Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

Default How to upload a webpage

Hi all...

I hope this is the right place to ask this - ( if not please feel free to move it )

However, I spent the last month designing my first web page to promote my brothers business, using the ''Web Easy'' program I brought.

After all the hard work, the only obstacle I have now is how to upload it onto the web.

If anyone can give me a description on how to do this - I will be much appreciative.

Thank you.

Old 14-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How to upload a webpage

It appears there are two options mate, one which is hosted by Web Easy and the other which is hosted by website hosting companies. Have a look at -
http://webeasy.avanquest.com/UK/feat...ick-publishing

Looks like Web Easy creates all the html/css for a static website, typically you would 'FTP' all these files up to a hosting companies servers, without looking I would expect Web Easy has some sort of built in FTP built in. Probably allowing you to provide an FTP server name, username/password and it pushes it up.

Here's a link to iinets web hosting as an example -
http://www.iinet.net.au/business/med...s/web-hosting/
I'd say the #$16/month would do the job.

There are many web hosting companies, cheaper than the above too. Do a bit of googling for web hosting and if you see something of interest, PM me and I will check it out.

The other thing you need to do is register a domain name, try somewhere like Netregistry or GoDaddy, the latter I think do web hosting too,

Finally, you have to link the domain to the website via a DNS service (Netregistry, iinet, Godaddy provide this too). The web hosting company will provide you with an IP address which is used in the DNS service.

Might sound a bit complicated, but in reality its only an hours work if you know what your doing. Let me know if you need help.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try www.wix.com or www.weebly.com for a SaaS approach. No code, free, easy to use. Free hosting too. Create an account, select a template for your web page, add content including text and images to your web page, publish your web page.

I helped some non techies recently create a web page. We even plugged in a simple online store using paypal.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wix, weebly, Wordpress (the most popular) etc aren't bad choices at all. However, if you want your own domain name you typically have to upgrade and start paying $$'s too.

Wix places ads on free hosted sites as well -
http://www.wix.com/upgrade/website

Great for personal sites but if I ran a business, I would want my own domain and not have other companies ads displayed on my page unless of course, I was making money from them

The OP would also have to create the site from scratch too, generally not a big deal though and the bonus is they are effectively CMS's, allows you to add/update/edit/delete content on the website online without the need to install software such as Web Easy.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
CJR09
RPO 77

I did my business website with weebly - I purchased the domain name separately for about $100 for 12 month subscription - they then link my domain name to weebly website cloaking the weebly address - easy as, whatever domain registration provider you use for this should have a support crew that can do this for you as they did for me

do you not get a domain registration when purchasing the "web easy"?

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post