Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
namecrap

Default Bems

ive had a look in the parts database and found that there are 3 low series BEMS listed for AU series 1....

what would the differences be? Id expect that one would be the series 1.5 update that had smartsheild instead of smartlock but what would the other one be?

also does anyone know if the ute has a different BEM to the sedans

LOW SERIES :

BEIGE (WR2A/AA)
GREY (WR2A/CA) this is in my AU 1.5 ute
GREY (WR2A/CB)

HIGH SERIES

OLIVE DRAB (WR2A/BA)
YELLOW (WR2A/DA)

Last edited by namecrap; 26-12-2008 at 11:52 AM.
namecrap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
MaTTe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey mate, I can't say for sure, but i'd say that one is for 2 door power windows, and another is for 4 door power windows.

The ute is probably the same as a sedan even though it doesn't use the fuel door or boot release functions, it'd just be a 2 door power window version.
Old 27-12-2008, 04:13 AM   #3
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

Looking at your part numbers their, if yours is S1.5, then the last grey one will still be S1.5 seeing that is it is a CB instead of CA, usually when anything ECU wise is updated with a minor change they update the last letter, a major change is the first letters, as in AA went to CA for smartshield yet CA going to CB would normally function exactly the same yet had an update to it.