Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
ynot57

Default help

my au has got a pacemaker set on it.i have to change the gasket is it still a standard exhaust gasket please i need to buy one.

ynot57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: help

It's more of a case they make exhaust gaskets to mate up with the exhaust side of the head. Moreso than making them for specific extractor companies.

Should be a gasket for an AU I6
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes just a standard gasket someone might have mentioned " extractor gaskets" but these were just something needed on old non crossflow engines like the old holden red, bly, black motors because the flange was thiner on the extractors a thicker gasket was needed

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
ynot57

thankyou folks for help.
ynot57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post