Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

Unhappy Sad Day For Ford Drivers

I know not all of us are, dare i say stupid, but someone today really crushed me. Now i have a huge problem with moron sticking chev badges on there holden. That really ****es me off. But today topped it all.

Driving up my road i see a BA xr6, non turbo, blue, with a mustang badge. Yes i giant chrome horse on the front grille where the ford badge should be : . i turned the raido off, and sat there contemplating pulling over, and im not exaggerating. Now i understand its his car and he can dowhat ever he wants to it, but please. There is a line.

If the guy is on this site. i hope u read this. U hurt me today. lol

Old 30-09-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Lets face it though.. BA's are so common now that they are getting to the point of desperation to stand out.
Its the old "rock and a hard place" problem. Look like a tool.. or look like a million other sales reps :

(for all the BA guys out there who just got offended.. its a joke, get over it.)

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

i know what ur saying casper. i agree. Just a shame to do somthing soooo foolish.
Old 30-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who cares if he puts a mustang badge on his car. I think most people can spot the difference between a mustang and a Falcon.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #5
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
(for all the BA guys out there who just got offended.. its a joke, get over it.)
It's cool mate, I am proud of my taxi/salesman ride. But on topic, a Mustang emblem? Oh please? Someone slap him.... Now.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT
It's cool mate, I am proud of my taxi/salesman ride. But on topic, a Mustang emblem? Oh please? Someone slap him.... Now.
As an owner of an AU we really shouldn't be commenting... but its good to hear that you BA guys know he needs a damn good slapping too

Old 30-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Who cares if he puts a mustang badge on his car. I think most people can spot the difference between a mustang and a Falcon.

yea of course u can, but its like, is he trrying to fool ppl or himself? or is it cause he thinks its one? its a sad day for ford and i think most ppl will agree.
Old 30-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoT-AU
yea of course u can, but its like, is he trrying to fool ppl or himself? or is it cause he thinks its one? its a sad day for ford and i think most ppl will agree.
Maybe he just likes the shiny mustang badge. Badging a car with something that it's not, isn't new. Theres been a few cars on this forum that have done the same. FPV badges on AU's, Ticky badges on fortes and FPV badges on XT's. I agree, it is wrong, but at the end of the day, i really don't think its that big a crime. Each to their own I guess.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #9
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
As an owner of an AU we really shouldn't be commenting... but its good to hear that you BA guys know he needs a damn good slapping too
I have a soft spot for T series AU's, and a dislike for most badges anyway. If I were to remove the Ford emblem from my grille, nothing would replace it.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Not as bad as this guy atleast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVlA1eBZ9Cg
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #11
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

lol the tickford badge is the most beautiful thing to grace a ford. lol agreed bucknaked each to there own.
Old 30-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #12
HoT-AU
06 SS Thunder Ute

O M G, that is the funniest thing i have ever seen in my entire life. That man does not deserve a car. end of story. he should drive a moped or walk.
Old 30-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #13
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, we have all leanrt something today and that is " some Ford owners aren't all that bright". Personally, I wouldn't do such a thing but it takes all types to keep the world aturnin' .... so they say.

From my experience, I have also learnt that with the shake of your head and calling him a drip under your breathe and in the safety and comfort of your own car, life still goes on.

But, in saying that, I agree with the majority. THE LAD NEEDS A GOOD SLAPPIN' ..... and a reality check.

Cheers.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #14
VladTepes

Could be worse - he could have put a chev badge on the falcon.....

It's just like all the highly original types out there who stick a Mack truck bulldog on their 4wd. I have a 4WD Land Rover ute - guess what logo it has on it ? A Land Rover one....

Smile It confuses people.
VladTepes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #15
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoT-AU
I know not all of us are, dare i say stupid, but someone today really crushed me. Now i have a huge problem with moron sticking chev badges on there holden. That really ****es me off. But today topped it all.

Driving up my road i see a BA xr6, non turbo, blue, with a mustang badge. Yes i giant chrome horse on the front grille where the ford badge should be : . i turned the raido off, and sat there contemplating pulling over, and im not exaggerating. Now i understand its his car and he can dowhat ever he wants to it, but please. There is a line.

If the guy is on this site. i hope u read this. U hurt me today. lol
and the problem with putting chev badges on a holden is what? most people know that holdens are mostly european designed with american discontinued engines in them, for example the 3.8L v6 found in the VN on is actually an east west motor from Buick that was discontinued in '84 due to problems....the V8 motors are chev motors....stands to reason why a holden driver would put a chev badge on his holden. but as for a BA owner putting a 'stang badge on his car.....not cool. yes its the same company...much like chev is to holden, but completly different names and standards. what was he thinking?!!!!

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #16
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

D1XR2C, i've got the original of that from one of the mischief videos.
What a tool, a Mustang with a rotary with pistons in it.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 07:08 PM   #17
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Hypothetical:

If I were to put an SVT Cobra engine in my AU T-Series, would everybody slap me for putting a "chrome with red eyes" snake on the grill?

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #18
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it this guy? If so its a BF not a BA, and its turbo.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #19
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Hypothetical:

If I were to put an SVT Cobra engine in my AU T-Series, would everybody slap me for putting a "chrome with red eyes" snake on the grill?

Daniel
Yes.. twice!
Once for putting a cobra on a Falcon that doesnt have the factory "cobra" name... and the second time for wrecking a perfectly good T series by ripping out the engine. Keep the block number the same as the chassis. Mutations like that belong on non Tickford AU's.

(/me waits of all the non purists to have a mental! : )

Old 30-09-2007, 07:46 PM   #20
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Casper.. quick now!! return your car to stock! thats not how it came from the factory!! :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #21
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Yes.. twice!
Once for putting a cobra on a Falcon that doesnt have the factory "cobra" name... and the second time for wrecking a perfectly good T series by ripping out the engine. Keep the block number the same as the chassis. Mutations like that belong on non Tickford AU's.

(/me waits of all the non purists to have a mental! : )

Ha, you had better start rubbing your hands vigorously, so it does'nt hurt so much when you slap my cold, bloodless self.

Daniel

BTW, there is NO WAY i'm putting a Cobra emblem on a Falcon.
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #22
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

I seen the mustang badge on the Falcon early last year. I just laugh.
But as others have said people put badges that the car shouldn't have on thier car.

I'm just amazed that the VL brigade hasn't put Nissan badges on. I thought the car would be more of a Nissan then a Commo anyways.

The one I find funny is reading in the Commodore forums that a Lexen rebadged as a Commodore isn't a real Holden.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 07:54 PM   #23
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I personally don't see what the problem is, if I had a Commodore with a LS1/LS2 the 1st thing I would do is put those chev badges on, I think they look good, after all it is a Chev/Holden, they are one big family GM, and with concerns to the BF above, it look's allright, so what if that badge is a Mustang emblem, maybe he likes stalion's, really who cares, and mate if you say you had to allmost pull over when you seen this, well then my friend you have problems, to be so superficial over something so little, get a life.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #24
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennBA
Is it this guy? If so its a BF not a BA, and its turbo.

Actually, ashammd to say this boys.... well, errrr....it's actually mine before I moved to NSW from Vic and before I took out the turbo for a stock 6. yep stang badges now off and replaced for classic badge now but put a F6 bar on once I moved north.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #25
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennBA
Casper.. quick now!! return your car to stock! thats not how it came from the factory!! :
Mental number 1.
Whats even funnier is it was so obviously a loaded post.. and you STILL had to answer

Like I give a damn what others do to their cars. They can paint a T3 pink and line it with muppets for all I care!

Old 30-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #26
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Actually, ashammd to say this boys.... well, errrr....it's actually mine before I moved to NSW from Vic and before I took out the turbo for a stock 6. yep stang badges now off and replaced for classic badge now but put a F6 bar on once I moved north.
You took out the turbo?... thats worse than the badges :P :
Old 30-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #27
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

i think it actually looks TUFF with that Mustang badge ... IMHO
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #28
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I personally wouldn't do the pony grill badge but each to their own. Maybe the person owns a stud or is a horsey person. Lots of horsey people plaster horsey things all over their vehicles or maybe it has some other meaning or he just plain likes it. I see lots of people talking about modifying cars on this site, is it that only generally approved mods are allowed. Who cares if it looks rediculous (for the record I think it does) he likes it. Street machining is all about modifying, and not just engines. By the way I have aftermarket non genuine badges on my guards replacing the XR8 ones and most people comment that they look good. I also have BA scuffs with specially made plates carrying gold tickford wings and scribed "Hand built by Tickford" Everyone thats seen those want them.

There is no accounting for taste good or bad.

One persons opinion not meant to inflame or offend so please take these comments lightly.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 10:45 PM   #29
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

People always seem to ask one question more than any other... why are you doing that? It is always a simple answer... its for fun. If its not fun for you, then its just not worth doing it... you have to enjoy your car the way you want it.
Old 30-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #30
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Actually think the badging looks pretty reasonable on that - in a different sort of a way.
Good on him for doing something different.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post