Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Default New Job

I just started a new job this week flogging off Mitsubishi's for Adelaide's own Agostino Mitsubishi. Selling cars is something I've wanted to do for quite some time and it's interesting that my first opportunity has come with these guys. It has, however allowed me some fresh insight into their products but it hasn't convinced me to sell my Fez yet (see how the Ralliart Colt shapes up first :P)

The oddball award certainly goes to the Colt CVT model. Not only is the CVT something to get your head around but the fully electric power steering is a little unusual too. After having driven one of the new manual models though, I must say it's a real improvement and $2000 cheaper to boot.

The real surprise package for me so far is the 380GT. I haven't been able to see myself in a large car for a long time, especially after the Falcon but I've been seduced by leather seating, six stacker, sunroof and a surprisingly good engine note.

All I have to do now is to convince the boss to let me borrow an Evo IX...

Old 01-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome! congrats on your new job!

I always think a black 380VRX or GT looks good. If only we can put the 3000GT engine in it........
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

congrats on your new job

The 380 is a very nice car. But im not looking for a large car so i won't get one. Looking at Fiesta ST (if they come), Focus, Polo gti and Fiat Punto as next car
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

congrats on new job, big cars are good for power and comfort to a degree, but as i have a small car atm and interested in XR5T in 08 illskip on the mits, but how are they. never had one and just interested in what ppl think of them.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 02:08 AM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Seduced by the GT Magna Hey?

Be careful, cuz her resale value will kick you in the nuts and bring tears to your eyes!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #6
joshf2
striped

heathen bitsamissin
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2006, 11:23 PM   #7
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Seduced by the GT Magna Hey?

Be careful, cuz her resale value will kick you in the nuts and bring tears to your eyes!
True, but I hear that the residual is still better than a Falcon or Commodore. I might be lucky to get one as a company car later on although not likely to be a GT.

Also of interest, we take delivery on the first Ralliart Colt Turbos soon. They're looking to be pricier than a Polo GTi at this stage though so it could be interesting...
Old 04-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #8
Battlepope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
The 380 is a very nice car. But im not looking for a large car so i won't get one. Looking at Fiesta ST (if they come), Focus, Polo gti and Fiat Punto as next car
380 is pretty sweet. The Vic cops actually have a couple that they use as undercover vehicles. Good idea i suppose, coz how many hoons actually expect cops to be tailing them in a mitsu???
Battlepope is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #9
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
Also of interest, we take delivery on the first Ralliart Colt Turbos soon. They're looking to be pricier than a Polo GTi at this stage though so it could be interesting...
Whoa!!! See the price of the Ralliart Colt in the paper on Saturday? $29990 plus all the usuals..... I don't see them selling well at that price.

Hey Leigh which Agostino dealership are you working at?