Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-11-2021, 04:45 PM   #16801
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

^^^ I'm glad that Chantel has her own successful business to fall into when her Police career ends.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-11-2021, 05:41 PM   #16802
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
^^^ I'm glad that Chantel has her own successful business to fall into when her Police career ends.
WA Police are treated like sh.t by the govmint, they get injured on the job and there is no Workers Comp scheme, no compo?
Yes its questionable, why don't they get compo like everyone else injured on the job?

It's a bloody disgrace
Old 16-11-2021, 09:48 PM   #16803
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I often wonder if Anti Vaxxers own Cats or Dogs.....or any animals for that matter.
Old 17-11-2021, 07:04 AM   #16804
Trevor 57
is now there

Purchased my ticket for Bathurst yesterday, I am a Victorian, no questions about COVID, vaccinations or anything, which I expected
Old 17-11-2021, 07:36 AM   #16805
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

And I'm off to North Korea, VicDanistan, Melbourne Friday and have to apply for a "permit" for the privilege of being infected.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 08:15 AM   #16806
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Well I bin AZx2 and now I am booked in to be boostered by Fizzer.

How does that work?

And more importantly can my constitution handle it?

Perhaps you'd better get it as close as possible to the cake shop and RSL just in case...
4 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 09:01 AM   #16807
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Perhaps you'd better get it as close as possible to the cake shop and RSL just in case...
Bastard!
3 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 09:24 AM   #16808
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator
Still curious to know the stats on kids getting severely ill. At the end of the day, it all comes down to risk vs reward. For adults, the pay off is clear. For kids that age? Not sure yet IMHO.
The numbers are very low albeit not zero which is why the UK decided that there wasn't enough benefit to justify the (also low) risks for the under 12's.

Using the USA as an example, there have been (up to 10/11/21):

210 deaths in 0-4 year old children and 490 in the 5-18 age group so that's 700 from a total of 756,951 COVID deaths or 0.092% of all deaths and about 0.00147% of total cases.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 10:41 AM   #16809
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The numbers are very low albeit not zero which is why the UK decided that there wasn't enough benefit to justify the (also low) risks for the under 12's.

Using the USA as an example, there have been (up to 10/11/21):

210 deaths in 0-4 year old children and 490 in the 5-18 age group so that's 700 from a total of 756,951 COVID deaths or 0.092% of all deaths and about 0.00147% of total cases.
Thanks Russ. Whilst they are very low rates, the actual numbers are still higher than I had initially thought.

As for the UK, I suspect they have learnt a very valuable lesson with the swine flu jab, and is taking an overly cautious approach, the right approach for that age group IMHO.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 17-11-2021, 10:50 AM   #16810
slowsnake
Banned

It's a bit like planning a war, you have a war office, and war strategists, a big map table "Global" of course and people standing around that table moving different coloured humans with an object akin to a croupiers chip gathering stick, just moving them around from place to place on a global scale, tagging different numbers or/and letters to them, children half sized, its a war, fit and healthy are coloured white, those shot once, well they get a red dot, shot twice another red dot, plus a gold crown, those who don't get shot are coloured black, as are the dead, and those who survive? well they go home after the war..........
Old 17-11-2021, 10:56 AM   #16811
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Thanks Russ. Whilst they are very low rates, the actual numbers are still higher than I had initially thought.

As for the UK, I suspect they have learnt a very valuable lesson with the swine flu jab, and is taking an overly cautious approach, the right approach for that age group IMHO.
Globally, it's not much better. The WHO data only divides them into 0-9 and 10-19 with the former recording 4,914 of the 3.3M deaths where age data is available - about 0.194%. The 10-19 group had another 6,786 (0.206%) which made the total 11,700 or 0.355% of all deaths.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #16812
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting and "brave" media release from this legal firm on the new pandemic bill proposal. I wonder how this release will fair if there are any future class actions to be taken as a result of the new bill.

https://www.mauriceblackburn.com.au/...torians-safer/

Quote:
Statement attributable to Maurice Blackburn Lawyers CEO Jacob Varghese.

Since March 2020 we have all seen that even in a global pandemic, some privileged individuals will try to suit themselves and some powerful employers will try to do the wrong thing, putting everybody at risk.

So everyday people deserve protection from serious illness and death at work, on the roads and in the community generally – and they rightly look to the Government, the Parliament and the Courts to provide that protection. That requires strong laws and it requires that those laws be updated for the era of pandemic disease.

Many millions of people around the world have died of COVID-19. Australia has been spared the worst by the action of Governments who through a terrible trial have on the whole earned our trust and got the balance right. Ultimately the people will judge their leaders.

The amended Public Health and Wellbeing Amendment (Pandemic Management) Bill 2021 will make Victoria’s pandemic legislation better than it was before March 2020 and better than it is in many comparable jurisdictions.

The Bill provides much more accountability and transparency than has been the case over the past two years. And it rightly makes elected officials, acting on independent advice, the decision-makers over public safety. That is how a democracy should work.

The parliamentary process being adopted by the Government is the right one. It includes widespread public comment, thorough parliamentary debate, detailed scrutiny, and consideration of amendments. Victoria’s cross-bench members have a responsible record of considering this kind of matter. Undoubtedly the Bill will be the stronger for a strong process.

However, we should be very clear: if the Bill doesn’t pass, Victorians will have fewer freedoms and be less safe.

If the Bill is blocked this week, next week Victoria will need a new State of Emergency under the old laws, which give less protection against the pandemic and less protection of individual rights – or face the complete collapse of powers over vaccines and quarantine.

That is why I hope Victoria’s Parliament will pass the Bill in a workable form very soon.

Since March 2020 the Victorian community has shown great courage and common sense – and the Victorian Government has shown very determined leadership in the face of often unreasonable and sometimes opportunistic criticism throughout the pandemic. I welcome that determination.

The legal community includes professionals with a wide variety of views on the Bill. No one should suggest the profession has a single position much less that the profession as a whole opposes these measures.

Where the legal community certainly should speak as one is in our absolute commitment to a truthful public debate. Comparisons to totalitarian regimes are utterly ridiculous.

And we should be united in our absolute commitment to the rule of law and a political process completely free of violence or the threat of violence. That is how we can be safe and free.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 17-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #16813
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post

I am completely torn with this if it comes available.

Imagine having the opportunity to vaccinate and then not, and then having a death.

Clearly it is effective with adults so the theory should translate.

Perhaps the <12's have just been more locked down, or travelling less than adults?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 17-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #16814
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT November 16th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

999 new cases for Australia and 10 deaths so the CMR is 0.990%. That's the first day under 1k cases since August 27th.

222 new cases and 1 death for NZ so CMR is 0.385%.

The UK had 36,821 cases yesterday and 214 deaths for a CMR of 1.485%.

89,830 new cases in the USA yesterday and 825 deaths sees CMR at 1.633%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 255M, the last 1M in 2 days;

Iceland (227);
Laos (1,306); and
Netherlands (20,168)

.... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 17-11-2021, 01:13 PM   #16815
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC
NSW records 231 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0111 (from 0.9922) while the actual line is just below the predictive trend line.

VIC records 996 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9961 (from 0.9636) while the actual line is back aboved the predictive trend which has been changed back to a 3rd order line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 01:26 PM   #16816
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Bastard!

I'd call you a gentleman except that would make both of us liars...
6 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 03:22 PM   #16817
Hippy
Man from Ironbark

Wink Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
People who are confident in their ability to survive the virus shouldn't be penalised and prevented from going out and living their life. If you might die from it, take your own measures to protect yourself by staying locked in your own home, quit your job, get everything delivered to your door and magic up a new way to pay for it. It's not fair that the rest of society should be held back to protect you.. just let the rest of us get on with it.

^^^ Generally spoken by those who believe in their own good health instead of vaccination. Also the cause of total outrage when applied back to them in the context of vaccine mandates.
good call ,leesa ,but be aware , this way of thinking in public can , and will put you in the pidgen hole , as a free thinking person [ subversive ] ,,,

which is frowned upon...
Old 17-11-2021, 03:50 PM   #16818
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy View Post
good call ,leesa ,but be aware , this way of thinking in public can , and will put you in the pidgen hole , as a free thinking person [ subversive ] ,,,

which is frowned upon...
Sorry Hippy but I don't think that way, I was mocking those that do.

Some version of those words was used early on in the pandemic by people who didn't want their freedom inconvenienced by lockdowns because they were confident in their own health and ability to survive infection, and didn't particularly care about anyone who wasn't covered by an immune system as superior as theirs.

Pretty much the same set of words can now be spoken back to them in the context of the vaccine mandates as those people who were so confident in their immune system tend to now also be forgoing vaccination.... and they're outraged at the possibility of them being locked out and prevented from participating in society.. while the vaccinated are free to go out... despite being totally okay with basically condemning others to that same fate at the start of the pandemic.

If you read through it through twice you'll see what I mean. Once from the perspective of an antivaxxer and again from the perspective of someone who's now vaccinated.

2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 03:54 PM   #16819
hayseed

Quote:
Touche'
Old 17-11-2021, 04:03 PM   #16820
Hippy
Man from Ironbark

Why can't we have an open discussion
about freedom of personal preferences .

re ; jabs , etc , without being posts deleted ,

and being in tha bad book , by not wanting , a jab , whats tha story?.

can ya still get tha Virus , by being jabbed ... can ya pass it on ?// ,hehee
answer me that ........

why are ppl scared of no jabbed , surely if they have tha jab . they should be safe from infection ... tha mind boggles ...

wonder how long this post stays up////

Old 17-11-2021, 04:20 PM   #16821
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
good call ,leesa ,but be aware , this way of thinking in public can , and will put you in the pidgen hole , as a free thinking person [ subversive ] ,,, sandwich short of a picnic.
Amended for accuracy. By all means feel free to fly in the face of rigorously documented research and the generally held opinion of the bulk of the medical and scientific communities if you wish - that is your right - indeed, feel free to put your faith in your immune system/sheep dip/bleach/any deity you care to name/herbal remedies/sun worship/etc. etc.; but don't expect us to provide you with a platform for your fringe theories.

BTW - the post from leesa was stated from a sarcastic point of view.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 04:27 PM   #16822
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I'll answer your questions even though I'm sure you don't really want an answer but are just trolling.

Quote:
Why can't we have an open discussion
about freedom of personal preferences
Because it's my call and the purpose of this thread is to keep people informed with the current facts not fringe lunatic theories and that's all the open discussion invites.

Quote:
and being in tha bad book , by not wanting , a jab , whats tha story?.
Being in the 'bad book' as you put it simply reflects the weight of public opinion toward the anti-vax brigade.

Quote:
can ya still get tha Virus , by being jabbed ... can ya pass it on ?// ,hehee answer me that ........
hehee - what are you 7? Yes you can still get infected even double jabbed although it is a lot less likely that you will - Ive posted the research on that topic in this thread which you no doubt glossed over as more fake fact.

Quote:
wonder how long this post stays up////....
I'm going to let it stand but if you keep going in the same vein you'll get an answer very quickly.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 04:39 PM   #16823
Hippy
Man from Ironbark

no probs , was not in malice or such ,,

apologise if i offended , was not my intentions ,,

// no prob , answer as ya will ,,,
Old 17-11-2021, 04:44 PM   #16824
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Is this thread where I can post my theory about the FLAT EARTH.

I mean look at the facts.

If the world was round, planes would have to fly downwards - but they fly upwards thus proving the world is indeed flat.
4 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 04:59 PM   #16825
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
I'll answer your questions even though I'm sure you don't really want an answer but are just trolling.
QLD, and north at that. Pauline has got ya back.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 17-11-2021, 05:20 PM   #16826
Hippy
Man from Ironbark

Quote:

If the world was round, planes would have to fly downwards - but they fly upwards thus proving the world is indeed flat.
Well , when it's very dry , up here , nth of japoon .
tha crows fly backwards , ta keep tha dust out of their eyes ???

me dog tha other day in tha rain ,,went berko , wtf was that . never seen rain

walked thru a puddle . ta get a drink , from his water bowl ...
Old 17-11-2021, 05:23 PM   #16827
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:

common sense, and thats why your LHG is flat ter when laying down
Come on Down Cav
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
3 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2021, 05:28 PM   #16828
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

Terry Pratchett was way ahead of you back in the '80's with Discworld.
Old 17-11-2021, 05:57 PM   #16829
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I am completely torn with this if it comes available.

Imagine having the opportunity to vaccinate and then not, and then having a death.

Clearly it is effective with adults so the theory should translate.

Perhaps the <12's have just been more locked down, or travelling less than adults?
What's wrong with using a body weight percentile scale?
Old 17-11-2021, 05:59 PM   #16830
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Ha, and the bloody rest of Australia......
Closed Thread