Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 05:54 PM   #17071
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
A federal district court in Missouri Monday issued a preliminary injunction halting the Biden administration’s vaccine mandate for health care workers in 10 states.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an interim final rule on November 5 revising the requirements Medicare- and Medicaid-certified providers have to meet in order to continue to participate in the programs. The rule would require staff at those providers to be vaccinated against COVID-19, receiving their first dose by December 6.

A coalition of ten states, led by Missouri and Nebraska, filed suit challenging the mandate. They claimed that it would exacerbate staffing shortages, particularly in rural hospitals and clinics.
so 10 states out of 51 sort an injunction to block the mandate due to staffing issues ??
i dare say if they get hit with a duty of care by a worker that contracts at work from some one not vaccinated or dies thats going to be another interesting law suit
and the rest of the 41 states are going with bidens mandate ??
im kinda thinking the states here arnt going to challenge this in the federal court as its the states mandating not the feds and well i dont think they are currently caring bout staffing levels
and being the US wasnt turned around for the anti vaxers it be interesting to see if anti vaxers here can get any traction to do similar

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
This user likes this post:
Old 03-12-2021, 07:20 PM   #17072
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
haha its been 33 here and drying up the flood water quiet nicely, I was poking some fun, Ive noticed QLD'ers have suddenly realized that they need to get the jab to hold must jobs...something that has been occurring down south for sometime. When Pauline Hansen is chanting about human rights you know something is amiss.
So a person I have been working on and off with in the Brisbane office wasn't there this week. No longer attached to the company. Had alternate views and is now seeking new horizons. That's 3 now. All QLD so far...
Old 03-12-2021, 09:25 PM   #17073
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
So a person I have been working on and off with in the Brisbane office wasn't there this week. No longer attached to the company. Had alternate ALTERNATIVE views and is now seeking new horizons. That's 3 now. All QLD so far...
Just call me the grammar Nazi
4 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2021, 09:34 PM   #17074
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I was surprised that my work colleague popped up in our team meeting this morning after about a week off work.

We asked her for a comparison between the flu and rona but she said she has never had the flu so has no basis for it.

She said that the worse part was the fatigue but officially a rona champion. Boosted by nature now

Interesting enough her son tested positive but was asymptomatic but I think the other one was positive and a bit sick for a day or two but not too bad.
3 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2021, 09:35 PM   #17075
slowsnake
Banned

First Canberra omicron detected.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...e=abc_news_web
Old 03-12-2021, 10:05 PM   #17076
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
If it is in NSW was always gonna end up in ACT.

You have to love this new variant. Just when things were looking up towards Xmas and now the frenzy is whipped up again

I'm hoping that when they have more data it will find it is no worse than Delta. That's what means anything at the end of the day and you would hope settle the premiers losing their ****.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:19 PM   #17077
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
If it is in NSW was always gonna end up in ACT.

You have to love this new variant. Just when things were looking up towards Xmas and now the frenzy is whipped up again

I'm hoping that when they have more data it will find it is no worse than Delta. That's what means anything at the end of the day and you would hope settle the premiers losing their ****.

We are due in Melbourne next weekend but I’m not leaving anything to chance this Christmas. The car is serviced and fuelled and our bags are ready at 10 minutes notice.

We all know how much Dan loves to lock down so I’m ready
3 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2021, 10:45 PM   #17078
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We are due in Melbourne next weekend but I’m not leaving anything to chance this Christmas. The car is serviced and fuelled and our bags are ready at 10 minutes notice.

We all know how much Dan loves to lock down so I’m ready
I'm hoping to get down the south coast to have a fish on my leave. I personally would not risk it going anywhere else other than the GSS

I'm waiting for data to come out and see what happens. Let's see how crazy **** can get but I think ACT and NSW won't have any issues.

On another note ACT has taken third place over QLD for total cases and the world ain't caving in
3 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2021, 01:43 AM   #17079
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
so 10 states out of 51 sort an injunction to block the mandate due to staffing issues ??
i dare say if they get hit with a duty of care by a worker that contracts at work from some one not vaccinated or dies thats going to be another interesting law suit
and the rest of the 41 states are going with bidens mandate ??
I suspect that the injunction will get overturned at some point anyway but there might be compromises like allowing rapid tests rather than the slower and more expensive PCR tests for the unvaccinated at least in the short term.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 04-12-2021, 09:07 AM   #17080
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Why Victoria is still recording hundreds more daily COVID-19 cases than NSW

Quote:
The key difference?

When Sydney left its lockdown behind on October 11, the state reported 496 new infections.

When Melbourne exited its lockdown ten days later, Victoria reported 2,189 new cases.

Since then, the seven-day average for new infections in both states has dropped, before stabilising into a plateau.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austr...edgdhp&pc=U531
Old 04-12-2021, 12:36 PM   #17081
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC
NSW records 325 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0440 (from 1.0909) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 1,365 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0236 (from 1.0533) while the actual line moves back toward the predictive trend.

Overlay…

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2021, 01:03 PM   #17082
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT December 3rd 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,540 new cases for Australia and 12 deaths so the CMR is 0.946%.

97 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.367%.

The UK had 50,573 cases yesterday and 143 deaths for a CMR of 1.401%.

157,629 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,653 deaths sees CMR at 1.622%.

Other notable points:

Global cases pass 265M, the last 1M in 1 day;
Global deaths pass 5.25M, the last 50k in 7 days;
Europe sets a new daily high with 421,904 cases;

Trinidad & Tobago (984); and
Slovakia (15,278)

.... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

South Africa moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 04-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #17083
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
So a person I have been working on and off with in the Brisbane office wasn't there this week. No longer attached to the company. Had alternate views and is now seeking new horizons. That's 3 now. All QLD so far...
Were they valued employees? Long term?

I’ll no doubt get howled down for this.. But here goes..
I seriously believe many of us have lost the plot with just how far this Covid thing has taken us as a reasonably civilised people..
It’s almost turned into class warfare!
The “us and them”..
The segregation, The “great unwashed others” that’s bestowed on people that have decided not to get jabbed.. Immediately condemned, regardless of their skills or work history... They instantly become “pariahs” and outcasted to the scrapheap.. All because they’ve got the BALLS to question!
For goodness sake.. It’s a basic human right to decide what gets injected into ones body.. Isn’t it?
To gloat or ridicule someone for standing up for THEIR beliefs, to me is not only divisive, destructive, Un-Australian (and bloody wrong)… It’s an indication of where we’re headed as a people if we don’t wake up!
For the record, I’m vaxxed… If “Joe Blow” next door ain’t… I couldn’t care less.. It’s HIS damn choice… And to consider him a lesser human being because of it, I find disgusting!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 04-12-2021, 03:44 PM   #17084
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
All because they’ve got the BALLS to question!
Everyone I've ever met that has questioned/avoided the covid vaccine, has been asking the most stupid questions, questions that either dont warrant discussion or have been answered ad infinitum.

It isnt about questioning, some people just have a chip on their shoulder about being told what to do. I'd say to those people, just grow up. Did you question the countless vaccines your kids were injected with? No.

Last edited by b0son; 04-12-2021 at 04:07 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2021, 04:07 PM   #17085
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Everyone I've ever met that has questioned the covid vaccine, has been asking the most stupid questions, questions that either dont warrant discussion or have been answered ad infinitum.

It isnt about questioning, some people just have a chip on their shoulder about being told what to do. I'd say to those people, just grow up. Did you question the countless vaccines your kids were injected with? No.
Have quite a few friends who are antivaxers. Not just the ones who will ask sensible questions, but the real nutty kinds. Think "i'm taking all my money out of the bank because Gov's next step is to stop you accessing money". Every time we head out, all they ever talk about is vaccine and government control, they can't talk about anything else anymore. And when you try change the subject, they'll start abusing you and tell you how blind you are and how you are supporting dictators. When I'm out with these people I sometimes feel psychologically segregated.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #17086
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

I seriously believe many of us have lost the plot with just how far this Covid thing has taken us as a reasonably civilised people..
The “us and them”..
The segregation, The “great unwashed others” that’s bestowed on people that have decided not to get jabbed.. Immediately condemned, regardless of their skills or work history... They instantly become “pariahs” and outcasted to the scrapheap.. All because they’ve got the BALLS to question!
For goodness sake.. It’s a basic human right to decide what gets injected into ones body.. Isn’t it?
To gloat or ridicule someone for standing up for THEIR beliefs, to me is not only divisive, destructive, Un-Australian (and bloody wrong)… It’s an indication of where we’re headed as a people if we don’t wake up!
For the record, I’m vaxxed… If “Joe Blow” next door ain’t… I couldn’t care less.. It’s HIS damn choice… And to consider him a lesser human being because of it, I find disgusting!

My view of vaccinations has changed over the last 12 months. For me I was always going to get vaxxed and due to the suppression benefits to the community I was keen to see everyone get it.

Now that we are reaching the higher vax rates, I am not worried at all about those without. Much like not wearing a seatbelt, I see it as their decision and as long as they are prepared for consequences that is fine by me.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:28 PM   #17087
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

The “us and them”..
This link always amuses me when I read comments here and what our state premiers have bestowed on the public regarding covid vaccination.

If you choose not to have it then you are ostracised for that decision.
One mighty ****ed up world we live in; thanks to our politicians.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2021, 06:38 PM   #17088
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
If you choose not to have it then you are ostracised for that decision.
Because they dont want to accept all of the consequences of their decision. They expect to receive priority care if their decision was wrong and they end up in hospital. Never mind that we have had countless people have surgeries/treatments delayed (including cancer patients waiting to start chemo) at various point throughout the pandemic.

If you dont want a vaccine, fine. But will you make that decision if for example, you can only access whatever beds are left AFTER the vaccinated or immune-compromised get theirs? I'm betting no.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:08 PM   #17089
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Published 2 days ago....missed it.

Premier hints at end to rules locking out unvaccinated
https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...02-p59e7k.html

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 04-12-2021, 07:30 PM   #17090
slowsnake
Banned

Not a bad read.....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...e=abc_news_web
Old 04-12-2021, 09:01 PM   #17091
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Thousands rally against Victorian pandemic legislation as more protesters catch COVID
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...erth/100672310
Old 04-12-2021, 09:03 PM   #17092
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:

The “us and them”..
Vaxxed vs Unvaxxed, it was men't to be...
the usual us v them, woolworths requires QR code to buy food, otherwise police are informed...
typical nothing to see here. mein kemph..
2 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2021, 09:41 PM   #17093
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Cook Islands reports its first ever case of COVID-19 in the country
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...ning/100674630
Old 04-12-2021, 10:22 PM   #17094
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
Vaxxed vs Unvaxxed, it was men't to be...
the usual us v them, woolworths requires QR code to buy food, otherwise police are informed...
typical nothing to see here. mein kemph..
Despite what we get told and the very very few incidents shown in the media, has anyone actually personally witnessed segregation being enforced in public?

Personal experience is that most don't really care, now that the "health crisis" is perceived to be over. I mentioned a few weeks ago, I spent a weekend going in and out of several shops without a mask (misunderstood the rules at the time), not one person gave me grief, even got served at the woolworths deli

I've maybe only ever had one person ask me to show my vax status, that was at the local bunnings, I was hungover as anything, looked rough as guts, the lady probably thought I had covid, so I didn't hold it against her.

Rides (past and present)

Last edited by T3rminator; 04-12-2021 at 10:30 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2021, 11:13 PM   #17095
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Because they dont want to accept all of the consequences of their decision. They expect to receive priority care if their decision was wrong and they end up in hospital. Never mind that we have had countless people have surgeries/treatments delayed (including cancer patients waiting to start chemo) at various point throughout the pandemic.

If you dont want a vaccine, fine. But will you make that decision if for example, you can only access whatever beds are left AFTER the vaccinated or immune-compromised get theirs? I'm betting no.

Do you really want to live in a society where your access to medical help is based on your lifestyle choices?

So if you’re a smoker you don’t get help? Obese? Nah, back of the queue for you….

Medical help should always be a need based system, regardless of people’s personal choices.

The only consequence from not getting the jab should be the higher risk of getting a serious case of the covids.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:27 AM   #17096
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 05-12-2021, 01:42 AM   #17097
Work Horse
Budget Racer

I'm old enough to remember the outcry when Victoria Australia was the first state in the western world to mandate the wearing of seatbelts in 1970.

All other states followed Victorias lead within 14 months, making Australia the most progressive country in the world with this vital and now obvious reform.

With hindsight the arguments against the use of seatbelts in the 1970's seem ridiculous by 2021 standards.

On the 1st of January 2016 the Victorian government introduced 'no jab no play' legislation.

The same legislation was introduced nationally within 2 years mandating children attending; childcare, kindergarten and school must show proof of vaccination against preventable diseases.

This reform increased the amount of children protected from preventable diseases.

In 2021 we still have outbreaks of preventable diseases that we could have eradicated from Australia if not for people who refuse to vaccinate their children.

Sorry I may have gone off topic...
Old 05-12-2021, 08:28 AM   #17098
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got my 2nd jab yesterday, and have a fever, chills and feel horrible. Didn't get it out of choice. Was blackmailed by my government & threatened to take my freedoms away if I didn't.

Nurse wouldn't accept that as a green light to go ahead, and made me utter the words that I wanted it done on my own accord first

Now I'm struggling to see why a healthy 41yo individual, forcefully needed to be pumped full of **** because of a respiratory illness with a 99.9% survival rate, that symptoms can be so horrifying, some people don't even know they have it, yet I'm still able to be infected by this plague, and still able to spread it. Im absolutely livid.
5 users like this post:
Old 05-12-2021, 08:53 AM   #17099
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Do you really want to live in a society where your access to medical help is based on your lifestyle choices?

So if you’re a smoker you don’t get help? Obese? Nah, back of the queue for you….

Medical help should always be a need based system, regardless of people’s personal choices.
That's an interesting point of view considering that most antivaxxers believe their (clean) lifestyle choices are the thing that will prevent them from a serious outcome once infected. Why would they need medical help if their immune system is so good it will knock out covid before it even makes them sick?

That aside... noone wants to live in that world you propose... but the need for medical care will outstrip the capacity to supply it so we will have no choice really. So far I haven't heard of a single country's medical system that has had the capacity to deal with covid patients AND other regular care like heart attacks, strokes, cancer diagnosis and treatment, etc. Those unvaccinated covid patients.... with a preventable condition.... will take a bed from someone who's had a stroke. Someone who will probably die who might otherwise have survived if they'd received medical care in time. If it wasn't given to someone else.

Medical care will be triaged and we're all lucky enough to have lived in a society where everyone eventually gets seen but now some people seem to think that it can scale significantly to cover a pandemic as well as its regular load?!
If the numbers of unvaccinated people remains high, they will eventually get sick and may need a bed. Do you really want to live in a world where maybe your mother, father, wife or brother has a car accident and can't get medical help in time because of an anti-vaxxer's life choices? there's one bed left so who does it go to?

Quote:
The only consequence from not getting the jab should be the higher risk of getting a serious case of the covids.
But that's fantasy and it won't play out like that in real life, there will be far more consequences if hospitals reach capacity. Preventing those people from receiving medical care ahead of a vaccinated person would actually be closer to that scenario that you propose, then it really would be the 'only consequence'. That's why the government is pushing so hard on this, your lifestyle choices affect other people.

Old 05-12-2021, 08:54 AM   #17100
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
Got my 2nd jab yesterday, and have a fever, chills and feel horrible. Didn't get it out of choice. Was blackmailed by my government & threatened to take my freedoms away if I didn't.

Nurse wouldn't accept that as a green light to go ahead, and made me utter the words that I wanted it done on my own accord first

Now I'm struggling to see why a healthy 41yo individual, forcefully needed to be pumped full of **** because of a respiratory illness with a 99.9% survival rate, that symptoms can be so horrifying, some people don't even know they have it, yet I'm still able to be infected by this plague, and still able to spread it. Im absolutely livid.
You'd be more livid if you had woken up in ICU next week. You'll get over it.
Closed Thread