Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
BlueFG2

Default new fiesta CL

Tomorrow i pick up a new fiesta cl for the mrs, she likes the overall look of the car, but not the placeholders for the where the fog lights go, so i decided that i would remove the placeholder and install the fog lights, but im not sure the best place to get these, anyone know a wrecker or spare parts place in melbourne that can help me?

BlueFG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Default Re: new fiesta CL

I believe the "blanks" that are on the CL don't actually have the required mounts and wiring harness in place to add the foglights.

You would probably be better off finding a complete front bar from a Zetec model and fitting it to your CL ...
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Fiestaman

I checked my CL wiring and have found a lead both sides that are attached to the top of the fog light cutout. These are blanked off and I presume they are for the fog light wiring as the looms are probably the same for Zetec and CL/LX.

Whether the WT Zetec fog light chrome surrounds will fit a CL I have not been able to establish - I would think that for cost savings the bumper would be identical in all 3 models thus fog lights will fit.

I was quoted $154 just for one fog light surround (no light) by local Ford dealer so will look at importing from England.
Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
BlueFG2

Thanks for the help, I pick it up today so I'll suss it out then
Old 29-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

If they are like the WQ, you will need the foglight (L and R) and also the interior switch, from memory, the combo for my old WQ was around $200 landed from Uk Ebay
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
BlueFG2

Well the lights finally came, I have the 2 lights, all the wiring and a switch, though I neglected to buy the chrome piece where the light sits, so I have to get them then decide weather I should try install them myself, or just pay someone for piece of mind as I'm not too confident with wiring
Old 15-07-2011, 01:38 AM   #7
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Your Ford dealer should do it, but you can probably guess how much they're going to charge you. Hopefully the wires are part of the Foglight harness because that's worth about $800 from Ford.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got a similar kit from UK for the Focus, decided to let an auto electrician do the job (it was on the edge of my capabilities and I thought it would help avoid warranty issues). Took them about one hour = $100.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post