Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-11-2007, 01:01 AM   #1
Vines5161

Default Rear Fog Light

I have just picked up my new focus(new to me) '03 3 door zetec. I was reading the book about the fog lights. It told me that if I turn the lights on and then pull the switch out one notch the front fog lights come on with the headlights. this it does just as the book said. it thensays if I pull the switch out one more notch the rear fog light will come on. What rear fog light??? Where is it ???? In the rear bumper I have two lights, both are reverse lights.
Can anyone tell me where the rear fog light should be. It is just a case of a blown globe ????
I picked the car up Thursday afternoon. A mate saw it Thursday night and said "It looks like sex on wheels". Felt great coming from a GT-P owner.

Vines5161 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

If both lights on the bumper are reverse lights, I dare say that the previous owner has modded it so that both are reverse lights. In stock form, only the left is a reverse light and the right is the fog.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or if you have a factory bodykit Ford changed them both to reverse lights. Thus eliminating the rear fog lamp

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
Vines5161

Thanks guys. Yes it does have the factory body kit.
Vines5161 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I've got a '03 LR LX with a Rear Fog/Rain Light which I very rarely use (usually in very heavy rain) and in hindsight I wish I had an additional Reversing Light.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #6
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can always convert it over if you want

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 05-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Actually Adam I quite like it now so I think I'll keep it all original.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #8
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well keep it that way then Eddie

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 05-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #9
whippet_zetec
Supes

yep, common mod, you can always reverse it back to a fog light at the rear, right rear light is the one you change back.

I dont use mine often, get some pretty decent fogs in winter and thats about it, or as Eddie said torrential rain.