Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2021, 08:00 PM   #15361
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
So under what conditions can we be expected to buy and use this?

If its for work, then I would expect work to pay for it. If its for events, then I would expect that the tests would be in the price of the ticket, and the test will be administered by event officials?

$10 to $110 is a big range. I'm assuming $10 has a bigger margin of error, which is not what you'd want if you have paid big bucks to attend an event.
and theres the catch
no ones going to pay to go to work and the companies arnt goint to pay it to have you heck they dont want to do pay rises as it is
as for events $100 event going to be $210 wonder how that will affect sales
might as well stay in lock down i mean unemployed at home doing nothing fun

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 28-09-2021, 09:20 PM   #15362
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Like all unions they are now pretty irrelevent.There are many more non union workers than union members now in most industries
Unions were and are a very relevant part of Australia's history, and a lot is owed to those members who would strike for better safety and pay, in fact conditions overall, you would still be working 4 hrs every Saturday morning on single pay rate, how would you like that!

A 44 hr standard week, even in the 70's my minesite workmates died on the job, no stop work, just keep going, and every company paymaster would have a box for the dead workers family at the pay window, you don't realise what you have now is what blokes like me got for you, and the men before me gave me a 40 hr working week, get real, you're talking nonsense

PS:- There are less Union members now because today's pampered little girls blouses workers have fallen into a stagnant stasis, complacency!

PPS:-Closed shops are a problem not construction workers!
Cheers BillyD

Last edited by slowsnake; 28-09-2021 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Add PS
Old 28-09-2021, 09:25 PM   #15363
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
VIC records 867 cases in the current period (another record high) and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0553 (from 1.0370) while the actual line is back level with the predictive trend.

Russ, you may want to adjust the Vic case figures in the graph for yesterday and the day before that. (26th & 27th).

Due to a "technical error" there were actually an extra 149 cases that did not get reported in the Government's daily figures for those days.

4 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2021, 10:13 PM   #15364
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Latrobe City (actually a LGA including the towns of Morwell, Traralgon, Churchill and Moe) to go into a 7 day lockdown as of midnight tonight. This comes after 14 cases were reported today and another 4 cases to be reported tomorrow. Same rules as metro Melbourne, sans the curfew.

Lucky I was wfh this week anyway.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
This user likes this post:
Old 28-09-2021, 10:16 PM   #15365
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
That will be the crux once we start to open up. If it keeps at the current percentages here then between 4-7% of cases will be hospitalised and between 0.5-1.4% see the inside of an ICU with between 0.5% and 0.7% dying.

Those figures should be lower at 80% vax rates but just how much lower is up for debate given that other 80% countries like the UK (0.32%), Israel (0.43%) and Florida (1.5%) - albeit the latter with a much higher average age population, are still not a whole lot lower.

Then it's just a matter of how many cases we see.
Russ, it may have been asked before but do you have figures for flu deaths on the 2 to 3 years in Australia before Covid hit ?
Old 28-09-2021, 10:32 PM   #15366
zilo
BANNED

My brothers mother in law has just developed mini strokes after taking the Astrazenica vaccine....

she is 74 years old and was in perfect health prior to being vaccinated.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
2 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2021, 11:21 PM   #15367
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Russ, it may have been asked before but do you have figures for flu deaths on the 2 to 3 years in Australia before Covid hit ?
Here you go:

4 users like this post:
Old 28-09-2021, 11:44 PM   #15368
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Unions were and are a very relevant part of Australia's history, and a lot is owed to those members who would strike for better safety and pay, in fact conditions overall, you would still be working 4 hrs every Saturday morning on single pay rate, how would you like that!

A 44 hr standard week, even in the 70's my minesite workmates died on the job, no stop work, just keep going, and every company paymaster would have a box for the dead workers family at the pay window, you don't realise what you have now is what blokes like me got for you, and the men before me gave me a 40 hr working week, get real, you're talking nonsense

PS:- There are less Union members now because today's pampered little girls blouses workers have fallen into a stagnant stasis, complacency!

PPS:-Closed shops are a problem not construction workers!
Cheers BillyD
Yeah I agree that organised unions got better pay and conditions for the average worker,but then some of the more rednecks decided it would be a great idea to push companies to their knees.End result lots of closed down industry and NO work for many people.Who won that race do you reckon?
Old 29-09-2021, 06:58 AM   #15369
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Latrobe City (actually a LGA including the towns of Morwell, Traralgon, Churchill and Moe) to go into a 7 day lockdown as of midnight tonight. This comes after 14 cases were reported today and another 4 cases to be reported tomorrow. Same rules as metro Melbourne, sans the curfew.

Lucky I was wfh this week anyway.
I got fuel in Traralgon last Thursday
Old 29-09-2021, 07:59 AM   #15370
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I got fuel in Traralgon last Thursday
The traralgon shell is a tier 2 exposure site for last Tuesday, but nothing for Thursday at this stage, Trev.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 08:22 AM   #15371
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Yeah I agree that organised unions got better pay and conditions for the average worker,but then some of the more rednecks decided it would be a great idea to push companies to their knees.End result lots of closed down industry and NO work for many people.Who won that race do you reckon?
Will answer this later, I have this damned argument with my 42 yr old nephew, we haven't spoken for 4 years now, he's a so called FIFO worker a heavy diesel mechanic/ fitter who's face fit with a certain national mining company, he's is/was a Project manager I think, we just don't talk because of this same issue, will answer later, got lots of doctor/ hospital appointments today, ok....

Cheers BillyE
Old 29-09-2021, 08:50 AM   #15372
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
The traralgon shell is a tier 2 exposure site for last Tuesday, but nothing for Thursday at this stage, Trev.
I think it was a Liberty or United servo on the south side of the highway, nearer to the centre of town before you go up the hill
Old 29-09-2021, 08:57 AM   #15373
slowsnake
Banned

So much for the AFL final being in Perth, we all know that maggots and lowlife scumbags can fit through any gap in the states defences!
Well 2 did, and were caught partying with the Demons, one of their faces is on the front page of my morning paper, both returned " inconclusive " virus test results!
What that mean?

Cheers BillyF
Old 29-09-2021, 09:20 AM   #15374
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of my sons works next door to a business listed in Brisbane as a Covid hotspot yesterday.
A positive truckie delivered goods next door.
I texted him to let him know and fortunately he was out at another location at the time.
Old 29-09-2021, 09:23 AM   #15375
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
and theres the catch
no ones going to pay to go to work and the companies arnt goint to pay it to have you heck they dont want to do pay rises as it is
as for events $100 event going to be $210 wonder how that will affect sales
might as well stay in lock down i mean unemployed at home doing nothing fun
Geez what's wrong with everyone?....this covid thing must be affecting the common sense part of folks heads!
We all pay to go to work?, bus and train fares, or childminders, you should all be grateful you have bloody jobs, a lot of good decent folk would chop an arm off to have a consistent future, a wage guaranteed every week, I sit at home all day, and its slowly destroying me, it's killing me.
And "might as well stay at home doing nothing, on unemployment" are you for real, this country is stuffed because of that attitude, I would sooner work and get less than the dole, than be on the dole
What is wrong with people, we are meant to use our muscles to work, not sit down playing video games all day, get a bloody grip will ya!

Cheers BillyG
Old 29-09-2021, 09:37 AM   #15376
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So much for the AFL final being in Perth, we all know that maggots and lowlife scumbags can fit through any gap in the states defences!
Well 2 did, and were caught partying with the Demons, one of their faces is on the front page of my morning paper, both returned " inconclusive " virus test results!
What that mean?

Cheers BillyF
Possible jail term and $50k fine. Being in the business fraternity I would have initially said they would just cop a fine. But now if they are found to have been positive and have passed it around, the penalty could be heavier. Somehow I think this inconclusive test might just be a ploy to make em sweat a bit more.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 29-09-2021, 09:41 AM   #15377
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I think it was a Liberty or United servo on the south side of the highway, nearer to the centre of town before you go up the hill
This one? If so, you're all good, atm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 29-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #15378
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Well the timber workers don't care about a "T" in the name, so a silent "M" should mean nothing in the big picture,

Cheers BillyP
Acronyms who gives a Ship High In Transit

Old 29-09-2021, 10:03 AM   #15379
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
Florida is nowhere near 80%. It is fact not far in front of Australia - 56.8 percent of total pop fully vaxxed, not sure that works out to be for 16+. But it is probably US's oldest state.
Thanks for the clarification - I had based that on earlier incorrect data. At least it explains why their CMR is still much higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
The figures were posted above. 2019 ended up being 945 and it was considered a bad flu year. The 5 and 10 year averages have been around that 400 or so figure and the CMR has been consistent.

Comparatively, we had 910 COVID deaths last year and 345 YTD in 2021.

I will amend the Victorian data today for the 'technical errors'.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 11:16 AM   #15380
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
This one? If so, you're all good, atm.
yep, that's the one

Good to know, thanks
Old 29-09-2021, 11:33 AM   #15381
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Victoria (specifically Melbourne atm) is starting to see the impacts on the medical system that come from a high number of covid cases. The consequences of this impact will effect anyone who calls on the Ambulance service, even if not covid related:

Quote:
Victoria's emergency phone service is being inundated with calls amid a rise in COVID-19 cases, with the volume of people ringing comparable to the thunderstorm asthma crisis of 2016 that overwhelmed the system.

The Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority (ESTA), which runs the state's triple-0 service, received 3,250 calls for help on Monday.

That figure represented its highest number of calls on a single day since it received 3,452 requests for help when unique weather conditions triggered asthma in thousands of Victorians and led to 10 deaths.

"We are regularly seeing unprecedented numbers of calls now," ESTA chief executive Marty Smyth said.

"Levels which before COVID-19 were seen only on busy weekends are now almost a daily occurrence."
Quote:
The ABC observed up to 17 ambulances either waiting outside the hospital in the street or in the waiting bays at the Northern Hospital in Epping on Tuesday evening.

She said having to carefully screen patients for COVID-19 was causing delays.
Quote:
Victorian Ambulance Union spokesman Danny Hill said paramedics were burnt out and constantly working overtime.

"The whole health and emergency system relies on members working enormous amounts of overtime," he said.
Quote:
Ambulance Victoria's executive director of clinical operations Mick Stephenson....
Quote:
told ABC Radio Melbourne issues with ambulance ramping seen at the Northern Hospital were not unique, and there were similar occurrences at "every hospital, every day" because the system was under "extraordinary pressure".

"Our capacity to respond and our performance has never been challenged as much as it has been over recent weeks," he said.

"COVID cases slow the system down markedly, that's the major issue."
Full story here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 12:22 PM   #15382
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I'm a bit more comfortable, as a father, today. My daughter (16 year old) got her first vaccination shot today; Moderna. Was available at the local pharmacy in town. They have heaps of doses, and are taking bookings, but have so few bookings they are taking walk-ins, too. My daughter said there was only one other person waiting after walking in, but they had no other bookings for the day.

Surprisingly, they didn't make a booking for the second shot, which is due in 28 days. Thought that would have been standard practice to ensure those that have their first shot get their second shot and become fully vaccinated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 12:42 PM   #15383
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 28th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,886 new cases for Australia and 12 deaths so the CMR is 1.245%. Australia also passes 100,000 cases.

10 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.642%.

The UK had 34,520 cases yesterday and 167 deaths for a CMR of 1.763%.

97,107 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,904 deaths sees CMR at 1.614%.

Other notable points:
France passes 7M cases;

Barbados
(217);
Nicaragua (718);
French Guiana (779);
Singapore (2,236);
Serbia (8,467) - the previous high on 1/12/20; and
Romania (11,049) - the previous high on 18/11/20

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Estonia moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Thailand drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 12:47 PM   #15384
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC

NSW records 866 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9815 (from 0.9629) while the actual line remains a bit above the predictive trend line and based on the 4th order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve.

VIC records 950 cases in the current period (another record high) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0675 (from an amended 1.0527) while the actual line remains level with the predictive trend.

Week 11 in Victoria ended yesterday with 14,194 cases to date compared to 14,587 at the same point of the 2020 outbreak and 23,700 for the NSW 2021 outbreak.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 29-09-2021, 01:21 PM   #15385
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
I'm a bit more comfortable, as a father, today. My daughter (16 year old) got her first vaccination shot today; Moderna. Was available at the local pharmacy in town. They have heaps of doses, and are taking bookings, but have so few bookings they are taking walk-ins, too. My daughter said there was only one other person waiting after walking in, but they had no other bookings for the day.

Surprisingly, they didn't make a booking for the second shot, which is due in 28 days. Thought that would have been standard practice to ensure those that have their first shot get their second shot and become fully vaccinated.
a bit weird they didn't make an appointment for the 2nd shot
Old 29-09-2021, 02:19 PM   #15386
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Oh the irony...

Victoria's CFMEU office classified as a Tier 1 exposure site
The CFMEU head office in Melbourne has been deemed a Tier 1 exposure site, a week after violent protests erupted outside the building.

The union says four positive cases had been recorded to date and a number of staff and officials had been forced into two weeks' quarantine.

In a statement, the CFMEU says it blames "the reckless and irresponsible behaviour of protesters" for the outcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 02:58 PM   #15387
slowsnake
Banned

Well it's done!.....my first shot of Pfizer, one more in 3 weeks.
The clinic does 1500 WA residents everyday!

Cheers BillyF
4 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 03:06 PM   #15388
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Well it's done!.....my first shot of Pfizer, one more in 3 weeks.
The clinic does 1500 WA residents everyday!

Cheers BillyF
Well done, mate.

Must be cold over there today; beanies, scarves, jumpers. Yep, just checked the forecast and it's only 24° there today. Bloody freezing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 29-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #15389
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo
My brothers mother in law has just developed mini strokes after taking the Astrazenica vaccine....

she is 74 years old and was in perfect health prior to being vaccinated.
One of the blokes at work ended up in hospital after his first shot, and my partners friends husband got dizzy and passed out while holding his baby son the same day he had his first dose of Pfizer, and they both ended up in hospital. The baby got a bump on the head, and he's stuffed his shoulder.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #15390
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
One of the blokes at work ended up in hospital after his first shot, and my partners friends husband got dizzy and passed out while holding his baby son the same day he had his first dose of Pfizer, and they both ended up in hospital. The baby got a bump on the head, and he's stuffed his shoulder.
All I had was a headache the next morning with my AZ shot, my wife spent the next day in bed after hers.
Closed Thread