Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Question wings or no wings

OK,
For those who read my posts and check my signature you know that I've decided to do mainly plastic surgery on my AUII. So now I've got my Rebel kit fitted, exhaust tip and mags on, the outside (except the front) is done.
I've been thinking (thinking mind you) of putting some Tickford wings on the side and back of the car.

I know its 'fake' but they would look great on my colour AU (Monsoon Blue)
So what do you guys (and girls) think?
Yes or no.

Uncle_Ken

How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

show us some pics of your car!
Old 28-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #3
Uncle_Ken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

and

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Old 28-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I have a car that came with Tickford wings, and removed all but one (which is covering a hole). So if you have a car that didn't come with them, but want them, that's up to you.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

its up to you, and i agree they would look great. i have genuine ones but i dont really get hung up over them being on non tickford vehicles - i know mine are real and thats what matters to me.
Old 28-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #6
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
If you have a car that didn't come with them, but want them, that's up to you.
Agreed!

Many will give you a pasting if you put them on, but if you don't care, and want them, then go for it I reckon!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
Uncle_Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Agreed!

Many will give you a pasting if you put them on, but if you don't care, and want them, then go for it I reckon!

GK
I wouldn't blame "them" if they do, I can understand that point of view.
I just reckon it would look really, really good :
Uncle Ken
Old 28-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #8
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not a fan at all, but each to their own

at the end of the day, if you like it, then do it
Old 28-08-2006, 10:55 PM   #9
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

I tend to agree with the majority here,if you like it,do it.It's your car,you can stick hsv badges on it for all I care :P
Old 28-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #10
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Wings or not , it still wont be a genuine tickford , but whatever tickles ya fancy , im easy and got nothing against people modding the cars the way they like them / if you like them and want them then go for it ;) .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 11:53 PM   #11
99FalconS
99FalconS

Never been a fan of adding badges to make a car somthing it is not but as everyone says its your car and your choice.
99FalconS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #12
sednwol

I agree with the others, but I think it would look a little Pretentious, I mean all those who know Tickford vehicles will probably laugh. Jusy my 2c worth.
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 01:12 AM   #13
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

who cares if you put them on.. they are nice looking badges. Just make sure you put them in the same spots ford does.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 01:15 AM   #14
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I chucked a couple Tickford badges on my car. Mainly cause it looked nicer & I think I have enough Tickford parts on my car to satisfy it.

Since putting the bodykit on, I took them off. I like the cleaner look. And I'm proud my car's a falcon. It's got more stuff than what a Tickford has anyway, lol.
Old 29-08-2006, 05:18 AM   #15
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No Wings
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #16
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
I chucked a couple Tickford badges on my car. Mainly cause it looked nicer & I think I have enough Tickford parts on my car to satisfy it.

Since putting the bodykit on, I took them off. I like the cleaner look. And I'm proud my car's a falcon. It's got more stuff than what a Tickford has anyway, lol.
Sell me your badges, p.m me.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #17
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

it would be no different to all the ba xr's i see with fpv badges on them. i would pull off the sr stickers as i think too many badges/logos can look cheap. as an aside- the sy territory sr's all come from fpv (that's where they fit the steering wheels and running boards) so i'm guessing tickford probably would have tickled your sr before it made it to the dealer......if this is the case your au would have every right to wear those wings... just my 2c worth.

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 08:56 PM   #18
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really dont mind. I think it will look great with that colour. People like it when the entire kit is a tickford copy but when a few little badges are added they say its possing. I dont get it..

If you have tickford items. Then its not factory tickford enhanced, but still tickford enhanced. I see in your sig you have a tickford intake. So if anyone wants to have a go at you for having the wings just say its got tickford parts so you have a right to have then wings.

But really who cares what people say. As long as your happy with the finished product, good on ya.

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #19
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8falconsrule
it would be no different to all the ba xr's i see with fpv badges on them. i would pull off the sr stickers as i think too many badges/logos can look cheap. as an aside- the sy territory sr's all come from fpv (that's where they fit the steering wheels and running boards) so i'm guessing tickford probably would have tickled your sr before it made it to the dealer......if this is the case your au would have every right to wear those wings... just my 2c worth.
I agree. I have an SR Focus. Pull the SR badges off and clean it up. Looks much better cleaner
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #20
MRJUCY
Fordless

I've never liked badges that much & never really understood the point to lying as anyone who would care if it's a Tickford could tell it wasn't anyway so just be proud of what you have & what you've created.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 09:12 PM   #21
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
its up to you, and i agree they would look great. i have genuine ones but i dont really get hung up over them being on non tickford vehicles - i know mine are real and thats what matters to me.
I second that. Up to you mate
Old 29-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #22
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG

Reckon so hey? :nutsycuck j/k nice car LG back on topic
Old 29-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #23
Uncle_Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8falconsrule
it would be no different to all the ba xr's i see with fpv badges on them. i would pull off the sr stickers as i think too many badges/logos can look cheap......
Yeah I've been thinking about the SR stickers...it would be cleaner without them now I have the rebel kit...umm I still don't know what to do re the wings.

Thanks for the honest options guys, thats why I asked the question as I can't make up my mind (yet)

Uncle Ken :eclipsee_

PS I do like thinking about what do do next with the car, thinking is half the fun..
Old 29-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #24
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I agree. I have an SR Focus. Pull the SR badges off and clean it up. Looks much better cleaner
Bucky your Focus didnt go to Tickford.........: j/k
Old 29-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #25
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To me Tickford is an Icon plenty of genuinely badged Tickford vehicles were not that much more of a performer than std. Tickford represents refinement and if your proud of Ford and proud of the symbol that represents refinement in fords (the wings) then put the suckers on brother a serious tickford vehicle has a plate in the engine bay and is registered at FPV so go for it it would look great the car lokks fantastic and deserves a symbol of refinement.

Oops probably going to get caned noe for my opinion but thats all it is guys one persons opinion.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #26
Uncle_Ken

No Mate all points of view welcome.
Uncle Ken

Last edited by Uncle_Ken; 29-08-2006 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 29-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #27
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

to me tickford wings/ badge's means your cars got some mambo (ie.get up and go ).if it don't then don't badge as such. i know there's lots of tickford cars with tickford badges and such that came from the factory with wings and only have body kits or suspension .to me thats ford tryin to sell some more cars.but none the less they are (tickford enhanced cars).i dunno maybe its just me but i reckon if your going to put tickford wings on a car its got to have the performance to back it up .

flame away
FS5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #28
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS5
to me tickford wings/ badge's means your cars got some mambo (ie.get up and go ).if it don't then don't badge as such. i know there's lots of tickford cars with tickford badges and such that came from the factory with wings and only have body kits or suspension .to me thats ford tryin to sell some more cars.but none the less they are (tickford enhanced cars).i dunno maybe its just me but i reckon if your going to put tickford wings on a car its got to have the performance to back it up .

flame away
Im not sure if thats correct, I think the only vehicles that actually got the wings put on in the factory were genuine XR's and T-Series etc. I dont think cars that just had suspension etc put in actually got the badges - anyone able to confirm?
Old 29-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #29
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Im not sure if thats correct, I think the only vehicles that actually got the wings put on in the factory were genuine XR's and T-Series etc. I dont think cars that just had suspension etc put in actually got the badges - anyone able to confirm?
What about the Tickford enhanced fairlane that had a higher output. It wasn't a T-series and wasn't an XR

go here http://www.fastlane.com.au/News_Ford...e_Tickford.htm

they were 1998 EL type vintage with 195 KW
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #30
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by howesy
What about the Tickford enhanced fairlane that had a higher output. It wasn't a T-series and wasn't an XR

go here http://www.fastlane.com.au/News_Ford...e_Tickford.htm

they were 1998 EL type vintage with 195 KW
sorry, i probably should have been more specific wth what i said. What i meant was that Tickford models such as XR's, T-Series etc (including FTB because it was made by Tickford) did get wings, but cars that have only got minor stuff done to them such as suspension fitted by Tickford etc didnt get wings.