Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 AM   #1
STORKYGT
what u looking at?

Default boot release.....

just wondering if anyone can help. my boot wont open when i press the button all that happens is a clicking sound up under the dash somewhere.and when i press the button on the remote it makes the hazard lights flash once.i cant find any fuses ... its really ****ing me off . some info on this would be handy cheers....

STORKYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 03:18 AM   #2
T-Pak Addict
Jim

the wires that go to the boot might have open circuited..... or loose wire (where boot opens closes at the hinge)

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

I have just fixed this exact problem yesterday with my boot. I thought initially that the plug under the parcel shelf had come un-done, but turns out that the wires were chopped in half by the boot hinge at some stage.
My boot light hasnt worked for about a year, and my boot stopped popping open about 3 months ago, then all of a sudden my number plate lights and Wing brake light stopped working. i thought it was the plug, but traced where it was & wasnt getting power & right in the middle of the flexible rubber that goes from car to boot lid all the wires were cut in half. I rewired it all & now the boot, brake & number plate lights work & i have a boot light again aswell, no more fluffing around in the dark.

Check to see if your getting power down there & trace where it stops.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORKYXR8
just wondering if anyone can help. my boot wont open when i press the button all that happens is a clicking sound up under the dash somewhere.and when i press the button on the remote it makes the hazard lights flash once.i cant find any fuses ... its really ****ing me off . some info on this would be handy cheers....
Out of curiosity, what struts do you have? D1 or D2's?
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

So where abouts does it get cut through?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

mine was sliced inside the rubber flex boot rinning from the boot into the car (next to the right hand boot hinge). It obviously got pinched at some stage and snipped through the wires one at a time. It may or may not be your problem. Use a test light to see where your getting power and where your not to trace the problem down.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post