Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #181
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice one, makes no difference demo or not really, you burn through 1700 ks in a couple of weeks anyway, what colour is it?
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #182
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

22k on the road, have now. I think it's a decent price,

Well done.
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #183
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
Nice one, makes no difference demo or not really, you burn through 1700 ks in a couple of weeks anyway, what colour is it?
Except they were done by multiple other people who didn't care a toss about the car and during a period when a bit of care is important.....
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 PM   #184
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
Except they were done by multiple other people who didn't care a toss about the car and during a period when a bit of care is important.....
It's not 1982? Engines are built within a lot higher tolerances than years gone by. Depending on the Engineer you speak to "running in" is not even required any more.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #185
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Won't say where I got this email but......................

Quote:

TO: ALL FORD DEALER PRINCIPALS

SUBJECT: WS FIESTA ZETEC DELAYS
The launch of the WS Fiesta has been a great success for Ford both locally and globally. Global sales have
exceeded retail forecasts and in particular, there has been a much greater demand for Zetec models than
anticipated. The large increase in Zetec orders from all markets exceeds the capacity of the European Plants
and as a result, Ford of Europe is currently unable to satisfy global demand for Zetec models.

Ford of Europe is working with suppliers to increase capacity as soon as possible. Ford of Australia has been
working closely with Ford of Europe on this issue, however there has and will be futher delays on some Zetec
units. To assist Dealers in managing customer expectations during this period we will provide Dealers with as
much information as we can regarding the forecast arrival dates of Zetec units.

A Stock Controllers News Flash (SCNF 2009/046) has also been issued with an attachment that provides
Dealers with the SIDO, Original Arrival Month and Forecast Arrival Month of delinquent April Zetec units and
also May – July units. Units that have a TBC in the Forecast Arrival column will be updated as the information
becomes available. We will also provide Dealers with an update on the issue resolution when further
information is known.

Please note, the Original Arrival Month as shown on the 'VREV' screen in VIS will not be changed to
ensure delayed vehicles are price protected in line with the original arrival assumption.

We apologise to Dealers and customers for these unexpected delays and we will continue to do everything in
our power to expedite the arrival of these units. Should you have any further queries please contact either your
Dealer Sales and Development Manager (DSDM) or Dealers Sales and Service Manager (DSSM).

Stephen Kruk
General Sales Manager
Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #186
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnealo
It's not 1982? Engines are built within a lot higher tolerances than years gone by. Depending on the Engineer you speak to "running in" is not even required any more.
So much more to "running in" than the engine.

Higher tolerances do not relate to running in the engine though.

Tolerances are actually tighter and narrower with current engines.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #187
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Quote:
Tolerances are actually tighter and narrower with current engines.
That's right. Parts are now made to fit together rather than wear together over time.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #188
oldsoftboss

Quote:
Are you talking about my wife and kids. Wasn't aware you knew them
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #189
oldsoftboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
Sorry, Sea Grey.
We originally wanted a Squeeze, but when I saw one in person, thougth the paint looked a bit washed out. Hadn't really thought about any other color, but when we test drive the grey one we both thought it was not too bad.

Dave
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #190
Zetec Dave

Apologies for my ignorance but what exactly does SIDO stand for?
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #191
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Apologies for my ignorance but what exactly does SIDO stand for?
Single Item Dealer Order. It identifies the customer order on a rolling sequence.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #192
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

I was just about to ask the same thing! So is it something that we can ask the dealer for and he SHOULD give it to us or does he HAVE to?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #193
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Zetec
I was just about to ask the same thing! So is it something that we can ask the dealer for and he SHOULD give it to us or does he HAVE to?
He SHOULD give it to you, they aren't a secret or anything.

The SIDO is what the dealer uses to track the vehicle status but you can't unless you know a Ford employee that can check it for you.

A few of the guys on here should be able to.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #194
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Ok thanks Candy, I might wait till the end of the month before I start pushing it. The dealer did tell me late May/Early June so I will give him the benefit of the doubt before I start to put up a fuss
Old 13-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #195
curik

Rang the dealer again and the salesguy confirmed that there are two zetecs sitting at Deer Park's dealer. Which means my car has finally arrived! But probably still have to wait a day or two to get the rear sensors fitted. He stated there were only 2 zetecs that arrived. The other one is a Vision auto, which hasn't got an owner yet.
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #196
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
The other one is a Vision auto, which hasn't got an owner yet.
WTF? That's what we ordered.
Old 13-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #197
curik

msnealo, did you order from either Binks Ford or Deer Park? If yes then most likely its yours!
Old 13-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #198
Zetec Dave

So only 2 Zetecs arrived? Is that referring to all Victorian dealers or just for Binks and Deer Park Ford?
I ordered a moondust silver manual Zetec. Does that mean that my car wan't on the ship then?
If thats the case then I'm really ****ed off. Will be definately calling the dealer tomorrow to find out where my car is.
Old 13-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #199
curik

Dave, they said its for Deer Park and Binks only. But worry not, as this is an indication that the shipment has arrived, so yours should be here too.
Old 13-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #200
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
msnealo, did you order from either Binks Ford or Deer Park? If yes then most likely its yours!
No, I'm in Sydney.

I ordered last month and when they told me May delivery I nearly fainted with delight (knowing that people were waiting for May delivery when ordering in Feb.).

When I got the email telling me it was delayed until July I sort of got the news I expecting when ordering. I'm still not expecting it until Aug though.
Old 14-05-2009, 12:57 AM   #201
Zetec Dave

I sure hope that those 2 zetecs weren't the only ones that arrived for Victorian orders and that mine has actually arrived and to be delivered soon. If so, then I can't wait. Just hoping they don't go slugging me the extra $500 bucks due to the price rise.

Apart from Curik I think? has anyone been advised by their dealers that they need to pay the extra $500 due to the price rise?

The other day, I finally spotted a Zetec on the road in silver driving away from Bendigo heading towards Merlbourne but the funny thing was, it was from ACT and not VIC.
Old 14-05-2009, 01:23 AM   #202
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doesn't that memo email posted on here suggest the price was to stay the original price?
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 01:55 AM   #203
Zetec Dave

Not sure to be honest and the purchase contract states something along the lines of Ford having the right to charge more to cover any increases in price rises (I be wrong though but that's how I interpret it).
In my opinion, this should never be the case and is unfair and no dealer has ever asked me to pay more despite price rises during the waiting period.
Old 14-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #204
donkeykwong
Starter Motor

the thing that makes me frustrated is that i probably only ordered my vision zetec a week or so after curik from the same dealer (3rd week of feb), but ive been told my them on monday that i have to probably wait till August for mine, and there 'may' be a price rise (so help me god I'm not paying for it, they should be giving me things for this lateness).
donkeykwong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #205
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Good for you Curik!! Lets hope some of us start to receive the same luck!
Old 14-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #206
curik

I will be picking the car up tonight or tomorrow. The manager rang and didn't turn out to be as I expected. Tried arguing and explaining the customer's point of view to the manager but he wouldn't budge. Also the prices went up on the 1st of March, therefore any price increase would be carried forward to anyone who have their cars delivered after march. He simply said either I pay the price rise or not have the car at all. This is striking.. vision, did you get contacted about the price increase too?
Old 14-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #207
donkeykwong
Starter Motor

thats a joke, stupid binks ford. hopefully by the time my car finally arrives they wouldve realised what good customer service actually is. Curik, does that mean you will have to pay extra because your stampduty would go up as well?
donkeykwong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #208
curik

well the RRP went up by 500, but after asking him to round the total cost of the car down it is 460 now. I don't pay extra stampduty, it's only like $20 (4%) for $500 anyway? Any of us who ordered in march would have been quoted the new RRP (21490 for 5 door manual)? I was quoted 20990 back when I ordered my car.
Old 14-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #209
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe if you ordered the before the price increase and once signed it's a fixed price and cannot be changed.

For those that did (also me) with the car being held up due to supplier demand can't keep up I wouldn't be paying a cent over what I signed for and nor should you. It's not our fault Ford Germany can't supply a car we ordered back in Feb.

Anyway I spoken to the DP on a number of occasion and he has not said a thing about any price rise. Guess I’ll find out in about 2 weeks this is when I've been told the car should be here.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #210
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Yeah I'm pretty sure I ordered mine in March (will check the paperwork later) so I don't think I will get the price rise. (well I kind of already did but you know what i mean!)