Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
scottc

Default 'doors open' lcd icon staying on problem

Hi guy's.

I got out of my car at the shops before and the remote locking wouldnt work. It was giving me the chirping horn noise, telling me that I had left a door open. After opening and closing them about 10 times, I couldnt work out what was going on! The 'doors open' icon was on as well as the interior light.

The car is a ute, so only 2 doors, and there is nothing stopping them from closing.

Anyone able to shed some light on what the problem might be?

I cant seem to find the door switches to check them either?

Weird.

scottc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I had the same issue ... and then it stopped.
I asked the Ford tech guy at my local service department.

He said 9 times out of 10 it is one of the actuators ... as they tell the BEM that either door is open. Either that or it's the BEM playing up.

When sitting in the ute with both doors closed ... when trying to lock it with the dash button or the driver's door button ... do the locks cycle down then up quickly .... or does one of the door locks sound like it is making a grinding sound????

I am putting money on a faulty actuator.

They are about $130 from for plus a $12 loom for adapt from the BA actuator that they only supply now to the AU loom.

I can't remember the process of testing which door it is though ... but I remember JC mentioning something on this though.

Oh ... there are no separate door switches ... it's a part of the actuator as mentioned ... it is also one complete unit that incorporates the door lock inside the door itself that locks onto the striker on the door frame.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
scottc

Thanks mechan1k.

If i sit in the ute and push the button down, they just pop up again, there is no grinding sound.

So the 'switch' is part of the locking mech? I couldnt find any info in the Max Ellery handbook about it.

Scott.
scottc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I was searching high and low for it as well ... and the Ford tech at the service department I take my Territory to told me about it. I trust the guy ... has been pretty good in the past for me.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post