Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FTF Car Club of NSW > Club Discussions

Old 23-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
fpv608
BA MK2 GT

Default ford service

Hi everyone, my 45k service is comming up and need help for which service to take to. Had bad experiences in the past with my last two services, which both where different dealerships. Was it my luck or are all of Ford Services the same. Please advice ...

Falcon-Tickford-FPV Car Club of NSW
http://bseries.com.au/fpv608
PB 13.2 @ 109 mph
fpv608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

unfortunately i've always heard people whinge about ford dealer service.

you could always try brad garlick as they are a sponsor of the club. (maybe just mention that the club recommended you come here) they should take care of you.

also, long time no chat mate, hope all is going well
Old 23-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #3
olfella
Cranky old bastard

I have heard good things about Power Ford. Could be worth a call.
olfella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had my 45k service at Brad Garlick last week. Very good to deal with, make sure that you mention that you are a club member as we do get a discount.

It cost me $370 with me supplying oil. Also included engine and radiator flush.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
fox270
The Fox

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising and running the AFF team at the Nulon national events. 

Hey Harkan just had some work done on mine at sinclair Ford Penrith, very happy and they are FPV dealers and service mechanics. They have a seperate FPV work shop for F6's and GT's.

Rapid means fast..
F6

Oztek Performance
fox270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
tony351
Fast Ford Addict!

guys i work at sinclair ford at penrith and we do have a great service centre!! im a member of the club and am alwya willing to help a club member out!!

If you come to us drop in and say hi!!
Old 25-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony351
guys i work at sinclair ford at penrith and we do have a great service centre!! im a member of the club and am alwya willing to help a club member out!!

If you come to us drop in and say hi!!
i think ill go there for my next service then since im in penrith 4 times a week.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
tony351
Fast Ford Addict!

cool see you there!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella
I have heard good things about Power Ford. Could be worth a call.
I can safely say ... DO NOT GO THERE.
They suggested my rough idle was due to my non-standard sized wheels and tyres and were adamant about it. And they are rip-off merchants ... they wanted $330 for front brake pads.

I can vouch for Winford Ford at McGraths Hill .... they are excellent ... and competitively priced as well ... they have serviced and looked after my Territory throughout the warranty period and have been excellent.

Also can add Sinclair Ford in Penrith are good .... have one of my earlier services and a bit of warranty work done there ... and I was happy with the work and service there ... I recommend them as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 03:20 AM   #10
XR8AD
Starter Motor

I had a 30,000km service completed at Thomson Ford (Parramatta) today on my BA II XR8, and couldn't be happier with the service. It's the first time I've used them and I'll be going back. If you do consider them, book online for a 10% discount - saved me about $40 on today's effort.
XR8AD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #11
fox270
The Fox

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising and running the AFF team at the Nulon national events. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8AD
I had a 30,000km service completed at Thomson Ford (Parramatta) today on my BA II XR8, and couldn't be happier with the service. It's the first time I've used them and I'll be going back. If you do consider them, book online for a 10% discount - saved me about $40 on today's effort.
Been there just check that they did all the work. they did my car and the work listed only half of the work was done. Got charged for all of it.
Never again will I go there.

Rapid means fast..
F6

Oztek Performance
fox270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #12
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8AD

I'm glad that you liked getting ripped off by those deadbeats. Obviously they have charged you $400 for an "A" service which is a rort(wouldn't expect anything else from the low lifes)

Had a "B" service done elsewhere with radiator fluid change and only paid $355
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post