Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2021, 01:35 PM   #15121
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 20th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,486 new cases for Australia and 5 deaths so the CMR is 1.339%.

22 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.661%.

The UK had 35,702 cases yesterday and 49 deaths for a CMR of 1.812%.

133,725 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,203 deaths (some carried over from the weekend) sees CMR at 1.611%.

Other notable points:

Only -
Syria (204); and
French Guiana (445)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Ireland and Kazakhstan drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 01:36 PM   #15122
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 1,023 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9627 (from 0.9573) while the actual line is almost back to the predictive trend line and based on the 4th order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve.

VIC records 603 cases in the current period (another high for this outbreak) and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0420 (from 1.10714) while the actual line moves closer to the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 21-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #15123
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
3 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 01:51 PM   #15124
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
Yes I agree, sweeping generalisations about Sutton. But reading his bio, I am underwhelmed. Going off to do humanitarian medicine in Afghanistan plus a few years of public service does not prepare someone to make determinations that affect the financial viability of people, businesses and states. So I actually stand by my opinion. Through luck more than good management!
Professor Brett Sutton has extensive experience and clinical expertise in public health and communicable diseases, gained through emergency medicine and field-based international work, including in Afghanistan and Timor-Leste. He represents Victoria on a number of key national bodies including the AHPPC (Australian Health Protection Principal Committee).

Professor Sutton is a Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health, a Fellow of the Australasian College of Tropical Medicine and a Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine (AFPHM). He is also a member of the Faculty of Travel Medicine.

... is a bit more than you actually stated and he is only one of a much larger group of experts in a variety of fields who agree on the advice that should be presented to the Government but you keep belittling him because I'm sure you must know better.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 01:55 PM   #15125
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Where is Dutton? Yesterday's footages needs to be sent to ASIO. There are reports that those at the front of the queue protesting were not actually members....who knows. I agree its spreading. As previously mentioned, one of my best mate is in the industry, and recently any conversations I have with him always turns into "communism this" and "communism that", its crazy.
Got nothing to with Dutton! Vic police will collaborate intelligence with relevant security organisations if needed otherwise they will deal with it.

Why does everyone think it is all left wing and communism with unions is beyond me; your mate needs education with politics and unionism to understand how it all works.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 01:55 PM   #15126
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Yup,
Having a job matters.
Having to eat your lunch outside doesn't matter.

Yesterday they were chanting shut it down. Now they have their wish.
Old 21-09-2021, 02:17 PM   #15127
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stambolova View Post
This isn't about the "odd protest". This is a sort of culmination of the past 18 months; 540-odd days of the nation being saturated with lie after lie and subjugated with fear.
In your opinion.

And not a bad effort for someone who's only been a member for 1 day
Old 21-09-2021, 02:18 PM   #15128
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
In your opinion.

And not a bad effort for someone who's only been a member for 1 day
I have a funny feeling that they have been around for more than one day - just under a different name.
4 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 02:25 PM   #15129
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Got nothing to with Dutton! Vic police will collaborate intelligence with relevant security organisations if needed otherwise they will deal with it.

Why does everyone think it is all left wing and communism with unions is beyond me; your mate needs education with politics and unionism to understand how it all works.
Reference to Dutto was a bit of tongue and cheek. However, ASIO have publicly warned us that right wing extremists are the no 1 security threat to this country, so it would actually fall into his portfolio IF it does turn out it is these fringe groups causing the scenes we saw yesterday?

And yes, I feel said mate is slipping into the ether. Hard to have a normal conversation with him these days. Politics or not, everything inevitably somehow comes back to "communism"

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 21-09-2021, 02:39 PM   #15130
tweeked
N/A all the way

Just took the dog for a walk, was in a park by myself. No one within 200 metres of me, but I had to wear a facemask.

These are the rules that will lose people. Why do they not go back to the "mask outdoors where you cannot socially distance". That made sense. I will happily comply if I feel like I am remotely making a difference. This is just dumb and takes away hugely of one of the few freedoms left.

Worst of all, this will not go away in Vic until 80% 2nd jab. It just proves that no matter how many fellowships our CHO has he is not a Fellow of common sense. In my opinion of course!

Old 21-09-2021, 02:54 PM   #15131
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Just took the dog for a walk, was in a park by myself. No one within 200 metres of me, but I had to wear a facemask.

These are the rules that will lose people. Why do they not go back to the "mask outdoors where you cannot socially distance". That made sense. I will happily comply if I feel like I am remotely making a difference. This is just dumb and takes away hugely of one of the few freedoms left.

Worst of all, this will not go away in Vic until 80% 2nd jab. It just proves that no matter how many fellowships our CHO has he is not a Fellow of common sense. In my opinion of course!
Agreed, the vast majority are willing to comply with logical rule sets.

Where I live I’d say mask compliance on my regular walk is down to single percentage figures and of those that are wearing it I’d estimate 5-10% actually wear it covering they nose and mouth.

Compare that to down at the shops indoors or outdoors and compliance would still be easily over 95%.

Whether it’s Sutton, Andrew’s or the advisory board they need to remember that what’s ideal from a risk minimisation perspective with only Covid cases in mind, is not ideal in terms of mental or physical health, let alone economic impacts and community division, the middle ground is nowhere near our current pathway.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 03:02 PM   #15132
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Except the government wants people to forgo their human right to refuse medical treatment. It's in the UN Charter on Human Rights. Everyone has the right to refuse medical treatment.

Except if you are in the middle of a pandemic with a virus with a 99.7% survival rate, then you must give up your human rights, be kicked out of your job, and eventually you won't be able to go anywhere or do anything.

And people are happy to accept this? We've become a nation of apathetic sheep.

The government will hit the vaxx rates they want, just leave anyone else who doesn't want it alone ffs. No wonder people are getting angry. It's only going to build from here.

Nobody is holding them down and injecting them. They don't have to get vaccinated. They just might need to work in a different job.

I am happy to accept this.
Old 21-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #15133
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Nobody is holding them down and injecting them. They don't have to get vaccinated. They just might need to work in a different job.

I am happy to accept this.
Yeah, just take away their livelihoods cause they don't comply. Not something you would see in a communist state at all.

It's forcing them to by stealth. Yeah they aren't being held down, but if we take away their job, make their life not worth living and basically ensure they can barely leave their house, then what choice do you give them?

Now they are firing tear gas at the protestors. If you didn't think Dan Andrews was trying to crush anyone who dares question his authority, this should be all the proof you need.

It's probably a diversion away from todays news story about him selling out his countrymen. Treasonous scum.

Old 21-09-2021, 03:17 PM   #15134
Stambolova

It is mandating by coercion. The net result will be a modern form of apartheid.

5 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 03:30 PM   #15135
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

But if its just a shot for the lowly flu what are you worried about?

Unreal that construction workers get locked down for 2 weeks and how many other industries have been shut for how long? Or is it because most of these people would struggle to have savings to get them through two weeks?

Industry advised on incoming requirement, "members" stage illegal protest and warned they would be shut down. Shut down occurs and its all surprise?

No wonder most people dont go into politics.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 03:36 PM   #15136
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I don't recall seeing too many protesting about this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Jab,_No_Pay

Quote:
No Jab No Pay is an Australian policy initiative which withholds three state payments – Child Care Benefit, the Child Care Rebate and a portion of the fortnightly Family Tax Benefit part A per child – for parents of children under 20 years of age who are not fully immunised or on a recognised catch-up schedule. No Jab No Play is a related policy that disallows unvaccinated children from attending preschool and childcare centres, and imposes fines on childcare centres that admit unvaccinated children.[The system allows exemptions for children who cannot be safely vaccinated for medical reasons.

It's mandating by coercion too.
Old 21-09-2021, 03:54 PM   #15137
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Oh please

Its very simple
Dont want to be vaccinated? Dont tnen

But dont whinge if you cant work somewhere where its a requirement of employment.
You shouldnt be entitled to free medical treatment should you refuse vax & then become seriously ill from covid. If it was up to me treatment should be refused.

Freedom of choice does not mean freedom from consequences.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
Old 21-09-2021, 03:55 PM   #15138
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Those vaccines actually work. And stop you from getting and transmitting it. Proven over decades of use.

These crappy covid "vaccines" (which technically aren't even vaccines) hardly even work, and aren't proven medium to long term. Heart issues seem to be the most common form of side effect.

Sure, none of them are 100% safe, but i'd put my house on these long term ones that work, rather than these experimental ones rushed onto the market.
No offence boss, but if you like the idea of the the long term ones that (are proven to) work, why don't you go out and get one.

That's right, you can't. In the meantime, go out and get yourself something that has been proven to work in the short term. It gives you a better chance of surviving the pandemic than holding out for something that doesn't exist.

There's no point in comparing the existing treatments with something that doesn't even exist. You'll just burst your boiler getting agitated about it and we'll all go crazy from hearing the same stuff time and time again.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 04:04 PM   #15139
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had my TV going all day and man there a lot of angry hi vis kicking off in Melbourne. Totally ****ing up the Westgate.
Old 21-09-2021, 04:06 PM   #15140
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
If it really was a choice, conditions wouldn't be applied.
Every choice we make in life has repercussions. No different in this case.

Actually, thinking about this a bit more, I don't actually have a problem with people making the choice to not get the covid-19 vaccine.

The impact from the people not getting a vaccine is that the number of cases, hospitilisations and deaths will be grater than what has been predicted, and based upon those figures, when the states will start to open up again.

As long as those who choose not to get a vaccine don't rely on our public health system when (not if) they catch covid and clog up our heath system for those who have made a choice based on their own health, their families health, or the greater good of the community they live in, then feel free to make the decision you want. Just don't allow your choice make an impact on the rest of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 04:12 PM   #15141
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
I don't where you have been all these years as this is nothing new in Australia; the odd violent protests have been going on since Adam was a boy.
In more states and territories than you, find something else to protest about and not my posts, which by the way are from me, not the newspapers or the internet.
Think up something of your own to deride

Cheers Billy
Old 21-09-2021, 04:15 PM   #15142
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I'm jumping out for a bit before this gets out of control. This has the potential to go south pretty quickly.

I understand people's views and choices, even though I may not agree with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 04:16 PM   #15143
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

A day in a life.......
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...rs-2021-09-16/
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 21-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #15144
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
If it really was a choice, conditions wouldn't be applied.
No - it's still a choice. You might not like the consequences but you can still make that choice for yourself. It's not much difference to the consequences of breaking the criminal code - you can choose to murder someone if you want to but the consequence will be a long stay at one of Her Majesty's Holiday Camps with nocturnal activities thrown in as a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Yeah, just take away their livelihoods cause they don't comply. Not something you would see in a communist state at all.

It's forcing them to by stealth. Yeah they aren't being held down, but if we take away their job, make their life not worth living and basically ensure they can barely leave their house, then what choice do you give them?

Now they are firing tear gas at the protestors. If you didn't think Dan Andrews was trying to crush anyone who dares question his authority, this should be all the proof you need.
Nothing stealthy about it. The Government (and many employer's) have made their stance on vaccinations transparently clear. Yes, if you choose not to be vaccinated without a medical reason then you probably won't have a job and your freedoms will be somewhat inhibited and if you choose to break those restrictions you'll face sanctions for that as well but the choice is still yours.

As for firing tear gas at protesters - if they intend to behave in the aggressive and rabid manner they have been so far then what else would you expect? Or would you prefer a baton charge, rubber bullets, water cannon instead? If you want to act like an animal then don't whine if you get treated like one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stambolova
About the only thing you've said so far that has any merit. Yes, those who choose not to be vaccinated are going to be a different class of citizens but unlike apartheid, it will be by their own choice.

I could understand all the bleating if we were dragging people off the streets and forcing vaccines into their arms but we aren't and our Governments (and various employer groups) have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for the rest of us.

As for the stupid comments about the efficacy of the vaccines, go and read the research that has been conducted in the US and UK about just how effective they are in terms of reducing your chance of dying by somewhere between 25x and 30x and that is what actually matters.

Here is a final warning for the anti-vax and anti-Government posters. Go find some other far whichever wing forum where your views might find a sympathetic audience of like minded nutters because your views aren't welcome here and future posts of that nature are just going to be deleted so you'll be wasting your effort.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 21-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #15145
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
But if its just a shot for the lowly flu what are you worried about?

Unreal that construction workers get locked down for 2 weeks and how many other industries have been shut for how long? Or is it because most of these people would struggle to have savings to get them through two weeks?

Industry advised on incoming requirement, "members" stage illegal protest and warned they would be shut down. Shut down occurs and its all surprise?

No wonder most people dont go into politics.

As soon as you join a public forum and post in a thread, then disagree with that person's view, that makes you political!,,,,or a politician!...
Politics is part of every stream of everyday life!.....

Cheers Billy
Old 21-09-2021, 04:26 PM   #15146
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I'm jumping out for a bit before this gets out of control. This has the potential to go south pretty quickly.

I understand people's views and choices, even though I may not agree with them.
Can I come too......
Please get me outta here!....

Cheers Billy

Last edited by slowsnake; 21-09-2021 at 04:34 PM.
Old 21-09-2021, 04:32 PM   #15147
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Specious reasoning comparing murder to "voluntary" vaccination. They do have something in common, they are both premeditated...

Apartheid by any other name is still apartheid

What they are doing is probably worse as they make a mockery of one's choice.
I'm curious. Did you join a car forum to talk about your car, presumably a Ford, or just to find somewhere to argue your beliefs?
Old 21-09-2021, 04:33 PM   #15148
Stambolova

^ I'm after a Mondeo wagon, I've started a thread in the appropriate place GasoLane

Old 21-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #15149
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
Oh please

Its very simple
Dont want to be vaccinated? Dont tnen

But dont whinge if you cant work somewhere where its a requirement of employment.
You shouldnt be entitled to free medical treatment should you refuse vax & then become seriously ill from covid. If it was up to me treatment should be refused.

Freedom of choice does not mean freedom from consequences.
Too too simple hawk girl.The whole country is going to be subject back door mandatory vaccination even though they all said in the early days that mandatory vaccinations would not happen.Everyday another employer comes out and says NO jab NO Job.So how long before there won’t be a job that doesn’t reqiuire employees to be jabbed,then how long before shops start enforcing the same rule
5 users like this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 04:58 PM   #15150
Stambolova

So let me ask this question.

Why is it so verboten to counter the official narrative and subsequent actions by the governments, here and around the world?

Last edited by Stambolova; 21-09-2021 at 05:18 PM.

3 users like this post:
Closed Thread