!

And finally, for the Missing in Action:
lotsy (LeeAnne):
Was unfortunate you couldn’t be there, but you’re still a core part of our NSW group. You were missed, and look forward to seeing you again soon. I’ll be around to do the fog light write up soon and I really look forward to catching up! Also, the sticker has been ordered too.

Well, that’s all from me. I have to get ready for work anyway, so take it easy all, and I look forward to the next event!

Regards, Tim

Last edited by Timmeh; 11-04-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:33 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Same to you mate.... good seeing everyone in person for a change! I had heaps of fun, was good meeting you, mitch and richie for the first time... and seeing russ and damian again. Only thing i found was that the cruise was heaps short.... like.... after we got off the sydney roads and hit the twisty bends, it didnt last....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2005, 03:37 PM   #9
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Yep, fair call, it wasn't that long unfortunately. I was expecting the roads to be alot more clear of traffic alot earlier on, that was unfortunate.

The last combined cruise we had was way too long, but this one could have been longer once we got out of the traffic, to be sure.

I think one of the reasons for that was starting where we did, we won't be starting there next time. We'll start closer to the edge of Sydney and pretty much be by ourselves on the winding roads from the beginning, as we have normally done before.

Tim
Old 11-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Remember too the bigger the cruise the less fun, the slower and the easier it is to get stuck,split up or slowed down. Great stuff guys, you make me so proud!!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 12:20 PM   #11
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
we won't be starting there next time. We'll start closer to the edge of Sydney and pretty much be by ourselves on the winding roads from the beginning, as we have normally done before.

Tim
Homebush is a pretty good starting spot if you want to jump straight onto the M4 and head WEST...but who wants to go WEST? (Jokes Eddie...:P )....

To me I think the tried and tested is the better, although I am keen to organise a day trip or even overnighter to Wollongong and do a Kangaroo Valley cruise which would take in Jamberoo and Robertson, there are some fantastic bits of winding road down there.....(Would make the trip for Cypher shorter too as the Gong is a quick hop skip and jump from Canberra)...

I think a Hunter Valley cruise was also thrown up as an idea on the cruise in January we had.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea, Macquarie Pass down near robertson has some nice winding roads.... with a few overtaking parts.....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 06:00 PM   #13
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I would just like to say what an awesome time i had on Saturday. It was nice to meet all of you face to face and get to know u a little bit better in the short time we spent together. U all seem like a top bunch of blokes except for teki!!!lol

Only joking, i thank him for being two cars behind me on benelong road as i didnt know where the car park was till i saw him in the rear vision mirror turning in the side street. Cheers Mate.

Sorry for being a bit late TIM!!!

Anyways the whole day was awesome except for the bloody CRV driver going 10kms up the mountain at berowra waters, when we were leaving.

Cant wait for the next cruise where ever it might be but soon i hope!!

Thanks for everything Guys u made my day!!

Cheers

Damian :king:
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #14
Amazer

Had a Great Day Guys

for those that don't know I am Laser_the_Amazer from FL.Com and have the Dark Blue 2001 Astina.

Got a few pics to post so here they are

Enjoy and look forward to the next one if you guys don't mind having me tag along

Rob
Amazer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 04:21 AM   #15
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

Yeah it was greta t omeet u guys , sorry i left early , had a emergency to go to .Ill have my pics up on my wedpage in soon

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 04:34 AM   #16
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

im uplaod my pics now , dam dialup :( painfully slow

In development stage 2

Old 13-04-2005, 01:23 PM   #17
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Some great pictures there, Rob, that camera does a fantastic job of capturing the colours in the very harsh lighting conditions. Welcome to the forums, and you're always welcome on cruises mate.

Richie - Let us know when you get your photos up, I am on dialup too so I feel your pain!

Tim!
Old 13-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #18
Amazer

yeah it would want to for the amount of money it cost me lol

thanks for the welcome tim and look forward to the next event

Rob
Amazer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #19
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

my webpage click here for my pics , there in the photoalbum :hihi: the rest of them will be up 2morrow

In development stage 2

Last edited by RichieMK6; 13-04-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 17-04-2005, 06:15 AM   #20
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

ok all my pics are up now

In development stage 2

Old 17-04-2005, 01:28 PM   #21
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I like this photo - not sure if I can link straight to it, but I'll try!

You really got alot of photos in unusual areas, which is great, diversity is awesome!

This is also a great photo of all of us all!

Thanks for showing us your photos!

Tim
Old 17-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #22
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

just wish i didnt have dialup

In development stage 2

Old 17-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #23
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I do all my work on dialup, including all the galleries and website updates! And I wish I had broadband as well!

out:

Tim