Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Gift ideas?

One of my best mates is getting married today and he is a childfriend. I want to get him a gift of some description that would be personal from me to him. But the problem is, apart from leaving it to last minute, that already has everything he wants or needs.

Usually wedding gifts can consist of dinner plates, bath towels or some generic crap like that, but he has all that from his engagement party and has made mention that he has some duplicates of some gifts that he will have to do something with. I dont want to give him just anything.

He does have an LH Torana with a 400 chev sitting in his garage and I thought, hmm maybe a GM 6/71 supercharger would be a nice gift :hihi: , but seriously I dont have type of cash to throw at someone. _2:

I have thought of just giving him cash, and while that leaves things open to get what he chooses, I dont beleive this is a personal gift for a longtime friend.

I was thinking perhaps a gift certificate to do the V8 experience here at Adelaide International Raceway. What do you guys reckon? As I know he is a speed freak and likes to drive hard.

What other suggestions would you come up with for the man who already has the works?

EDIT: I dont mind giving him a late gift if it means that its a worthwhile one. I know he wont mind a late one at all, so dont restrict your ideas purely on the fact that the wedding is on today. Plus I would prefer to give him the gift hand to hand so to speak anyway.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic

Last edited by blueoval; 18-02-2006 at 01:08 PM.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #2
XRated
Shoot.

These dilemmas are never fun! Your current idea is pretty good, which leads me to suggesting something similar like a flight in an jet, or even a scenic helicopter flight over the coast?? I'm not sure if they sound boring, but it might lead you to think of something else!!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally if he is a speed freak and that I would go with something to do with cars..
like you suggested yourself (the V8's) or something along those lines... cos seriously would he get around to doing it himself (especially considering the fact he is getting married today!!!)...

It would be something he enjoys, something he hasn't already had (got), and it is a personal thing in a way..

thats the only thing I can come up with and you already had.. so.. up to you
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #4
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

thanks guys for your input.

I like the thought of a helicopter flight, I may have to keep that into consideration.

But yeah the V8 race experience seems like the best bet so far. I will however be joining him if I get the gift pass for him, so he can have some decent competition. :hihi:

Keep the options coming!

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 18-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
Yummy Mummy

I've suggested it to someone else before, but you can never go wrong with www.adrenalin.com.au

Choose an activity, order the voucher online and have it emailed right away, so you can print it up and give it to him. Everything from V8 fast laps, rally cars, to hot air balloon rides, to skydiving. If he doesnt like what you gave him, he can swap it for another activity.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #6
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you get that for him , what do you give his Mrs.?
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #7
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If he has a Holden then hes probably Holden orientated but if not, not only that but SBR have their 3 up car at some of the race meetings they may have it at the Clipsal round in Adelaide next month so look up the website for info. Good luck
I've done the skydiving WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 18-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
if you get that for him , what do you give his Mrs.?
Well I was thinking of getting his mrs a day spa gift voucher. You know something she can just relax with some friends with for the day while the boys go flog the adrenalin monkey!

Yummy Mummy - Your idea is an excellent one, thankyou you very much!

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 18-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #9
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
If he has a Holden then hes probably Holden orientated but if not, not only that but SBR have their 3 up car at some of the race meetings they may have it at the Clipsal round in Adelaide next month so look up the website for info. Good luck
I've done the skydiving WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yeah he is anti ford but that dosnt mean he doesnt have respect for the quick ones out there. But he is Holden orientated. I'll have to look at something like what you have said next year for his 1 year anno.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont