Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:04 PM   #181
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlelarbra5212 View Post
Yeah that's what I need. Do you know what they are called or where to get them?
Door window frame moulding is what they are called. You get them from your local Ford dealer but I can get them at a discounted rate for forum members.
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2021, 09:06 PM   #182
candlelarbra5212
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Door window frame moulding is what they are called. You get them from your local Ford dealer but I can get them at a discounted rate for forum members.

Excellent, how do I go about getting a price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
candlelarbra5212 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2021, 09:13 PM   #183
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Go and make a Coffee, GT will have it for you shortly
Old 07-03-2021, 10:50 PM   #184
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RHF Frame Mould: $220
LHF Frame Mould: $130
RHR Frame Mould: $210
LHR Frame Mould: $200

RHF Top Door Mould: $130
LHF Top Door Mould: $150
RHR Top Door Mould: $160
LHR Top Door Mould: $160

Postage on top of that if required, number of pieces and size along with post code will determine postage cost.

Cheers,
GT
Old 10-03-2021, 11:45 AM   #185
excopau

Would you have the auto dim switch number for fgx as the fg series 2 one is obsolete now.
excopau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 01:44 PM   #186
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by excopau View Post
Would you have the auto dim switch number for fgx as the fg series 2 one is obsolete now.
Are you referring to the blinker/wiper combination switch on the steering column or the sun load sensor in the middle of the dash that changes the lights from night to day mode?
Old 10-03-2021, 03:10 PM   #187
sr71

Hi GT
Would you mind explaining (or showing) the difference between the 2 FGX Front Bar Covers available. From a previous post of yours, the parts are:
ER2Z 17C831 AF (Falcon/XR 14OCT’14 to end of production)
ER2Z 17D957 CB (Turbo XR6 & XR8 from 1OCT’16).
Are they the same price, and both still available?
Thanks very much
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 03:24 PM   #188
Dingo
Ford T3 Partsologist

G'day GT

are you able to please convert this Tickford Eng Number: 8422-6C095-AA to a Ford Part Number.

thanx Dingo

2002 Blueprint T3 TE50 Manual Koni Suspension # 161

T-Series Club of Australia - www.tseriesclub.org

Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 03:44 PM   #189
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71 View Post
Hi GT
Would you mind explaining (or showing) the difference between the 2 FGX Front Bar Covers available. From a previous post of yours, the parts are:
ER2Z 17C831 AF (Falcon/XR 14OCT’14 to end of production)
ER2Z 17D957 CB (Turbo XR6 & XR8 from 1OCT’16).
Are they the same price, and both still available?
Thanks very much
Hi,

Below are the two images from the catalogue for both bars, it may be hard to see the actual difference, but you will find the AF is the XR bar which as a shell I think its the same but the grills and moulds are different colour to the turbo and V8 one. Different prices, the AF is around $400 and the CB $580, both still available from what I can see.

AF

FGX Front Bumper.JPG

CB

FGX Front Bumper CB.JPG

Maybe google some images to see the difference between the two in real images?

FGX XR6.JPG

FGX Turbo.JPG
This user likes this post:
Old 10-03-2021, 03:54 PM   #190
sr71

Thanks very much GT. I wondered about the grille surround colour, but just thought it was effects of different lighting.
I appreciate your quick response. Thanks again.
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2021, 04:10 PM   #191
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
G'day GT

are you able to please convert this Tickford Eng Number: 8422-6C095-AA to a Ford Part Number.

thanx Dingo
Hey Dingo,

Sorry no good, comes up as unknown.

This happens a lot with Tickford/FPV vehicles as the parts were supplied to Ford by them as a service part number so the engineering part number is not in the Ford system as such.

GT
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2021, 12:53 PM   #192
bb_zetec

G'Day GT,

excopau was referring to the sun load sensor in the middle of the dash that changes the lights from night to day mode?

Apparently for the FG/FG2 this is obsolete now from Ford and we were wondering if the FGX one will fit...perhaps not?

The FG Part# we have is BA19E663A

Cheers

BB

1966 Mustang Convertible - Wimbledon White
- 289ci Windsor - C4 Auto - Power Hydraulic Roof / Factory AC

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
- 2009 LV Focus Zetec 5sp Manual - Black Sapphire
bb_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2021, 03:23 PM   #193
excopau

Thanks bb_zetec
excopau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2021, 06:33 PM   #194
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_zetec View Post
G'Day GT,

excopau was referring to the sun load sensor in the middle of the dash that changes the lights from night to day mode?

Apparently for the FG/FG2 this is obsolete now from Ford and we were wondering if the FGX one will fit...perhaps not?

The FG Part# we have is BA19E663A

Cheers

BB
Hi BB,

FGX also utilizes BA19E663A and are all gone as you say. Obsolete and no NOS from what I can see.

GT
Old 11-03-2021, 07:34 PM   #195
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

This is likely compatible noting the similar part number https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-For...UAAOSwTwtfq9z6 and https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-For...YAAOSw9DNgLZuf and https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-For...UAAOSwyDNdt8gm etc
Old 12-03-2021, 11:50 AM   #196
Qwerty69
Starter Motor

Hi GT -

Looking to source sunvisors, their clips, vanity lights, sunglasses holder and map lights, and centre roof lights plus handles from an FGX in shadow grey.

Are these still available?

Thanks!
Qwerty69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2021, 12:07 PM   #197
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty69 View Post
Hi GT -

Looking to source sunvisors, their clips, vanity lights, sunglasses holder and map lights, and centre roof lights plus handles from an FGX in shadow grey.

Are these still available?

Thanks!
Hi Qwerty,

Have a look at the images below and tell me part ID numbers for a start and we will take it from there. That way i know for sure what you want.

FGX Roof Lining Visors.JPG

FGX Roof Console.JPG

Cheers,
GT
Old 12-03-2021, 03:20 PM   #198
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Message sent thanks.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2021, 07:28 PM   #199
bb_zetec

Quote:
Hi BB,

FGX also utilizes BA19E663A and are all gone as you say. Obsolete and no NOS from what I can see.

GT
Thanks for that GT...much appreciated.

At least we know now they are NLA.

Previous Fords:
- 2012 FGII XR6 Manual Ute - Kinetic - 1984 XF Fairmont Ghia - Olympic Gold - 1987 XF S Pak - White- 1994 ED Falcon Classic V8 - Polynesian Green - 1999 AU1 Falcon S - Hot Chilli Red
Old 12-03-2021, 07:30 PM   #200
bb_zetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
You might be right there Blue....looks like we have to try and source 2nd hand if we ever need them.

I wonder if this part fails often hence there are none left?

Previous Fords:
Old 13-03-2021, 07:46 PM   #201
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I have just ordered this sunload sensor from ebay USA https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-For...UAAOSwyDNdt8gm I will let you know here how it goes compatibility wise. I will also test it and pull the old one apart to see what light dependent resistor or similar component it uses. EDIT: Damnation just found it cheaper here: https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...-19e663-a.html AU$85.15 including shipping. Ended up being able to get it there i.e. FordPartsGiant as I was still waiting for a shipping quote from the ebay seller.

Last edited by aussiblue; 13-03-2021 at 08:08 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2021, 10:38 AM   #202
bb_zetec

Thanks for your efforts Blue.

Looks like we will need to do this sort of thing to keep our cars going forward once parts become obsolete.

GMH parts are also facing the same fate with stocks depleting and no replacements available anymore. The companies that made these parts must no longer be able to do or not have the need to make any more.

Previous Fords:
Old 18-03-2021, 09:10 AM   #203
bforrester
xr8

hi my dad is looking for the inner foam for the right front door the part that goes between the door and the door trim im having trouble finding them i was wondering if you know if you can still get them
thanks
Old 18-03-2021, 10:24 AM   #204
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bforrester View Post
hi my dad is looking for the inner foam for the right front door the part that goes between the door and the door trim im having trouble finding them i was wondering if you know if you can still get them
thanks
GTLEGEND really is a Legend, however he isn't a crystal ball reader so a Vehicle type and year would be most helpful.
Old 18-03-2021, 01:54 PM   #205
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
thanks
If this is for a B series car, I'd also be interested in finding out if they're still available

Linz's 2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute

2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2021, 03:41 PM   #206
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
thanks
BA XR8 ute under the message if that's what your asking for?

They are not available new anymore. You will need to try eBay or the alike or a Ford wrecker. I can suggest some places in Sydney if need be?
Old 18-03-2021, 04:47 PM   #207
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I probably already know the answer GTLEGEND but no harm in asking, are genuine leads and coil packs available for the AUII XR8 ?.

Cheers.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2021, 06:24 PM   #208
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
I probably already know the answer GTLEGEND but no harm in asking, are genuine leads and coil packs available for the AUII XR8 ?.

Cheers.
Coil pack you need 2 of 7U2Z12029B which are obsolete here, but you can still find in the US. You can aftermarket Bosch units though:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NOS-OEM-...4AAOSwY4Nep0zD

Leads also no longer available. They came in two sets, 1-4 XR2E12280AC and 5-8 XR2E12281AC.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-03-2021, 09:13 PM   #209
bforrester
xr8

Quote:
BA XR8 ute under the message if that's what your asking for?

They are not available new anymore. You will need to try eBay or the alike or a Ford wrecker. I can suggest some places in Sydney if need be?
hi sorry about that early morning was half asleep when typing the message
it is for a 2005 ba xr8 sedan that would be appreciated if you could i’m not even sure what they are called
thanks
Old 18-03-2021, 11:26 PM   #210
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hi sorry about that early morning was half asleep when typing the message
it is for a 2005 ba xr8 sedan that would be appreciated if you could i’m not even sure what they are called
thanks
The catalogue has them described as Water Splash Shields. If its any help the RHF had a part number of BAF237A04B for a vehicle built after 1/1/2005 and the LHF BAF237A05B. Earlier BA's had a different part number being they are the same as I just mentioned but ended in a A not a B as a suffix for vehicles built between 1/7/2002 and 31/12/2004.

Try these places in Sydney:

http://www.fairfordspares.com/

https://www.facebook.com/mrfordsparesptyltd/

GT