Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Default EMAIL SCAM! see if we can scam them back!

hey the dickeads are up to it again... i just got this email,
FROM THE DESK OF Mr DENNIS.D. UKOH.(B.sc,&P.hd)
Omega Trust Bank Nig. Plc.
Plot 92/94 Adeniyi Jones Avenue Suite 80,
Ikeja Lagos.
Cell:+234-1-765-3967.

E-mail: den_ukoh09@yahoo.com

ATTENTION: Friend,

My Name is DEN UKOH an accountant with the Bank and the account officer to late ENGINEER (Bryan Wojtowicz), a National of your country, who was a contractor with the DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS.On January 31, 2000 , my client, his wife, and two children were involved in a crash with the Kenya Airways flight with registration number 5Y-BEN which departed Nairobi to destination Lagos. All the family died in this fatal air crash on January 31.Since then I have made several inquiries to your embassy to locate any of my client's extended Relatives, which proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family, hence I contacted you.

I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the money and property left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where some huge deposits were lodged, particularly the OMEGA TRUST BANK NIG. PLC. The deceased had an account valued at ($9.1 million U.S Dollars) in this bank.
However, as the ACCOUNTS MANAGER to the deceased, the bank has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confiscated. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for some time now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased,

With your cooperation, therefore, the proceeds of this account valued at ($9.1 million US Dollars) can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money in the ratio of 45% to me and 45% to you, 5% for any charity organization of your choice, in your country, while 5% will be for unforeseen expenses we might incur in this transaction.
An attorney will be contracted to help us revalidate and notarize all the necessary legal documents that will be used to back up our claims.

All I need is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal through.I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you and I from any breach of the law.

I will appreciate some measure of confidentiality till we finish the transaction, because of my position in the bank.

Yours Sincerely,

DEN UKOH.

So naturaly i sent back this one ;) how dumb

Hello Den,
Well, must be my lucky day! first my wife has a beutiful baby boy and now this! I see what has happened and although a terrible tradgedy has occured I cannot pass up such an oppurtunity to give my baby child the life he deserves.
However how do i know that you are legitimate Mr Uko? I will cooperate if you let me know what it is that you need. The only problem is that i am going to Hobart on my Yacht as of 4th of Feburary and will not have Phone reception for a couple weeks, internet is avalible occasionaly when we are in view of the coastline.
Yours sincerly,
Cleveland Al'miteigh

notice my name is cleveland ALL MIGHTY! hehe and as if i would go yacht sailing 5 days after having a baby! gotta be dumb to believe this shizza

Old 29-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

the computer that automatically generates these will have a melt down now. shame on you!
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

There is an entire site dedicated to this kind of stuff.

http://www.419eater.com/
Old 29-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
Kryton

give or take a few minor details, i got the same email a few months ago. i made a thread about it here as well if you feel like searching for it..
EDIT: heres the one i got: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ighlight=Email
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
Falchoon

Here are some spam lists you can add his email to - http://www.toastedspam.com/freespamlist
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #6
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchoon
Here are some spam lists you can add his email to - http://www.toastedspam.com/freespamlist
awesome!!!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 12:07 AM   #7
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

be careful with these guys. they might come across as being a bit thick, but they are truly ruthless. if they have any friends in Perth and find out who you are, they will not hesitate to intorduce you to a whole new world of pain. on the other hand, have a look at 419eater and have a laugh.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 12:26 AM   #8
botch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha, i got a similar one, but in my case it was directed diretly at limo / car operators with CAR SERVICE in the title, and as i take bookings from all over the world, and they had dates and info which sounded legit, I emailed back asking for more information, gave them a qoute that they were happy with, asked for more info which they supplied, some 4 emails later, i googled his business and phone number and found that someone else had listed this spam on a limo forum in the U.S , at least im not the only sucker that fell for it !

here is the 4: 4: 4: 4:

Sir/Madam,

Based on a colleagues recommendation,i require your Limo services for four of my new employees.This will last
till the end of their three weeks training programme.They have a full schedule
of appointments and a little sightseeing excursions.They will be arriving on
14th of November,2006.

Let me know the total cost for this.I will email my credit card info to you
for payment.

DR.JEFFERSON WHITE,
D & D
Bjeffs white & co
50 Argyle Street
G2 8LG,
Glasgow,
SCOTLAND .
Phone:+447 031 842 884
Fax:+447 876 843 164
Email: bjeffsholdings@yahoo.gr
botch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
Focussed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

keep us posted Tiapan.
sounds like a laugh!
Focussed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Geez you would have thought a big wig at a bank like that wouldnt have to use a Yahoo email address?? Lol.

Getting a few SPAMs in the inbox you sent that email from??
Old 30-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #11
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Damn these things are funny. I'd love to be the cop that heard sopmeone complain they got defrauded whilst trying to defraud a bank! Suckers!
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post