Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
Peej

Default Sub and Amp

Hey all,

just wonderin what everyones thoughts are on running a sub and amp of the stock head unit. Anyone heard of any problems?

Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #2
robbo_23

Depends if the stock head units have RCA out, which i serously doubt
robbo_23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Im currently running all pioneer gear = 2 amps 2 subs, 6inch front 6x9s in rear all from the stock HU. Only problem is you will lose the fade function. which hasnt really bothered me. There are no RCA Outs too.
Old 21-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

ive got one off my stock unit, you can get a line converter and hook it to your stock speaker cables and it will convert it to RCA output. it sounds awesum and goes HARD. you will find that many ppl have, and different ppl will tell you to buy different subs and amps. i just bought a clarion cost me 90 and a scnider 2 channel amp which cost me 180. installation (carton of crownies = 50) and wiring KIT 35. simple really, the hardest part u may have is iff you have to take the head unit FACIA off, thats a *****.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 08:01 AM   #5
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I've done the same as Photn, used a line level converter, works pretty good while still leaving the stock headunit, as Mista Fiesta said you lose the fader, but if you used 2 line level converters, running off thr fronts and rears you could avoid this, all depends on if you're going to add more than just a sub...

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #6
Swaytan
Swaytan

I've got the stock H/U, sounds fine dude. Though an aftermarket H/U will increase the clarity heaps.
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #7
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Line converters will be your best bet, but your still gonna have the disadvantage of double amping the signal
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post