Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-04-2021, 09:14 AM   #1
Barry_T
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo Diesel Stalling & Turning Off

Hi there

My 2014 diesel auto Mondeo hatch 121000km has 2 problems:

1. It's stalled a couple of times
2. While driving 45km it turns off. Scared the @#$% out of me.

Dash tells me C41668
Wondering if a reset will fix?

Any ideas

Thanks
Barry
Barry_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2021, 11:31 AM   #2
alfamale87
Starter Motor

Default Re: Mondeo Diesel Stalling & Turning Off

Hi Barry,
Have a look around on a few other forums.
Sounds ABS related
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/p...x.htm?t=106905
Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-J810Y using Tapatalk
alfamale87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2021, 01:41 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Does it have auto stop functionality where it turns itself off at the lights when you are idling?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2021, 02:57 PM   #4
Barry_T
Starter Motor

No it doesn't have that.
Barry_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2021, 10:15 AM   #5
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

With what I've learned, I'd be inclined to replace the Crank Angle Sensor, it's easy to do and it's cheap enough to not think twice about it. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't just go shot gunning parts willy nilly, but I've had stalling issues since 2014 and it's been sporadic, even to the point of not happening for a year but it has still occurred, hopefully, finally it has been rectified for good since changing the sensor..

The error seems to be flagged from the ABS Module, however it's not the Module at fault rather something else the Module relies on to operate. What you need to diagnose (which can be very difficult) is whether the stall event caused the Module to falsely flag the error, or an ABS related system caused the fault and subsequent stall, to which I find it improbable for a brake system to stop an engine. If not the ABS related system then what caused the stall event, a GEM electrical issue or more, there's several potential candidates than can do that, which suck...

Good luck Barry T, for all the issues I've had (which really came down to one) I like the Mondeo TDCi very much. Wish I had a Titanium available when I bought it.
Old 13-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #6
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are going to attempt DIY repairs you need the right tools, FORSCAN is the first stop. Plenty of info on the web.

Your dash code means a vehicle dynamics issue, could be steering angle sensor ABS etc, best place to start is FS.

No particular experience with your issue though.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post