Old 22-02-2022, 03:18 PM   #571
vbomber

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Carexpert will have videos and information going live at 6pm so keep an eye out
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2022, 07:08 PM   #572
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

youtube.com/watch?v=DA340r7cseo… #NextGenRangerRaptor

3.0 TT Ecoboost V6, front & rear locking differentials
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 07:19 PM   #573
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
Raptor isn't getting 3L
How’d you go old mate ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2022, 07:20 PM   #574
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
Raptor isn't getting 3L
Brah....
Things that didn’t age well.

The Raptor looks mad. I guess it is finally on my shortlist for my next 4x4.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2022, 09:36 PM   #575
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
How’d you go old mate ?

I wonder if the Raptor power train module was developed and amortised across three vehicles…

Cause two outa three ain’t bad….

Last edited by jpd80; 22-02-2022 at 09:43 PM.
Old 26-02-2022, 02:56 PM   #576
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Spotted a next Gen ranger in the wild today in a small rural town about 2-2.5h east of Melbourne.

Wildtrak spec in the hero orange colour, looked absolutely sensational, sadly I had no time to stop and have a proper look at it.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 01-03-2022, 03:21 PM   #577
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Good story about Trevor Worthington and local PD operations in the new Wheels.

Interesting comment from him, saying the new Ranger is capable of hybrid, plug in hybrid AND EV.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2022, 04:11 PM   #578
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

Interesting comment from him, saying the new Ranger is capable of hybrid, plug in hybrid AND EV.
You know if they do an EV, I'll be there first person in line for one!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2022, 04:19 PM   #579
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’m getting a Lightning mini me vibe……
Old 01-03-2022, 04:32 PM   #580
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

They should release them now. I get why they probably won’t, they don’t need to yet and it’s a great mid life update that will get everyone upgrading again but it would be awesome to do it now and really catch everyone with their pants down. Nothing to say it’s even ready to go now though I suppose.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2022, 04:42 PM   #581
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipXW View Post
They should release them now. I get why they probably won’t, they don’t need to yet and it’s a great mid life update that will get everyone upgrading again but it would be awesome to do it now and really catch everyone with their pants down. Nothing to say it’s even ready to go now though I suppose.
I agree. There are no 4x4 EVs on the market at the moment. Ford has a unique opportunity to strike first in this market. I can't understand why they wouldn't

Old 01-03-2022, 04:59 PM   #582
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
I can't understand why they wouldn't
time. money. resource. the last three years have been insane developing and launching ranger, raptor, amarok and everest globally in the middle of a pandemic. we need at least a little breather before we start electrifying the new platform.
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-03-2022, 08:52 PM   #583
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford has big issues getting enough hybrid and BEV battery supply at the moment, let alone adding Ranger to the mix
Old 01-03-2022, 09:25 PM   #584
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
time. money. resource. the last three years have been insane developing and launching ranger, raptor, amarok and everest globally in the middle of a pandemic. we need at least a little breather before we start electrifying the new platform.
Problem is, Rivian and others will arrive by the time Ford gets it sorted. They will lose their advantage. My money (and a lot of people I know) will jump at the first 4x4 that makes it to market with an EV driveline. Thousands of Cybertruck reservation holders are in this bucket as well.

Old 02-03-2022, 02:05 PM   #585
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Ford has big issues getting enough hybrid and BEV battery supply at the moment, let alone adding Ranger to the mix
Yeah it's kind of just about trying to get by until the new battery plants come online in a couple of years.
Old 02-03-2022, 05:28 PM   #586
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah it's kind of just about trying to get by until the new battery plants come online in a couple of years.
Absolute disaster in China at the moment with Mustang Mach E unable to get enough batteries
all because someone high up thought Ford could just get all its batteries from one supplier
Old 03-03-2022, 12:03 PM   #587
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

PX3 production ends in March, Everest in May

https://www.drive.com.au/news/curren...verest-in-may/
Old 03-03-2022, 06:58 PM   #588
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Problem is, Rivian
I thought Ford joined up with Rivian, but a quick google shows they cancelled that deal late last year. Seems they kept the investment though. Seems odd to tip $14.4m into a start up company and then produce vehicles that rival each other.
Old 03-03-2022, 07:31 PM   #589
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I thought Ford joined up with Rivian, but a quick google shows they cancelled that deal late last year. Seems they kept the investment though. Seems odd to tip $14.4m into a start up company and then produce vehicles that rival each other.
A significant part of their profit from 2021 was due to that investment. I don't understand why they wouldn't leverage Rivian. I don't understand their direction to be honest.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:57 PM   #590
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A significant part of their profit from 2021 was due to that investment. I don't understand why they wouldn't leverage Rivian. I don't understand their direction to be honest.

Rivian stock has experienced a significant drop, Ford will be listing it as a big negative special item in Q1 2022.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:31 AM   #591
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
To steal their tech probably.

They would have made a very significant return on investment if they had of sold their shares a couple of months ago. They invested 1.2 billion and it ended up being worth over 10 billion in december last year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rly%20December.

Ford, which has invested a total of $1.2 billion in Rivian since early 2019, has a 12% stake that the company has said was valued at more than $10 billion in early December.
Old 04-03-2022, 07:38 PM   #592
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
The whole thing hit a brick wall when the electronics were deemed incompatible with what Ford uses.
From that time on, the proposed Lincoln SUV was scrubbed as well as the potential Mid Sized Pickup.
What Ford thought was gold turned to poo in their hands and now their investment is losing value…
Old 04-03-2022, 07:41 PM   #593
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
To steal their tech probably.

They would have made a very significant return on investment if they had of sold their shares a couple of months ago. They invested 1.2 billion and it ended up being worth over 10 billion in december last year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rly%20December.

Ford, which has invested a total of $1.2 billion in Rivian since early 2019, has a 12% stake that the company has said was valued at more than $10 billion in early December.
They weren’t permitted to sell inside six months after the IPO plus they were compelled
to advise cancellation of Lincoln SUV. Once that news leaked out plus the slow start to R1T
production, the stock value began to slide, it might come back if they start building stuff…
Old 05-03-2022, 08:00 AM   #594
JKL

Tried to put a deposit on a XLS V6 in Meteor Grey 4x4, was told all we can do is take your details and confirm once we have pricing and driveline specs, they did confirm, XLT hi rider 4x2 would only be bi turbo - let’s hope XLS gets the V6? Any have a definite answer?
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2022, 09:19 AM   #595
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL View Post
Tried to put a deposit on a XLS V6 in Meteor Grey 4x4, was told all we can do is take your details and confirm once we have pricing and driveline specs, they did confirm, XLT hi rider 4x2 would only be bi turbo - let’s hope XLS gets the V6? Any have a definite answer?
Ford has indicated that the V6 diesel will be an option across the range but no word on the pricing…
It will be interesting to see the split out on who sticks with 2.0 and how many go the V6.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:57 AM   #596
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ford has indicated that the V6 diesel will be an option across the range but no word on the pricing…
It will be interesting to see the split out on who sticks with 2.0 and how many go the V6.
In the US when the V6 diesel was available Ford charged around $USD4,000 ($AUS5,600) as an option over the stock base petrol engine, interestingly the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost was a $USD600 option.

I'm hoping they stick to a similar price level now as obviously too high a jump and they'll stall sales of it, plus here it will be an option over a stock diesel engine, not an option over a much cheaper petrol engine. I'd imagine fuel economy won't be too much more with its larger capacity high torque just off idle in the normally more thirsty situation of low average speed stop/start driving.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2022, 10:28 AM   #597
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
In the US when the V6 diesel was available Ford charged around $USD4,000 ($AUS5,600) as an option over the stock base petrol engine, interestingly the 3.5L V6 Ecoboost was a $USD600 option.

I'm hoping they stick to a similar price level now as obviously too high a jump and they'll stall sales of it, plus here it will be an option over a stock diesel engine, not an option over a much cheaper petrol engine. I'd imagine fuel economy won't be too much more with its larger capacity high torque just off idle in the normally more thirsty situation of low average speed stop/start driving.
Following your logic, the 2.0 diesel is more expensive than a petrol engine, so the gap to the V6 diesel should be less than US$4,000 (AUS $6,000),so maybe AUS$3,500-$4,000?
Old 06-03-2022, 09:34 AM   #598
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Following your logic, the 2.0 diesel is more expensive than a petrol engine, so the gap to the V6 diesel should be less than US$4,000 (AUS $6,000),so maybe AUS$3,500-$4,000?
Hopefully my logic makes sense...
I just think if Ford play it smart and not too greedy they can wipe the opposition until they catch up. If the UK engine plant isn't supplying the US for F-150's anymore they need the orders for the Lion V6 from Australian and global markets for Ranger/Everest or it gets axed I'd assume.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2022, 11:02 AM   #599
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Hopefully my logic makes sense...
I just think if Ford play it smart and not too greedy they can wipe the opposition until they catch up. If the UK engine plant isn't supplying the US for F-150's anymore they need the orders for the Lion V6 from Australian and global markets for Ranger/Everest or it gets axed I'd assume.
Ranger and Everest are now the only vehicles using the 3.0 Powerstroke, the only thing saving it from extinction.
So it would be in Ford’s bets interest to keep sales as buoyant as possible….
3 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2022, 12:18 PM   #600
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

New raptor looks great. Looks much larger than the current one and better finished
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post