Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
T.M

Default Automatic Power Windows- no more?

So I've got a 2008 LT TDCi and it went in to ford for it's 60k service, during which they reaplced the battery along with all the usual checks etc.
So the issue is now that the power windows no longer operate on the auto up fuction i.e when you go to raise the windows you have to hold the switch in the up position for the entire window travel, rather than before a quick press on the up would raise the window fully. They still work going down but not up.
Any ideas?

Also holding the lock or unlock buttons on the remote no longer do a 'all windows up' or 'all windows down' function like it used to. Scratching my head.

T.M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
DeKa

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.M View Post
So I've got a 2008 LT TDCi and it went in to ford for it's 60k service, during which they reaplced the battery along with all the usual checks etc.
So the issue is now that the power windows no longer operate on the auto up fuction i.e when you go to raise the windows you have to hold the switch in the up position for the entire window travel, rather than before a quick press on the up would raise the window fully. They still work going down but not up.
Any ideas?

Also holding the lock or unlock buttons on the remote no longer do a 'all windows up' or 'all windows down' function like it used to. Scratching my head.
Open the manual and follow the instructions. From memory it is (window by window)
Wind the window down
Wind it up but keep holding the button for 10 secs after it hits the too.
Press and hold the button to wind down, but keep holding down for 10 secs after it reaches the bottom.
Repeat for 3 other windows.
DeKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
T.M

Default Re: Automatic Power Windows- no more?

Right ok, I didn't seen anything that looked helpful in the manual but I'll give that a crack. Cheers mate
Old 23-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
rand0mn00b

yep the manual has instructions on enabling both those features
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
DeKa

I should have said global opening requires auto winding enabled (by the steps above or whatever is in your manual).
DeKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
T.M

Awesome yea I've got it sorted. Thanks for that mate