Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Perth Falcons > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

Default FG XR6T Ordered! So many questions!!

Hi,

I am in Perth, I have just ordered my Nitro M6 FG XR6T with Luxary pack. I am just organsing a few basic mods which I want done at the moment pretty much effective as of the day I pick it up. I was thinking about getting 5th Dimension but hearing from other people how crap it is, ill save my 2.7k and spend it on mods.

Insurance is gonna be the big pickle as still being 19 years old, does anyone recommend someone else other than Just Car? I think Just Car is all I could find which would insure me but they have quite expensive excess...

Does anyone know what kind of globe the headlights will have on the new FG series? Is is the same as the prior BF series? I already have a HID conversion kit but I need to get the correct globes. From what I gather only 4500k is streetlegal on WA roads but I am thinking of getting 8000K or 12000K for the blue to match my car colour. Any recommendations?

Also I am looking at putting a turbo-timer in as soon as possible, does anyone know of a good place to get it fitted and any recommendation on which brand I should go? I heard theres lots of problems involved with immobilisers!

What about BOV, are they benefitial to get done aswell or not really recommended? What brands etc? From what I heard "its rice racer crap"

Is the stock intercooler any good? If not what should I get put onto it and does it void warranty if I do that. Thats the thing I am not sure about putting a intercooler, boost controller, flash, exhuast and heavyier mods at the begining because I want to run in the engine decently and make sure there is no problems under warranty first.

When I was ordering mine I wanted to order without a spoiler, they would not let me do it, so where would be a good place to get it removed?

Also as for the run in goes, I have heard three methods. what is the best?

A. Drive it like you stole it
B. Easy run in(gentle)
C. Dynod

Fuel wise I guess I will go with 98 octane fuel, is that good considering that the engine spec'd with 95 pulp?

I was considering getting 20-30% tint but after hearing horror stories that insurance companys wont pay up if you crash, should I avoid this? How does yellow sticker work, if four windows are defected can I just get a yellow licky for just tints? Because as far as i know, only illegal things ill have is HID and tints.

Is there anything else worth getting pretty much immediatly that does not void warranty?

Last edited by kice; 19-03-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added a few things
kice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post