Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #1
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Question Famous people you have done work for

Just interested to find out who people have worked for and how you were treated i have worked for a few and most seem to be fine although payment sometimes slow

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
WizBang
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh is all this about all i read famous people you have done and I was on to it but if it's work you are talking about and paid work at it too then I 've got notthing to share here
WizBang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
gtfpv
GT

this actually happenned a long time ago 1989. i was an apprentice doing some moonlighting as a toolmaker on the side i worked for 1 week for a spanish dude in penrith. then all of a sudden i went to work 1 night and there was another toolmaker thier working as well . he was a spaniard i think. anyhow after working with him for 1 hour i realised he couldn't machine very well . the boss came over and introduced him to me ( we were on seperate machines ) he's name was JESUS. i never got any work after that night . I WAS REPLACED BY JESUS.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:53 AM   #4
Damo
Banned

I moved Rove, when I worked as a Jockey doing home removals for Allied Pickfords (The Carefull Movers). I packed his bedroom and office, he had some err, 'interesting sh!t'.

He was a ****er.

Also did some work at some famous sex therapists practice, when I was doing builders labouring, we removed a chimney and a wall. I forget her name now though. :(
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:04 AM   #5
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
I moved Rove, when I worked as a Jockey doing home removals for Allied Pickfords (The Carefull Movers). I packed his bedroom and office, he had some err, 'interesting sh!t'.

He was a ****er.

Also did some work at some famous sex therapists practice, when I was doing builders labouring, we removed a chimney and a wall. I forget her name now though. :(
no surprises there ROVE still is a ****er . though it is good to get it clarified.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:17 AM   #6
InitialD
Low and Loud

I repaired Tina Area's Laserdisc player when I was in Yr9.. Brother inlaw's father was rewiring her house and I somehow ended up repairing her Laserdisc player.. thrilling stuff :P

Besides that... Ohh yer ROVE isnt funny anymore and is anoying.. what the..? LMAO

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:18 AM   #7
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza3710
Oh is all this about all i read famous people you have done and I was on to it but if it's work you are talking about and paid work at it too then I 've got notthing to share here
Ok, after the third read, I think I've figured out what you were trying to say (grammer buddy). Please enlighten us with your celebrity action stories! ... Although my bullsh!t detector is running off the scale :

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 02:29 AM   #8
Danny
GT4.

I've served Peter Brock, Lisa McCune, Peter Rowsthorne and Glenn Archer at my work.
Oh, and Pippa and Micheal From Home and Away ;)
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #9
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
Just interested to find out who people have worked for and how you were treated i have worked for a few and most seem to be fine although payment sometimes slow
Many years ago (although I still work for the company that bought out the company that bought out the company...) I used to repair PC's, printers and terminals onsite. I've probably lost count of how many 'famous people's' machines at work I would have fixed since ABC, SBS, Ch9 and Ch10 were my sites. No payment to me so no need to worry about chasing $$'s.

Richest would probably be Kerry Packer's PC in his office when he was working on Park St. I thought his office was pretty meagre considering he makes more money per minute than I made per year.

Funniest would probably been at JJJ when Paul, Mikey and Sandman were on the radio there. I'd say something embarrasing was printed on a printer that paper jammed and they were all milling around it when I arrived and wouldn't let me see what was written when I got it out.

Hottest, tough one.. non-celeb, a PA working in Nth Syd with a short skirt and the skimpiest g-string imaginable that had no aversion to bending over. Celeb, can't remember her name but she was a sports presenter at ABC around 92? Very pleased I got her terminal working 20 mins before she was going on air. It's not often you get hugged by a customer. ;)

Cheapest **** 'celeb' was a guy who was a lead singer of a pretty popular 80's band (won't say who it was) but I've seen him one off front a few bands since. Had a real nice house at St Ives and had a Faxswitch. It was a device that sat on the line and could detect whether it was a voice call or a fax call by the guard tones a fax generally sends down the line. We spent a good 20 hours trying to prove to him how it was working perfectly until he got a fax call in while I was standing near it and the fax machine wasn't sending guard tones so the Faxswitch had no way of knowing it was a fax machine. He demanded his money back. He didn't get it. :

Coolest place I've been was on one of the Collins subs fixing a server in there. Sod living in it though!

Still look after most of the broadcasting sites but because I go straight to the computer room now, you don't get to mingle with celebs as much.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:33 AM   #10
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

back in 1988 the construction company i worked for, operating out of Emu Plains NSW, got the contract for second fix on Kerry Packer's Elliston Station property. this place is right on the Hunter river near Scone with the Barrington tops national park overlooking it all. about once a week he and his missus would chopper in to inspect the work progress and generally he'd be happy. Kerry would take the time to have small talk with most of us whereas his missus would only talk to the site foreman.
He had presence, like you just knew when he walked into the room. i havn't come across too many people that had that.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #11
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the mid 90's I sold a PC to Peter Sterling, he was a nice guy.
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 02:30 PM   #12
loxxr6
XB in parts...

At MLC insurance I spoke Bob Hawke and the wife of the guy who took off to that spanish town (Mayorca sp?) after he ripped off Australia. Christopher and Pixie Skase I think it may have been (she was looking into his life insurance policy).

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #13
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
Ok, after the third read, I think I've figured out what you were trying to say (grammer buddy). Please enlighten us with your celebrity action stories! ... Although my bullsh!t detector is running off the scale :
haha it took me about 6........... :
Old 10-08-2005, 03:35 PM   #14
whiskieboy

Talking

I once had lunch with some chap called Geoff Polities, and he tried to steal my party pies because they had run out. Silly man, NEVER come between me an my food and yes I will bite the hand that pays me......
whiskieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #15
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

done work for lots of current and ex politicians and PMs
some total ar holes
some nice people
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #16
rodderz

Did some paving at Terry Wallaces house when he was coaching the Bulldogs

Nice bloke!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:46 PM   #17
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wendy Harmer and Gretel Killeen , both at David Jones.......both were good to deal with..

James
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #18
BlackLS

I work with most of Australia's radio and tv traaffic reporters.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #19
WeirdEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I've served Peter Brock, Lisa McCune, Peter Rowsthorne and Glenn Archer at my work.
Oh, and Pippa and Micheal From Home and Away ;)
I thought this thread was about famous people. I would rate Peter Brock as infamous but the rest, who are they anyway?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 07:22 PM   #20
EA_Bender
Hmmm Gold!!!

I've talked to Glen McGrath because we were importing a new pair of shoes the he wore when he broke some record (sorry, the memory has faded a bit....)
1990 EA Series 2 Fairmont, Low Springs and shocks, 17 x 7 Advanti Flash Mags running on Falken rubber :, EL XR8 Sway Bars, NGK Iridium Plugs, New Trip Comp, Pacemaker 4480, 2.5 system 4L ED engine with surecam

Now Sporting - OED666's 202+ RWHP engine!! :dj: fully
EA_Bender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:44 PM   #21
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
Wendy Harmer and Gretel Killeen , both at David Jones.......both were good to deal with..
I despise Wendy Harmer. I used to work a level above where 2DayFM used to broadcast in about 1990. Was having a day so stormed into the elevator to get some morning tea. Harmer jumps in the lift and down we go to ground.

I was always brought up to be a gentleman so I move aside as she's poked herself into the corner of the elevator to let her out first. I also seemed to make it to the side door first so I open it for her to let her through. She starts mumbling some obscenties under her breath while she looks at me sideways and by that time I was ready to give it to someone...

So I calmly said to her... 'I don't normally hold doors open for guys, but seeing as you're such an ugly one I thought I'd give you a break...'

Jamie (?) the guy who did Argo though, bloody champion bloke. Was a riot on Friday afternoon after work down in the bar when he was half ****ed and on a roll.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #22
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Cool

I have changed some locks for SHANE WEBCKE from the broncos.
NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:56 PM   #23
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Cheapest **** 'celeb' was a guy who was a lead singer of a pretty popular 80's band (won't say who it was) but I've seen him one off front a few bands since. Had a real nice house at St Ives and had a Faxswitch. It was a device that sat on the line and could detect whether it was a voice call or a fax call by the guard tones a fax generally sends down the line. We spent a good 20 hours trying to prove to him how it was working perfectly until he got a fax call in while I was standing near it and the fax machine wasn't sending guard tones so the Faxswitch had no way of knowing it was a fax machine. He demanded his money back. He didn't get it. :
That doesn;t happen to be Jon Stevens now was it?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #24
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

We provided a bus at the last minute's notice for the olympians involved in the closing ceremony in 2000 to take them from Homebush to the official after party at Darling Harbour.
Most of the aussie swimmers were on board, the italian mens volleyball team, assorted other athletes from various countries.
Had Grant Hackett and Kieran Perkins on board. (Don't know why he was there, but he's the only one who refused to sign anything and pushed past me to get to the door)
The italian guys took their shirts off to give to me :hihi: I think I ended up with about 6 shirts, all signed by them, 2 caps and a flag signed by the aussies, and a couple of the fluffy toys of the mascots.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 09:55 PM   #25
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

back in 99/00 Russel Crowe bought some camera gear from the camera store i worked in. wooopi do
Old 10-08-2005, 10:45 PM   #26
Mustang Dave

About 3 years ago I was doing roofing and did job a on Mr movies(Bill Collins) house at Winmalee in the mountains.

Nice house/property...Nice guy.......awsome library of books and movies.
Mustang Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 10:53 PM   #27
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
back in 99/00 Russel Crowe bought some camera gear from the camera store i worked in. wooopi do
Hope it was good quality gear, flying a camera would hurt!! :

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
BA Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 12:10 AM   #28
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Been to Jeff Kennetts,Sir Rupert Hamer dec.,Sir Eric Pearce dec,
Richard Pratt,Shane Warne,Robert DiPerdomenico (Dipper),Dermott Brereton,Geoffrey Rush, Mick Molloy,Dan Webb,Sandy Roberts,just to name a few.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 12:54 AM   #29
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
my friends dad built his pool at nana glen.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #30
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
That doesn;t happen to be Jon Stevens now was it?
I won't say who it was but it wasn't Jon Stevens... but the criteria I gave certainly fits!