Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2021, 07:09 PM   #1
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I did my once in a blue car search today and the LS3s are going strong, a lot in the 60-70k range.

I noticed a lot more FG-X XR8s coming up at pretty good prices too.

I want to drive my WRX into the ground and then pick up a V8 but the way it is going, these Aussie cars are just going to keep going up before that happens.
WNII Caprices are much cheaper than VFII anything LS3
It still was when I last looked not that long ago
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2021, 08:26 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
WNII Caprices are much cheaper than VFII anything LS3
It still was when I last looked not that long ago
Yep, certainly are.

I'm not sure why LWB cars are worth less than their povvo counterparts, you get more car for less money and nicer interior in exchange for looking like you drive from Melbourne CBD to Melbourne Airport for a living
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2021, 04:22 AM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

AU and B-Series ute prices continue to soften. A few relative bargains are appearing, spotted an XR6T with light tub damage for $6,5K. Bottom of the barrel is still a good thousand above this time last year.

Territories are trending similarly. LX470 Lexi, however - the beaters are $5K or more up on 12 months’ hindsight. Australia remains very much in the grip of an SUV passion.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 12:00 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Dipping in and out of an online Pickles (Sydney) auction this morning. Not a lot of enthusiasm at the starting prices, a blue Kruger is seeing some movement from $6K opening bid, and clearly a couple of people want a white E-Klasse.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post