Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Default RIP Ford Forums dot com

Has everyone who goes on both ford forums seen the absolute RAPE JOB of an update they have done. I am not particularly a fan of the layout of this one, and much preferred the other till it changed to what it is now. I wont even bother with the other one now...

What do you guys think of the changes......

P.S. Mods, dont go wiping this post.......

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just had a quick look & as Pauline Hanson would say " I dont like it"

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #3
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

havent posted there for a year now. Meh.
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #4
rodderz

No, it's not good, you guys owning older falcons had a lot of info there...but the good thing is over here you can combine everything together and make it a wealth of info for everyone
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

there are a few threads on this topic around the place, everyone seems to have the same reaction.
We won't wipe the thread, and we don't censor their url as they did ours.
Its unfortunate that this has happened, but maybe its what is needed to bring the ford community together again, rather than having an us vs them situation

Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #6
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Who cares ... the goods are here!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 10:39 PM   #7
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

They completley screwed it now to find what you want for early falcons you have to go though stuff about every falcon x-series e-series etc .
God damn americians can't ya leave anything alone there was no oil or weapons of mas distruction in the those forums lol
Tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #8
max^power
Formerly au^ute

lol, so how many of this type of thread do we have going now? 3 or 4 i think ive seen. the good thing about the internet is it's dynamic.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #9
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

I migrated to this site pretty much from the start but I still visited the FFdotCOM site from time to time because their "classics" section was more active than this one. Now that the other site is no more I'm looking forward to this part of FFdotCOMdotAU picking up considerably.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:03 PM   #10
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

First off, what they have done is NOT an update. John has quite obviously sold the domain AND the forum databases to the new owners. They have bought atleast another half dozen sites in the same ambush manner. This thread should be in the bar, so ill mvoe it there now.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #11
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

jeez there isn't enough threads on this already? he sold the domain woopy doo, his business, he did what he wanted. if everyone is here what does it matter anyway?
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #12
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, just been over for a look and no one is happy and i see new forums taking up where the old ones were ripped ( or people migrating here ), and it makes you appreciate even more being a member / sponser of FFAU.

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:13 PM   #13
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Noticed this the other day, i joined here as soon as i was invited by Rocket(?) from memory, this is a better forum has been since it was Born.

R.I.P
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:15 PM   #14
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everyone calm down I think its called business....so what if John sold it.

It now means this definately is the number one Ford Forum...it is well run..it is well participated in and most of all it is reasonably tolerant....especially if the team let me hang around.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:19 PM   #15
jmc-007

Yes thatis true. but not when you dont tell the admins or anyone what is happening.

Even worse when you sell the sponsors out. If they get burnt why would they want to give money to another forum. !!

Not just ford forums.com from the looks of it but a few other import , GM and other ones too.

Everyone had the ИИИИs.
this place will get real big
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #16
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Everyone calm down I think its called business....so what if John sold it.

It now means this definately is the number one Ford Forum...it is well run..it is well participated in and most of all it is reasonably tolerant....especially if the team let me hang around.
John, back in your box mate.

If it was just business, why are his sponsors left holding the bag? They have paid him perfectly good money for advertising rights, just for him to perform an internet disappearing act, and now they have no rights at all with the new owners. Thats not business. Thats called fraud.

Now alot of former ff.com members are going to come here, and they are going to want to talk about whats just happened. Its quite fair to let them talk about it, as its hardly a small event thats just occured.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 27-02-2006, 11:23 PM   #17
FordFan86
meow

/me cracks out the fireworks and starts singing auld lang syne and the wicked witch is dead and whatnot.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #18
Dodge
i like to be stroked

its hard to follow, it looks like a free for all forum, its slow and sux. shame it was a good start for me . is there a big jugs forum???
Old 27-02-2006, 11:29 PM   #19
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Maybe make 1 thread about this, and keep all discussion in there?

I reckon it'll end up being a major discussion point and not worth flooding these forums with multiple topics about it.

As sourbastard said it IS fraud, and also i'm sure there are legal implications to selling a database of member information? When you sign up to a forum you are giving your personal information and your posts to THAT forum, i'm pretty sure on-selling that information isn't legal as the person basically bought everyones email addresses, names, IPs, etc etc. I'd be more worried about getting spammed personally! Especially considering the new owner is obviously not adverse to making money off advertising!
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:39 PM   #20
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by senifx
As sourbastard said it IS fraud, and also i'm sure there are legal implications to selling a database of member information? ..... I'd be more worried about getting spammed personally! Especially considering the new owner is obviously not adverse to making money off advertising!
Really depends on the terms and conditions that the sponsors have with the respective website. Additionally, given that ford forums was based in America, there is little legal recourse - I struggle to see his old sponsors going to the trouble of civil action in the US over what probably (guessing here) is for amounts less than $1,000. They would just write it off.

As for the new owners of the website, they would have to abide by the "contract" that you had with fordforums when you registered. Anyway, nothing that a spam filter won't fix.

As for the new website itself, the new owner didn't invest much time into a lovely thing called "change management", leaving members out in the cold, even to the extent that the moderators didnt know what was happening was a little bit of a silly idea. The best approach would have been to be as transparent as possible, including discussing layouts etc.

The new site does seem very hard to navigate. As for the new owner, hope they didnt pay too much, intangible assets are a wonderful thing, the worth of any internet forum is the sum of it's members contributions. By alienating the members, and by vastly changing layouts, your going to get members looking elsewhere. Your intangible asset won't be worth much now.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #21
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

As far as how they are treating members, they are doing alot of the "tell us how you want it to be" posting, but considering the method in which they aquired the domains in the first place, its not encouraging much participation.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 27-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #22
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Just visited then, never been there before, its ИИИИ and i wouldnt want to go there anyway. The way they organise the place isnt as user friendly as here.
Old 27-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #23
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
John, back in your box mate.

If it was just business, why are his sponsors left holding the bag? They have paid him perfectly good money for advertising rights, just for him to perform an internet disappearing act, and now they have no rights at all with the new owners. Thats not business. Thats called fraud..
Your making a lot of assumptions there...How do you know that Sponsors etc have not been contacted already or if not, will not be contacted soon? The new owners have stated that they will reset all member rights if you email them and advise them of your previous status. John's been through a lot lately, but he has never shown himself to act in an unethical manner (as far as I know anyway).

I'm long time moderator on FF.com and admit although I knew some changes were needed, I wasn't quite expecting this. The original forum was not very active and something needed to be done.

Last edited by WASP; 27-02-2006 at 11:58 PM.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #24
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

You know what cracks me up?

During the go-kart grand prix at the first Forums Forums Raid, MrSparkles made a flippant remark to myself and Chucky, two halves of a galant racing team, and gave birth to BSR. It grew a life of it's own, and for Ford Forums Raid II, John (seemingly ex-owner of FF.com?) arrived in Aus from the US with the BSR logo tattooed at the top/middle of his back. A tattooee myself, I thought getting something like that permanent was a little odd. Perhaps he can get a cover up job with a big capital L.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #25
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Your making a lot of assumptions there...How do you know that Sponsors etc have not been contacted already or if not, will not be contacted soon? The new owners have stated that they will reset all member rights if you email them and advise them of your previous status. John's been through a lot lately, but he has never shown himself to act in an unethical manner (as far as I know anyway).

I'm long time moderator on FF.com and admit although I knew some changes were needed, I wasn't quite expecting this. The original forum was not very active and something needed to be done.
The sponsors are posting in the forums, and theres no admin, no mods, no noone to answer them in 24 hours? John isnt posting. The new owners arent responding to the questions, you guys(gmack yourself and raven) havent been given any information to deal with it either. Calling it like I see it mate.

Youre a long time moderator, gmack is an admin, raven is a mod as well, yet none of you knew this was coming, none of the sponsors knew it was coming, no planning, no hints, no "be prepared", no nothing. There are a half a dozen other forums been migrated in the same manner, all in secrecy until the last moment.

It doesnt need to do a dance down the middle of the street with a marching band playing "Domain Sales are here Again" for it to be obvious whats happening.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 28-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #26
RATT

The site was doomed once AFF was up and running. Our sponsorship on FF.com was cancelled without renewal as soon as Peter Warren Smithfield sponsored AFF.
I think this was bound to happen.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 12:20 AM   #27
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

Came over from FF and I'm glad they did what they did this is a kick ИИИИ forum it's all gone to the dogs over there now. Most of the old FF members i think will follow suit.... :gren:
Old 28-02-2006, 12:21 AM   #28
LUXO_8
windsor user

i just hope a lot of the great info that was on there isnt just gone..... would be a shame....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #29
BLKFPV
true blue from "The BOG"

this place ain't getting sold to LS1.com soon ... is it? :

I notice Capa is a little ^$#*^ off on that site atm ... who were the other two local sponsors again ??

I too hope that a lot of the info hasn't been deleted out of ignorance .... there was a lot of great stuff ... can't find much now :

".... where having a FORD is all that matters"

not a 10sec car but a 2008 Bathurst 12 hour Race Car

(03) 9720 4448
to email click here
www.thebog.com.au

11/176 Canterbury Road BAYSWATER
BLKFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #30
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
The sponsors are posting in the forums, and theres no admin, no mods, no noone to answer them in 24 hours? John isnt posting. The new owners arent responding to the questions, you guys(gmack yourself and raven) havent been given any information to deal with it either. Calling it like I see it mate.

Youre a long time moderator, gmack is an admin, raven is a mod as well, yet none of you knew this was coming, none of the sponsors knew it was coming, no planning, no hints, no "be prepared", no nothing. There are a half a dozen other forums been migrated in the same manner, all in secrecy until the last moment.

It doesnt need to do a dance down the middle of the street with a marching band playing "Domain Sales are here Again" for it to be obvious whats happening.
I would be lying is said it doesn't look good, but I'm trying the give John and the new forum owners the benefit of the doubt. I've now had time to look around and I'm not very happy with what I'm seeing (reading) so far. I would like to help the original sponsors but have no information myself...