Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 14-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FGF6 4pot pads

Hi Floored /Matt
I'm after a price some pads for Brembo 4pots for the front.
Also do you recommend discs ? Just gone thru my first set of pads (10% left) in 20k travelled.
I'm not a pleased with the amount of dust from factory pads. Can you offer a range of pads & prices ?
I'm in Adelaide so freight costs also ?
Thanks in advance & also have noted your great personal service & follow up efforts.
Cheers Todd

Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FGF6 4pot pads

Matt's on holidays ?
This team has been super responsive to possible sales & seem to have an excellent back up to the product they sell.
I do NOT know Matt or anyone in this company, for what it's worth.
Money & service speaks.
Old 16-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem
Hi Floored /Matt
I'm after a price some pads for Brembo 4pots for the front.
Also do you recommend discs ? Just gone thru my first set of pads (10% left) in 20k travelled.
I'm not a pleased with the amount of dust from factory pads. Can you offer a range of pads & prices ?
I'm in Adelaide so freight costs also ?
Thanks in advance & also have noted your great personal service & follow up efforts.
Cheers Todd
Hi Todd we can help here and we offer brake pads from as low as $150 a set up to $315. Disc rotors are 32mm on the front and will have a minimum thickness of 28mm so check the thickness to see if they can be machined or not and if you need to replace them we have a range of rotors available from $600 a pair for slotted or $850 a pair for genuine. Freight for pads is $15 a set and i can quote the freight on rotors if they are needed.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
Hi Todd we can help here and we offer brake pads from as low as $150 a set up to $315. Disc rotors are 32mm on the front and will have a minimum thickness of 28mm so check the thickness to see if they can be machined or not and if you need to replace them we have a range of rotors available from $600 a pair for slotted or $850 a pair for genuine. Freight for pads is $15 a set and i can quote the freight on rotors if they are needed.
Many thanks.
Will ring to speak to you soon.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Floored
Called into Sprints to get a trany filter & gasket for my wifes BA.
They do a FG Brembo Bendix pad *#>>*# for $ 248?
Dollars are not the main concern.
Given my car is not an everyday'r dust, & braking ability is.
Can you pls give me hard numbers on 3 or 4 pads. I hope to only do 2 3 track days / year.
4pot Brembos mate front.
Ps. Why are ppl able to upgrade from stock to 6/4pots without bigger master cylinders ?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Hi Floored
Called into Sprints to get a trany filter & gasket for my wifes BA.
They do a FG Brembo Bendix pad *#>>*# for $ 248?
Dollars are not the main concern.
Given my car is not an everyday'r dust, & braking ability is.
Can you pls give me hard numbers on 3 or 4 pads. I hope to only do 2 3 track days / year.
4pot Brembos mate front.
Ps. Why are ppl able to upgrade from stock to 6/4pots without bigger master cylinders ?
That brake pad would be a SRT which may be fine but not all feedback has been good on the application. I am a bit confused are you saying you don't want dust but you want good stopping ability? sorry just confirming.
Anything you want for use with track work will have dust and the ferodo DS2500 pads will stop you and cost $300 a set and we have good street pads from $150 to $270 but will not be as good on the track.
A larger master cylinder was not needed when upgraded to the 6/4 set up as the BA on were all fitted with the fast fill master cylinders with the 1 1/4 bore front and 15/16 rear.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 17-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Matt
I ended up getting srt pads from the place where my discs were done.
Hope they are fit for purpose.
I fitted them Friday nite & went to Mallala Saturday. Bedding in proccess of 60k's total.
Wasn't enough. 3 laps into 1st session discs felt like they were warping. Used 2 more sessions ( driving like a granny ) to bed em in & towards the end of the 3rd session did some normal hard track braking. All fine under soft use but in track conditions, warp time.
Left the track in disgust before I really buggered discs. Now all bedded in I'm confidant I was right to back off & save my discs for another day. Should get another year out of these rotors.
Old 18-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Hi Matt
I ended up getting srt pads from the place where my discs were done.
Hope they are fit for purpose.
I fitted them Friday nite & went to Mallala Saturday. Bedding in proccess of 60k's total.
Wasn't enough. 3 laps into 1st session discs felt like they were warping. Used 2 more sessions ( driving like a granny ) to bed em in & towards the end of the 3rd session did some normal hard track braking. All fine under soft use but in track conditions, warp time.
Left the track in disgust before I really buggered discs. Now all bedded in I'm confidant I was right to back off & save my discs for another day. Should get another year out of these rotors.
Yeah 60km's isn't enough on some pads and it may not be warped discs but resin deposits around the slots which causes a vibration under braking. The funny thing is some pads have been known to come good (no vibration) after abit more rigorous driving. Good luck and see how you go.

Phone 02 9609 1101