Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Looking for Top Fuel Dragster Sound download

Hi, I'm looking for a Mp3 download of a Top Fuel Dragster at idle/burnout. I'm new at the ipod thing , do itunes do sound bites or just music? I found one site but you need to join and pay$ etc. Any suggestions?
Cheers, Dave

fakegt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you poach the soundtrack off a youTube clip?
Admittedly, I haven't done it but Iv'e seen others do it.....
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.wediditforlove.com/topfuel2.wav

This should do - Google is your friend
right click the link and save the file

Yes you can split the audio off Youtube clips into MP3 - if my Dad can find the software on the net for it, that means it can't be too hard.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
http://www.wediditforlove.com/topfuel2.wav

This should do - Google is your friend
right click the link and save the file

Yes you can split the audio off Youtube clips into MP3 - if my Dad can find the software on the net for it, that means it can't be too hard.
Thanks, saved that one and a mate tells me he has a "Street Machine" Mag free CD thats full of engine noise samples including a Top Fueller.
BTW its for my sons Rocker Cover Top Fuel car, we have set up some speakers underneath connected to an ipod, it should be a good laugh for him.
Cheers, Dave

Old 26-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes there is a street machine cd with sounds,
if u want something a little nostalgic,ive got a record here from the american winternationals from the 60s (feds,rails, crashes even ambo running down track)
wont sell the record but could run u of a copy(oh hang on wats a record player LOL)
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerida67
yes there is a street machine cd with sounds,
if u want something a little nostalgic,ive got a record here from the american winternationals from the 60s (feds,rails, crashes even ambo running down track)
wont sell the record but could run u of a copy(oh hang on wats a record player LOL)
I bought the wife a new turntable for X Mas, its got a USB port, so you transfer the sounds on the round black stuff to a memory stick, then to you computer etc.
Record players are cool again!
Old 26-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakegt
Thanks, saved that one and a mate tells me he has a "Street Machine" Mag free CD thats full of engine noise samples including a Top Fueller.
BTW its for my sons Rocker Cover Top Fuel car, we have set up some speakers underneath connected to an ipod, it should be a good laugh for him.
Cheers, Dave

that is very cool

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fakegt,
no probs ill do that for ya,when i dig my stereo up,packed away
ill even have to dig the record up to ,coupla young blokes knew i had it and how much ive been offered for it , so stashed it away
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
tufLTD
tufLTD

I've got a couple of MPEG & Quicktime vids of top-fuel dragsters & funny cars from the Winternats from a couple of years ago. Maybe you could extract the sound from them. I can e-mail them to you if you're interested.
Old 28-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the help and suggestions everone. I managed to transfer pauljh74's link and my mate came through with Street Machines "Screaming Eights CD" with such unforgettable tracks like:
Track 2: Victor Bray Burnout 57 Chev
Track11: Top Fuel Final
Track7: Big Block Bob, 480ci Chev
You get the picture! So I mounted up a set of speakers under the car, plugged in the ipod and pressed play, PRICELESS!
Cheers, Dave