Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-01-2019, 10:55 PM   #1
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What if you wrapped it?

Nowadays you can get all sorts of paint protection for cars. Some say they are bunkham, balderdash and just a plain waste of money, others swear by them. I realise that no matter what you do if you get in an accident or heavy hit whatever you put on will need to be replaced but what if you had your paint all clay barred and colour matched and then when and clear wrapped it, the whole car. Would you think it protect the paintwork any better than all of the spray/buff on type protectants?
Old 04-01-2019, 11:58 PM   #2
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: What if you wrapped it?

Yes, it does protect better than any ceramic coating or sealant.
The new clear wraps have 'self-healing' properties as well.

The only problem is it is very expensive!
I got a quote to completely wrap my Mustang from Tint-A-Car, and it was $6,000.

Okay, if you have a $150,000 car, then percentage price wise its all relative, but paying that sort of money on an average priced car, is probably not worth it.

Last edited by GO FURTHER; 05-01-2019 at 12:05 AM. Reason: spelling
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2019, 01:00 AM   #3
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

The problem I find with wraps and clear bras is the surface quality looks like crap, very peely and not as glossy. Nothing compares to paint. Sorry, off topic, as you were gents.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #4
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got a lot of respect for those that can do a good job of wrapping cars with all their curves and creases...should see how I butcher covering the kid's school books, which are just flat rectangular surfaces.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #5
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Got a lot of respect for those that can do a good job of wrapping cars with all their curves and creases...should see how I butcher covering the kid's school books, which are just flat rectangular surfaces.
I agree, it is a job for the pros.
I saw the Tint-A-Car owner's own car, a wrapped AMG C63 while I was there, and the finish was stunning!
Unless he had told me it had been wrapped, I would not have known.
It had a very glossy finish, like it had just been waxed.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post