Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Manure dumped at Clarkson's home

Manure dumped at Clarkson's home
Climate Rush campaigners holding a banner by the horse manure
The protesters said they were "blasé" about dumping the manure

Climate change protesters have dumped a pile of horse manure at the home of Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson in a protest about vehicle emissions.

Six women stood by the dung in the drive of his home in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, with a sign that read: "This is what you're landing us in."

The protesters from direct action group Climate Rush said they were being as "blasé as him" about emissions.

Clarkson made no comment and Thames Valley Police said no-one was arrested.

Police were called to the presenter's home at about 1145 BST after reports that a group of women dressed as suffragettes, three camera crews and a few members of the press were in the grounds of his house.

A wheel barrow load of manure from a horse-drawn cart was dumped in Clarkson's driveway.

Protester Deborah Grayson said: "Just as he's ever so blasé about his CO2 and how much he's contributing to climate change emissions, we're a little bit blasé about our horse manure."

Sgt Mark Smith, from Thames Valley Police, said the women, camera crews and press had left the property by the time the officers arrived.

He said no complaints had been lodged against the protesters.

It is not known if Clarkson was home at the time of the protest. BBC News

It will be good to hear Jeremy's comment !!!!!!!

Old 18-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Do facebook status' count? :

Jeremy Clarkson: There is a terrible smell of Horse Manure outside my house. No idea why?
A few minutes later....
Jeremy Clarkson: Discovered the reason for the smell. I would like to thank the eco-hippies for the free manure. That's going straight on the roses.

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Well at least this time he didn't cop a pie in the face.

I hate all these enviro queers - how does dumping manure on someones driveway prove a point?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

When I read the tittle I thought the Morris Marina club had finally tried getting back at Clarkson.
Old 18-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Damn tree huggers. Doing this won't stop climate change. Let us get on with our job of burning fuel and we'll let you keep smoking pot.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #6
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
When I read the tittle I thought the Morris Marina club had finally tried getting back at Clarkson.
Well one of them did say they'd poo in their hand and throw it at Clarkson.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm guessing they used a horse and cart to transport the manure and not a truck...
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I hope he has the tree hugging vandals charged.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #9
xrbossute

He deserved it only because he says Vokesvargen-Nevertheless those eco terrorists should be recycled.
xrbossute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #10
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

ahhh... ""the only true wilderness is between a greenies ears"
Old 19-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #11
rodderz

I hope he drops a few donuts in a very rich running car with dripping oil at the local cult camp ground
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Should be good for the garden, and what he doesn't use he can sell to his neighbours. That would really make the this little stunt backfire.
Old 19-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #13
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO
I'm guessing they used a horse and cart to transport the manure and not a truck...
No need to guess, it's in the article.

No idea what the yentas were attempting to accomplish. It's not like Clarkson has anything to do with government policy.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #14
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

There are probably more 'greenhouse gasses' coming off their pile of horse manure then one of his cars.
Still, pretty funny though, and at least he appears to be seeing the funny side to it aswell.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #15
The Monty
Just slidin'

I hope the horses didnt fart when doing there poop. Wouldnt want any methane being released.
Old 19-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
torbirdie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
No need to guess, it's in the article.

No idea what the yentas were attempting to accomplish. It's not like Clarkson has anything to do with government policy.
I think the protestors were concerned with the effect he has on many impressionable members of the general public who dont know any better. You gotta hand it to him, he makes people feel good about pointless exercises racing ferraris against porches(or whatever lame brain trial they run) etc on public roads, and comments such as:

on the effects of global warming - "let's just stop and think for a moment what the consequences might be. Switzerland loses its skiing resorts? The beach in Miami is washed away? North Carolina gets knocked over by a hurricane? Anything bothering you yet?"[21].

These links perhaps also help:

http://www.speedace.info/top_gear.htm
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007...son_in_tro.php
torbirdie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
Barry_v
rocknrolla

so if I don't agree with an individual's global warming opinion I can vandalize their property? If they did the same thing to a government decision maker I could see a point. clearly too much pot smoking on their part.
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pffffft we could stop driving in Aus all together and it'll do stuff all.

It's the other countries these idiots are just so blind and ignorant.
Old 19-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #19
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbirdie
I think the protestors were concerned with the effect he has on many impressionable members of the general public who dont know any better. You gotta hand it to him, he makes people feel good about pointless exercises racing ferraris against porches(or whatever lame brain trial they run) etc on public roads, and comments such as:

on the effects of global warming - "let's just stop and think for a moment what the consequences might be. Switzerland loses its skiing resorts? The beach in Miami is washed away? North Carolina gets knocked over by a hurricane? Anything bothering you yet?"[21].

These links perhaps also help:

http://www.speedace.info/top_gear.htm
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007...son_in_tro.php
Hahahahaha, those links are the biggest load of hippy rubbish I have ever read (any yes, I did read them, give me back my 10 minutes!). What these people fail to realise, is that there is a reason that it is shown in primetime, and given a 2 hour timeslot. It is POPULAR with a LARGE demographic, who are interested in ENTERTAINMENT, not propoganda. Not a "small section of the public" as stated in one of your links.

For Christ's sake, the guy is an entertainer. The show is about entertainment, and given it's world-wide ratings, it's far from lame. Public roads my backside, they close roads when they do tests (and have stated so in various segments).

"it fails to include the interests of many women in its programmes." Load of rubbish, it is one of my wife's favourite shows and she knows next to nothing about cars.

"... It does not focus enough on ‘greener’ cars, the need to cut car journeys or the alternatives to car travel." I have seen segments on Tesla, Prius, growing biodiesel, and many, many challenges with alternatives for car travel (a bicycle even won once! Shock horror!!!!).

"THE battle to have Top Gear scrapped and replaced with a programme promoting sensible driving in sensible vehicles" Christ, just shoot me already. If I wanted to see this, I'd just sit outside a cop shop or speed camera all day watching everyone slow down.

And the other link, "The area is apparently home to a few species of bird which will be disrupted during their breeding season". To use one of your lines, where is the evidence? I find it incredibly hard to believe that a couple of track marks in the middle of a salt flat will make any difference whatsoever.

"But Top Gear could be doing more to promote greener cars. The Tesla, Lighting, Alé and numerous other cars featured here on TreeHugger all look like a hell of a lot of fun, and deserve to be given screen time. " The telsa, the car that they did test, both cars they had failed miserably. One ran out of power in just a few miles, and I think the other one had major brake or overheating problems. Still a way to go to be a serious performance car, let alone entertainment, wouldn't you say?

Just more unsubstantiated, useless, waste of time hippy rubbish. Just like the pile they left in Clarkson's driveway.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #20
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You gotta hand it to him, he makes people feel good about pointless exercises
like dumping manure outside Clarkson's place?

Quote:
many impressionable members of the general public who dont know any better.
A little birdie told the name of one.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #21
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:

Yes you are right. If it wasn't for Clarkson I would never have started taking yearly trips to Botswana to drive around on the Salt pans.
Also why I only ever race my Ferrari at an airport. [/sarcasm].

Your entitled to your opinion on global warming and the like torbirdie, but if you are as intelligent as you like to make out, you should be well aware that those who are not of the same opinion are not going to be swayed by you or any number of links on this forum.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2009, 01:21 AM   #22
XR8GRL